It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did texas cops hang sandra bland in her cell?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a young woman of african descent returns to her college alma mater in texas to take a job. she is pulled over for not properly signaling. then slammed to the ground for "assaulting an officer". winds up dead from "self hanging " in a texas jail. and it just so happens that the sheriff had been fired from a previous police job for racist behaviors. what an amazing coincidence? and there is no security camera footage?

www.salon.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.dailykos.com...
racism

and then a video surfaces that does not support the police version of the traffic stop and official story. what the hell is going on?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

its bad news any time someone dies in custody.

regardless of criminal proceedings, expect her family to file civil suit.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

In what other corporation can you be fired for racism and rehired? I bet even Walmart has higher standards than that. I'm usually willing to wait for more evidence before making a judgement but... c'mon, this is so stupid and obvious.

Yet I would bet 10K that he doesn't spend a day in prison. I would bet almost that much that he even gets to keep working.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The officer/s very well should be investigated. They could have even intimidated her, etc., to drive her to to taking her own life, but family doesn't think that was likely. Sounds fishy on their part that she had access to something to use in the cell. And if her family doesn't see suicide as likely, maybe they really know something here that it wasn't suicide.

Hopefully a proper investigation can happen before it turns into another case where there's a lack of evidence, any evidence is not properly shared and anything incriminating is covered-up. Too bad a lot of these tragedies have transcripts and recorded video released so late.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
gree! how in hell can he still be able to have a job in law enforcement?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Bland was a vocal advocate for the Black Lives Matter movement and routinely spoke out against police brutality.

Twitter video link included in the Source.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
and now we have the dash cam video!

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
and now we have the dash cam video!

www.buzzfeed.com...

from your link, sounds like it makes the arrest more suspicious, as well as more likely to be suitably investigated:

Bland was found dead in a Waller County jail on Monday morning, three days after she was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer during a routine traffic stop in Prairie View.

The attorney for Bland’s family, Cannon Lambert, told a radio show Monday that the dashcam video of her arrest showed a Texas state trooper reaching into her car and trying to pull her out. Lambert told the Tom Joyner Morning Show that Bland did not strike the state trooper in the video footage that was shown to the family. Lambert said the two argued about Bland smoking in her car and the trooper tried to open her door as she attempted to record him with her cell phone. The video then showed the trooper pulling his taser out after which Bland complied and got out of her car, Lambert said.

An official from the Waller County Sheriff’s Office told BuzzFeed News her death “appears to be a suicide for now,” but her friends and family told ABC 7 they suspect foul play. The official said the autopsy report could “take several more days.”

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

what i do not understand is why this story is NOT getting the air time that many others of the same type has before it? here we have a woman with everything going for her, and yet she "suicides"? there is even a confirmed racist sheriff involved!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Dashcam?

A video shot by a bystander purportedly shows two officers restraining Bland on the ground during her arrest as she is heard yelling, “You just slammed my head into the ground.”

Saw this on the news yesterday.

improper lane change? The could pull over half the drivers in the state for that. Just a tactic to get to check someone out.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I wonder if we will get the see the actual dash cam video. Why does the FBI have to see it first? it is what it is. I guess every one in the hot seat needs to get their story straight.

The troopers work for the people of the state, on our dime.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
a reply to: Aleister

what i do not understand is why this story is NOT getting the air time that many others of the same type has before it? here we have a woman with everything going for her, and yet she "suicides"? there is even a confirmed racist sheriff involved!

The Federal agencies will eventually label this a hate crime and bring in a proper investigation unit. Then it will become front page....

Expect it to spread to other Texas counties as those involved in this murder rat out others affiliated with LEO targeting blacks.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Dashcam video has been released.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Looks like a decent trooper ran into a woman with a major attitude. Is that how people act at a stop in Chicago?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Judging by the dash cam she really didn't do herself any favors with the cop.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

the dash cam has been edited , we are not seeing the full story .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
"In the video, released by the Texas Department of Public Safety, the policeman is seen issuing a ticket and then asking her to stub out her cigarette, which she refuses.
When she refuses to step out of the car, he tries unsuccessfully to pull her out. He then appears to threaten her with a Taser and says the words: "I will light you up." "

(source article) www.bbc.co.uk...

1; he has no authority to stop her smoking.
2; a taser is supposed to be used in situations where the officer is at threat of danger. but it is now used as a 'compliance enhancer'. a cattle-prod, for all intents and purposes.
3; the video released by the police has been edited, by them.
4; nothing will happen to the officer(s) involved.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

totally agree..I heard the audio on the radio this morning..(we don't have television channels..so I only have radio/internet) From the audio I think she was totally correct and this turned into a tragic situation. I don't know why this cop thought she should do anything other than take his ticket and leave. Even if she mouthed him about the ticket..I mean my uncle has sworn at officers ten times worse than what she said..yet he is still here. I would have said exactly the same thing she did..and then added..just give me my ticket and I will be on my way..but you can't MAKE me do anything while Im inside my car..Just give my ticket and I'll be on my way..unless there is some other crime you are stopping me for!

Cops are crazy scary. Im white..and even I get totally panicked with my kids in my car while pulling along side a cop..I just don't know what they are going to do...and I would never want to put my little children in danger. It seems like they blow their top so often at such menial things..it makes me scared of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I agree with all of your points, except your final point. The Texas Rangers and FBI are investigating, and on the local news here in North Texas they are airing this and have had numerous legal experts on the morning news talking about possible assault charges of the officer involved in the stop. DPS (Dept. Public Safety) has also issued a statement that the officer broke numerous policies during the stop. They are very much investigating this, and the Texas Rangers really do not play around on these kind of things. The Lt. Gov. also said they are actively pursuing this investigation, but just don't want to "rush it".

The unfortunate thing is as far as her dying in jail, proving any wrong doing may be difficult, but I bet the family wins a civil suit at least, and I bet the officer involved in the stop faces serious consequences. Just giving my thoughts based on what I've seen here locally.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
How many of these incidents is it going to take for people to realize that acting like a prick to the police and resisting everything they say will not end well?

Of course, the cop bashers on ATS spin it as "you have to cower before the thug cops or they'll kill you!" but it's really as simple as being respectful and complying with the guy who has to be suspicious of every single person he confronts.

Every one of these over reported events has started with someone acting like an idiot and intentionally escalating the situation. As evidenced by the mindset of some on ATS, certain people hate cops so much that they only make things harder on themselves. A little politeness and mutual respect goes a long way, trust me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join