It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 1599 Bans GMO labeling for any product involved in interstate commerce.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
H.R. 1599 sponsored by Rep. Mike Pompeo, KS-Republican was amended yesterday to include a banning the labeling of GMO's in the United States food supply!

I am not posting this to argue whether or not GMO's are safe or not, if you and your family feel safe eating them, I urge you to exercise your freedom and chow the hell down!

I read thru the bill and amendment added and I found the nugget I was looking for without forcing anyone else to punish themselves like I sometimes enjoy doing?

“(c) Prohibitions against mandatory labeling of food developed using bioengineering.—Except for claims under subsection (a)(1) or (b)(1) of section 425, no State or political subdivision of a State may directly or indirectly establish under any authority or continue in effect as to any food in interstate commerce any requirement for the labeling of a food by virtue of its having been developed using bioengineering, including any requirements for claims that a food is or contains an ingredient that was developed using bioengineering.”.

H.R. 1599

Oh well, it appears the country is going to hell in a hand basket anyways.............

I found the story Facebook Censoring Anti-GMO Speech, but considering the source and how this community squawks anytime anyone posts something from this source, I went to the actual document being discussed and found it.

edit on 17-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: added pic

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've felt for the last couple of years that it's pretty safe to assume that any food you purchase in a supermarket that isn't specifically labelled as non-GMO (and even some that are) contains GMOs in some form...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I hate how lawmakers sneak things like this into bills... especially something like this, that keeps states from labelling things as GMO. If there is nothing to hide, what difference does it make if a company's products are labelled as GMO products?
edit on 17pmFri, 17 Jul 2015 20:04:01 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: seeker1963

I hate how lawmakers sneak things like this into bills... especially something like this, that keeps states from labelling things as GMO. If there is nothing to hide, what difference does it make if a company's products are labelled as GMO products?

Lobbyist and Citizens United! Corporations are people?

No way in hell us little people will matter when those with the most money can buy the prostitutes who occupy Washington D.C..........

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Been following this and yes it's heavily corporate lobby supported.

Interstate Commerce ban on the labels? Unless you buy local non GMO food in your state you are affected.

Part of what it boils down to is they are worried that people will stray away from their big name brands like Kraft, etc. Upwards of 80 percent or more of soy, which is numerous grocery store foods, contains GMOs. They have the lobbies, they have the money, they have the politicians in their pockets.

Always found it funny the most cherish and named household name brands, are the worst for you-even minus GMO concerns-, despite everyone trusting them over others.

Sure you can be educated on what has GMO and not. It helps and thus why many non GMO company products use a Non GMO label.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If GMO isn`t bad for you then why would they care if it was labeled as GMO?
This seems like an admission that GMO is bad and labeling it as such would cause a lose of sales.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
If GMO isn`t bad for you then why would they care if it was labeled as GMO?
This seems like an admission that GMO is bad and labeling it as such would cause a lose of sales.

I haven't created a post in a long time but this one struck me as important!

Anyhow, a tip for anyone who wants it?

Monsanto is protesting the WHO's verdict that "Round Up" could be cancerous! Monsanto wants an "independent panel" to evaluate the findings, HIRED by a company that Monsanto paid to convene, WITH Monsanto supplying them with THEIR findings......*wink*

It's and easy story to find by Googling it. But if this is what SCIENCE has become? No wonder I won't take pills made by Big Pharm!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Depressing, With all the stink they are doing to get GMOs off the label it can mean only one thing. The GMOs are purposely being altered to increase the effect on people's consciousness so they can be easier controlled.

The devil would have you believe a lie. Most people have been blinded, strange that most Christians cannot see this.

Now doesn't that sound so crazy that it can't possibly be real.

edit on 17-7-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You have to love hypocracy of normally "States Rights" corporate interests - not anymore.

top topics

join