It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did texas cops hang sandra bland in her cell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100

Cops are crazy scary. Im white..and even I get totally panicked with my kids in my car while pulling along side a cop..I just don't know what they are going to do...and I would never want to put my little children in danger. It seems like they blow their top so often at such menial things..it makes me scared of them.

Don't be so dramatic.

They blow their top when folks deliberately resist everything they're being told. If you're polite to a police officer, they'll be polite in return. If you act like an idiot, they will treat you like a threat because to them you are one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Police can have you exit the vehicle as a safety measure.

Drop the attitude, take the ticket to court and contest it. Getting in a big argument with the police in this case seems short sighted.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I agree with you as well, being courteous absolutely does go a long way. There are still instances where cops go against policy, sometimes the law and they need to be called out for that. I think it is perfectly healthy to be critical of bad policing, but that doesn't make someone a cop hater.

Case in point, a couple friends I know that are Ft. Worth cops agree that this cop should have just gave her the ticket and let her be on her way, even if she was being mouthy. That or if he was feeling flustered (especially given he was a rookie) they said standard procedure esp. in this current climate would be to call for backup and wait in his car for a second unit to show up, even if just as a CYA move...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Im not getting into the race thing as it just appears so stupid to me (why it is an issue for some, of whatever colour) but i would say that regarding this case, surely the Police can not have been that stupid to be complicit in her death.

At the end of the day, they are Law Enforcement officals and given what has happened recently in America, you can be absolutely sure they will have been bombarded will all sorts of missives and memo's and would therefore be completely aware of heightened awareness at the moment. Therefore you would have to be some of kind of very very special stupid to actually murder someone in custody.

That said, a pretty high level of stupidity already seems to have occured given the conflicting information and subsequent video regarding the initial traffic stop.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Therefore you would have to be some of kind of very very special stupid to actually murder someone in custody.

That said, a pretty high level of stupidity already seems to have occured given the conflicting information and subsequent video regarding the initial traffic stop.

Regardless of how one is to take the events surrounding the traffic stop, her subsequent death is going to be the salient point in the coming days and weeks:

(CNN)The investigation into the death of Sandra Bland is being treated like a murder investigation, a district attorney said Monday.

Police say they found the 28-year-old dead last week after she hanged herself with a plastic bag inside the Waller County Jail, where she was incarcerated after allegedly assaulting an officer during a July 10 traffic stop.

The Texas Rangers and the FBI are investigating her death.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Soon the shout will be "she was a outspoken representative of BLM. It was murder.."..oh no, we didn't have to wait long, they're shouting it now..
edit on AM3Wed20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

One has to wonder how a plastic bag wound up in the cell with her. She was no 'bag lady'.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Something that has not been discussed is - what if the way she was treated roughly contributed to her death, and officers staged the suicide to cover themselves? She told the arresting officer she was epileptic. If she had untreated injuries or the stress caused a seizure, she may have died in her cell. There is no knowing if the person doing the autopsy was involved in the cover-up.

I am supportive of law enforcement. They have a difficult job. But there are just way too many bad cops, and the environment creates too much CYA in their ranks. It seems the bad ones are starting to outnumber the good, and it is causing a huge issue of public mistrust. Police have too much power. Some no longer protect and serve.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It would be easier to say she died of an epiléptic attack than fake a suicide...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I'm sure it goes without saying but i would like to think that any death in custody is treated as a murder investigation.

On a slight side note, when gun cops discharge their weapons in the UK, they are effectively arrested and whole process is followed. If someone has died as a result of that discharge, the cop responsible is effectively investigated as murder suspect. You would like to think this roled out in any Police involved death, whether in custody or "out in the field".

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Guardián: AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN DIES IN CUSTODY.

Why not just WOMAN.....yet again race before anything else..

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Not if the attack or injuries were a result of rough treatment during her arrest.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

Perhaps because the police vs. blacks in city environments is an ongoing issue in America?

Can't say it hasn't been a trend lately.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Cops are crazy scary. Im white..and even I get totally panicked with my kids in my car while pulling along side a cop..I just don't know what they are going to do...and I would never want to put my little children in danger. It seems like they blow their top so often at such menial things..it makes me scared of them.

Agreed . I'm scared for you .....
and I live on the other side of the world !!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You know what makes me really angry?
That she was described as "combative", but that they couldn't say how she was "combative".

This perfectly shows the attitude of policing in America, and how the police expect you all to bow down and kiss their feet, and if you dare to even question their authority they believe they have the right to beat you into submission.

I keep saying this, but nothing is going to change in America until you have federally mandated psychological profiling of every officer serving the public, and start to take measures to ensure that they understand they have duty to protect every person they encounter.

Their job is to prevent crime, locate those suspected of crime, and deliver those people to the justice system.

Every single person encountering the police is innocent until proven guilty in a court.

There are no excuses here. Either they were negligent or they were criminal. Either way, everyone involved in the death of this woman needs to be investigated and held to account for their role in this.

No person being held by any police officer in the country should ever been injured in any way, and when that happens it should be deemed to be negligence at the very least.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

Because race is the core aspect of this story and others.
Have you been living under a rock for the past five years?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Im not getting into the race thing as it just appears so stupid to me (why it is an issue for some, of whatever colour) but i would say that regarding this case, surely the Police can not have been that stupid to be complicit in her death.

Yeah, they can be that stupid.

Haven't you seen the constant videos of police brutality coming out of the US every other week? These people are mentally deficient, they don't seem to be capable of stopping themselves from attacking people, even when they know there are cameras on them.

And lets not also forget that they usually have police unions trying to blackmail cities and states into not holding them accountable for their actions, they submit take-down requests to Google and YouTube, and they have plenty of local officials and senior officers ready to defend them at all cost, even before they're asked any questions about what they did.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Authorities in Texas said Wednesday that a technical glitch, not intentional editing, caused the irregularities in a 52-minute dashcam video of the traffic stop and arrest of Sandra Bland, who was found hanged in her jail cell three days later.

Tom Vinger, a spokesman for the Department of Public Safety, blamed a "technical issue during posting." He said that the department was working to correct the video.

Sandra Bland Death: Officials Say Glitch, Not Editing, Caused Video Irregularities

Ah, the ever present 'Technical Glitch.'

So nice to know that's all it was.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

If you've ever read any of my posts over the Last 19 years, you'll find out I don't live under a rock..what I was saying, yet again, is that to the press the race issue is always more predominant.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

They released the dash cam video. Allegedly it had some heavy edits done to it. Maybe someone can post it...can't at rhe moment.

Thing is, she was signing the WARNING no fine, not ticket with fine, and he starts with her about her cigarette. He was milliseconds from walking away. The he lies and says she kicked him.

They've lied and tried to cover this up six ways to Sunday akready, so there is no reason to believe anyrhing they say. Hes a lying sack, and, she was right, a pussy.

edit on 7/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join