It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Is that a nice tower on Pluto or the artist conceived it.

solarsystem.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I remember Richard Hoagland was super excited to put together a live radio show as this Pluto event was happening. I heard he and George Noory talking about putting on for the 14th on Coast to Coast AM. Richard was sort of excitedly demanding George to push the show past its 4 hours because it was/is such an historic event. I remember hearing George yell at Hoagland live on the air "NO, you're going to mess the schedule up!" So when I heard nothing about this event on Coast and also noticed that Coast has a new "science adviser" I realized they canned Hoagland.

Turns out Art Bell came out of the woodwork and invited Hoagland to do a live six hour event on Dark Matter. And starting on the 20th, they will each have their own show: Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
oh we are such clever little monkeys, aren't we?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Um yeah, but wait until you see the bases on the moon that have been there for decades - and on Mars. And probably massive spaceships that can hold upwards of 5 million people.

Et cetera and so on...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I have no idea how far it goes...but yea...there seems to be a few layers of clandestine space travel happening.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chrisss

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

The "common" tax payer's are the one's hitting these sites in the millions, or at least thousands. Please don't pretend otherwise.

Man is about pushing boundaries. Trying to find out what's over that next horizon. It's no accident that the probe is named "New Horizons". 'cause that's exactly what this is. Pluto, and the outlying Kuiper belt objects are primordial. Left over from the formation of our solar system, our little corner of the Universe, if you will. God alone knows what we may find. Or what new insights will come of this and other planetary explorations.

This is glorious. If you're too tied up in the mundane to realize this, it's no ones fault but yours.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Can we not bring Hoaxland into this thread please?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

They said the lack of craters in this particular area indicates that it is less than 100 million years old. In other words, Pluto's surface is still active!

This opens up new doors .

Kap

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Or more ideas on doors cracked open years ago: geology formed from ice itself (IE ice volcanoes, etc).

I expect we're going to see a lot of really interesting ideas and theories put forth, along with hard data.

I also imagine that for the next year or two, we'll be seeing a new type of discussion here on ATS. Instead of Mars Rocks, it will be:

Pluto Ice!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
I can't believe people are bothering to respond to the obvious troll. Really, guys?

What is that supposed to mean?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You guys are right. Enjoy your pics and I'll just wait for Europe, or Asia, or some civilian organization to put some astronauts on another planet.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
3D rendering of the close-up image: photos.google.com...

That's some very craggy and tumbling terrain.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chrisss

Obviously, that would be the best way to do it. Certainly the coolest...

But until then?

These ships/probes are quite simply the best way to do it. ...and who knows, they may find something so shatteringly important, that manned voyages will regain the impetus lost after Apollo.

One can hope, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I bet he adds in just enough horse # into his narrative to sort of get away with all of his hyperdimensional physics fun he has had with the likes of Lt. Col. Tom Bearden and friends. I forgot about that part.

But yeah, I think he is pretty annoying in his overzealous approach to these subject matters. But I think it's probably because of his long history with all of it. Manic enthusiasm. I guess it's understandable, but he is walking the line with pushing on NASA.

The android shapes he sees on every planet is kind of disturbing to me...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A nice animation of Pluto observations over the years..

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 16/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
3D rendering of the close-up image: photos.google.com...

That's some very craggy and tumbling terrain.

Some good hiking and rock climbing to be had on Pluto, thanks for the link (packing my gear now).

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Now would be a good time for anybody with previous "predictions" about specific features on Pluto -- given to them by aliens or remote viewing or whatever -- to come forward and be vindicated.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So we flew by on the 14th and we only have two close up images?

One of Charon and the one of the section with ice mountains. Where are the rest? Oh I forgot three...the pixilated image of the other moon.

That's disappointing to say the least.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

One of Charon and the one of the section with ice mountains. Where are the rest? Oh I forgot three...the pixilated image of the other moon.

It's called "patience." The new files are very large and will take time to get here. That has been explained repeatedly.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Ahhhhhh, there's nothing like living in the "instant" world of today.

But, ya know, this just might be a little more complicated then clicking a button on your iPhone.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join