It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tripod--the mystery cat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Some years ago, I lived in an attic apartment, it was, as you might imagine, small. Cozy, if you prefer.

One night I go off to work, little realizing that my life was about to change. Not a lot, but noticeably.

The next morning I got home and discovered a cat curled up in my nice comfortable, if somewhat raggedy, wingback chair.

I was surprised. He must have slipped in the night before when I left for work.

"Hello." I said. He kinda looked up at me, meowed, and curled back up. As this was a pet-free apt. I reluctantly, as I'm a big time cat boi, picked him up and tried to put him outside... Tried. Failed.

He reversed himself in a body length, and was back inside the apt. before I could react. He jumps back into my chair, plops himself down and just looks at me.

I've been adopted.

So, I go back out and buy some kitty litter and a box, some food and a little milk...and we sat down and got to know each other a little better.

He was a mostly black cat with witchy green eyes, and three adorable little stockings on his two front paws and one back paw, the other black.

Naturally enough, I called him Tripod.

For about two months, he ruled the roost. My chair? His. He deigned to share it with me sometimes.

One night, I was home on my night off, I heard him scratching at the door wanting out. Now this was odd, because he hadn't, not once, wanted out before in the two months he'd been living with me...

So I walk over to him, and ask him what the problem is... Obviously, I wasn't expecting an answer. I got one. He looked up at me with those witchy-poo green eyes and meowed a couple of times. Translation: It's time to go.

I opened the door, and he brushed up against my leg, and disappeared into the night. Never saw him again.

Legends speak of spirits in other guises sent to test man. I sometimes wonder if that's what Tripod was?

Or just a cat on a mission with places to go, who just needed a break for a while.

I've wondered, too, why did he pick my apt.? I think I know why...my neighbors at the time were not pet people. Maybe he knew I was the only one right there who'd take him in, after a, admittedly, rather weak attempt at removing him. I'm kinda glad I failed. My time with Tripod was a good time.

Now? Where ever I may be, there will always be room in the inn. A kindly spirit out in the dark sometimes needs a place to rest for a bit. I'll always have one.

I hope Tripod got where ever it was he was headed. I think he did.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks.

I needed that.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I love hearing stories about people being adopted by cats, but this one had a sad ending.
I hope he is ok wherever he may be.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Not sad, not really.

He had somewhere to be, and that wasn't with me. I like to think, actually that's not strong enough... I believe that he found whatever it was he was looking for.

I was a waystation, if you will. A place to take respite from the journey, at least for a little while. When he was ready, it was time to go.

Or...

Angels in other guises... A test maybe?

I don't claim to know. I missed him for a long time, and still do.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am not a cat person but they somehow have a way of forcing you to be anyways. My cat is always near me, I think she makes my wife jealous sometimes.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What a lovely thing to have happened.
When our cat died, we were distraught. My husband who worked from home at the time felt lonely and sad.
Cue - "Friendo" [that's what we called him].
Everyday when I went to work, he would come in and keep my husband company. The whole day. Then he would go back home, wherever that was.

Then we chose a rescue kitten to bring home but we had to wait for 2 weeks as she was too young. Friendo only came a few more times and only about a day or two before getting our new kitten, he walked out, never to be seen again.

Also when a fried of ours got divorced, he was in a dangerous depression. That guy wasn't an animal person but a cat turned up and stayed with him, cuddling, not leaving his side. He said she came at the right moment and probably saved his life. She is still with him.

Cats, eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We meet for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

Same applies to critters.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He may have shown up at my place.

For about 3 weeks now a black cat has been stalking around. Been leaving him out some food when I would see him, which wasn't often.

He showed up in the rain today and is curled up on my couch. Fed and dry

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Awwww, glad you are looking out for him.

new topics

top topics

join