It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panasonic's consumer-grade exoskeleton can be yours in September

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, well, well ATS. It appears that Panasonic has announced plans to sell consumer grade Exoskeleton suits, the Assist Suit AWN-03, to the general public this September. They say that the suit will be for professions where this kind of tech could come in handy such as Agriculture, forestry work, and construction work. The planned cost for the suit is $8,000.

Panasonic recently revealed plans to sell a consumer-grade robotic exoskeleton suit later this year. The Assist Suit AWN-03 is designed to help manual labor workers lift heavy objects with less strain, thus potentially reducing the risk of long-term injury.
The futuristic suit was developed by Panasonic subsidiary Activelink. Weighing just 13 pounds, the Assist Suit attaches to the back, thighs and feet of its wearer and helps them lift an additional 33 pounds. Panasonic says it’s best suited for people weighing between 110 and 176 pounds.

About time this tech is made available! That's all I got to say. What says ATS?

www.techspot.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
$8,000 just to be able to lift an additional 33 lbs? I'll pass.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It's not a kick in the ass off the exo-suit from advanced warfare.

snf

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Get to the gym, $8000 is like10year membership and you'll be healthier!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Exo suit-hover bike light sabre jousting......love it!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Psh, exo-suit, I'll wait for POWER ARMOR!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Its not much now but as the technology gets better so will the exoskeletons, be lifting cars over our heads in no time

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Only for people between 110 and 176 pounds? I guess they don't care about the American consumer

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Only for people between 110 and 176 pounds? I guess they don't care about the American consumer

I would have been out of luck about 10th grade...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Needs to be stronger and more streamline to the contours of the body look at metal gear solid and thats what they need to think about making in order to make it even remotly interesting to the public.

Think of something you could wear underneath your clothes and not be noticed by others. . . .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
$8,000 just to be able to lift an additional 33 lbs? I'll pass.

The future is here but no one said it would be cheap

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When I see John Deere or Caterpillar making one, I'll be in line.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

We've seen this in movies for years now so you know the tech has been developed for quite some time and is way more highly advanced than the crap they want to sell for $8k.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

We've seen this in movies for years now so you know the tech has been developed for quite some time and is way more highly advanced than the crap they want to sell for $8k.

Yes. I remember first seeing it in the movie "Aliens" in about 1988. It's not much now but it will get better once there is competition for making the same product.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Bilk22

Yes. I remember first seeing it in the movie "Aliens" in about 1988. It's not much now but it will get better once there is competition for making the same product.
You can be sure the military have it advanced as need be by now. We give movie creators way more credit than they deserve. The ideas come from real life situations that they've become privy to. I'd be willing to bet that some of those move receipts go to black ops projects. Check the movie "The Last Shot".

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Will do. Thx.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Get to the gym, $8000 is like10year membership and you'll be healthier!

I'll take the suit over a sore back for the rest of my retired life, thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

And how much for workers comp otherwise?

Idk either.

Would expect a bit more but could still be useful, the weight of the thing is low.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So while wearing this thing , would a 33pound weight feel like zero? Or maybe half its weight. Is that how it works?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join