It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If people are going to ban flags, i'll make my own.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The snowball is gathering momentum people.

What started with the confederate flag being shunned is now spreading to other flags and it is spreading throughout facepalmbook and the twittersphere there are people calling for the end for other flags such as the union Jack.

So to highlight the absurd knee jerk reactions, I've decided to make my own flag. It took many minutes to create this so you can understand why it looks like a third grade art project.

I imagine that flag will rub someone the wrong way, but how does an inanimate object suddenly become a pariah? The flag did nothing wrong so why should the flag be punished for the actions of a few individuals? everybody associates the swastika with evil despite the fact that the swastika is prevalent in many cultures and it is far from evil.

If we are going to ban every iconic flag, logo or emoticon because it stepped on the toes of people who don't like what they see, then we may as well ban them all.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It's a matter of perception.

Some people look at the U.S.A. flag as a symbol of honor and freedom others view it as an oppressive symbol.

I think the only flag most people respect is the flag of the red cross or maybe the white flag which symbolizes surrender.

If I ever again view the flag you created I will recall a child throwing a temper tantrum.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What flag has been banned?
Must have missed something..

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
What flag has been banned?
Must have missed something..

The confederate flag has been removed from the courthouse or state capitol.

Not sure flags are being banned by the government just confederate flags by private websites and companies which is allowed.

edit on 17-7-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Shoot! If we're going to get banned for flags, then we might as well design a flag that richly earns all the burning and banning people can heap on it because it has every possible offensive thing known to man in there.

How about this one?

I think it has a certain something. Definitely full of bannable symbols.

I'm sure there are even crosses in there somewhere to comfort all you atheists that you jump right on board, and if not, I'm sure someone can find a way to add them.

edit on 17-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Atheists don't ban crosses. (i don't ban crosses.)

In my experience it has been the religious who ban or decide what is allowed.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Here you go

Do you want me to render in some flames?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

That's brilliant.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You're missing the upside down pentagram to symbolize satanism, you know that other thing people have been whining about

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Oh, now, they get mighty offended if they see a cross in what they consider the be the wrong place. So they work to remove it. That's banning in my book.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

You're missing the upside down pentagram to symbolize satanism, you know that other thing people have been whining about

There is a star behind the book with the assault rifle on it. It isn't currently inverted, but I'll bet someone could fix that while they add a cross somewhere.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Oh, now, they get mighty offended if they see a cross in what they consider the be the wrong place. So they work to remove it. That's banning in my book.

There is a thing called the Separation Of Church And State in which the government should not condone nor condemn a religion or its beliefs / members.

The constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Both the free exercise clause and the establishment clause place restrictions on the government concerning laws they pass or interfering with religion. No restrictions are placed on religions except perhaps that a religious denomination cannot become the state religion.

source: www.allabouthistory.org...
edit on 17-7-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The flag is not "banned" nor is it being punished, as you state. It was removed from the SC state capitol through the vote of the legislature. In other words, it was a CHOICE. That's how freedom works.

And ketsuko - Ooooh Atheists! They're so bad! Pffft! I don't give a crap about crosses or flags.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
The snowball is gathering momentum people.

What started with the confederate flag being shunned is now spreading to other flags and it is spreading throughout facepalmbook and the twittersphere there are people calling for the end for other flags such as the union Jack.

So to highlight the absurd knee jerk reactions, I've decided to make my own flag. It took many minutes to create this so you can understand why it looks like a third grade art project.

I imagine that flag will rub someone the wrong way, but how does an inanimate object suddenly become a pariah? The flag did nothing wrong so why should the flag be punished for the actions of a few individuals? everybody associates the swastika with evil despite the fact that the swastika is prevalent in many cultures and it is far from evil.

If we are going to ban every iconic flag, logo or emoticon because it stepped on the toes of people who don't like what they see, then we may as well ban them all.

It offends me because you misspelled 'Transparency'.
I will refuse to fly it over my compound.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Frankly the most offensive piece on that flag is the 'skins logo. Not because of the representation but because...well...RGIII...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Auuwww rainbow swastikas are fun!! Kinda just says have a good day ol chap. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Yes, I know WHY they rationalize it, but when it's on a memorial, it's on a memorial. Leave it be even if it IS on public land. You know?

top topics

join