It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chrisss

Nah. What would be the point? You'd claim fake no matter what.
Right?

So guess what? No one will tell you, you'll have to find out for yourself. Good luck with that.

edit on 7/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nah. What would be the point? You'd claim fake no matter what.
Right?

So guess what? No one will tell you, you'll have to find out for yourself. Good luck with that.

Umm... If a trade route or some other industry opens on the moon or mars please say something. Otherwise you're just wasting time and money.

Photos of Pluto, really?
edit on 15-7-2015 by chrisss because: punctuation.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

After Pluto it's heading to the Kuiper Belt to explore a handful of planetoids there too..

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

After Pluto it's heading to the Kuiper Belt to explore a handful of planetoids there too..

Why? To satisfy the curiosity of a handful of people?
edit on 15-7-2015 by chrisss because: punctuation.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Because that is what interesting humans do. They push against the boundary of human knowledge and achievement, and drive the frontier outward in all directions.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You don' think that studying planets in the outer solar system which are key to understanding a lot of how all this came to be, isn't important?

Nor is going beyond our solar system to gather and analyze data from the rest of the universe?

Wasting time and money?!

Ha.

You realize that the space race is one of the big reasons we enjoy such wonderful and amazing technology today right?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The common taxpayer doesn't give a crap about some planet on the other edge of the galaxy, or solar system, or universe or wherever. Especially if it's so far away we'll never get there. The common taxpayer only cares about boots on the ground. I only care about boots on the ground.

Why create work for a few hundred scientists when you could use that time and money to create work for a few hundred million miners, carpenters, pilots, and engineers. And learned a little about space along the way.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Dude, NASA is given less than 0.5% of the US annual budget.

edit on 15/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Pluto is rather interesting, possibly being the largest dwarf planet in our system. She is composed of one third water in the form of ice which is more than 3 times as much water as in all the Earths oceans. Pluto sometimes has an atmosphere, during Pluto's elliptical when she is closer to the Sun her surface ice thaws and forms a thin atmosphere primarily of nitrogen with a little methane and carbon monoxide. Then you have the orbit which is eccentric and inclined, this takes her between 4.4 and 7.4 billion km from the Sun meaning Pluto is periodically closer to the Sun than Neptune. All in all she is a rather an interesting study if you ask me. Certainly worthy of the mission which will hopefully shed some more light regarding numerous aspects.

And how do you expect us to call you when we dont have your phone number?
LoL
edit on 15-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Is this Ted Cruz? Ted, please get off the posts and back onto the campaign trail, you have a lot of voters to miseducate.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

He's trolling. There is no way this particular persona has even a Parker Brothers understanding of money, taxes or wealth creation. Thousands of scientists equal millions of coal miners / carpenters / pilots and engineers? *snort*

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrisss
Whatever. Call me when we get to Mars. Or even just The moon.

Wow dude, i bow down to your coolness. Being unfazed and uncaring about this incredible achievment.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Bs the only ones who care not are too stupid to look up and wonder.
More should be spent on exploring the stars.i woulzd be happy giving more if it goong on space stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The common taxpayer doesn't give a crap about some planet on the other edge of the galaxy, or solar system, or universe or wherever.

10,000 felt strongly enough about the mission that they wrote to Capitol Hill when the mission was cancelled in 2000 , NASA subsequently restarted the mission.

New Horizons' immediate predecessor, the Pluto Express, got farther than most, but in the summer of 2000 NASA canceled mission. In response, The Planetary Society delivered over 10,000 letters addressed to senators and house representatives on Capitol Hill, demonstrating the public support for the mission. Subsequently, NASA continued the mission development, and selected New Horizons from among several competing proposals.
www.planetary.org...://www.google.co.uk/

The only way mankind will have a long term future is if we leave this planet , money spent today to secure that for tomorrow is an investment in our future not a waste.
If the space budget was as big as the defense budget we'd likely have colonies on the Moon and perhaps Mars by now.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The common taxpayer only cares about boots on the ground. I only care about boots on the ground.

And that's not a good thing.

Which is why we don't cater to the lowest common denominator in science.3

Why create work for a few hundred scientists when you could use that time and money to create work for a few hundred million miners, carpenters, pilots, and engineers. And learned a little about space along the way.

How do you propose they do that?

Hundred millions of jobs on NASA's budget?

NASA gets half a penny for every dollar in the budget. They spend a TRIVIAL amount in comparison to your 'boots on the ground' request.

And learned a little about space along the way.

Learning about space is one of the only reasons we have advanced so far already.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrisss
a reply to: tothetenthpower

This quote makes absolutely no sense at all, and on that note - just how much do you think scientists get paid in relation to "miners, carpenters, pilots and engineers".

I hope you read the link I am going to share with you. It details exactly how NASA and more specifically 'space exploration' has changed/benefited our lives, including yours.

chrisss, please click here to 'open your mind'
... and just encase you miss the link therein please also click here (you can thank me later)
edit on 15/7/15 by angryhulk because: The addition of another link

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CollisioN
a reply to: Chadwickus

I wonder.. why didn't they just out a probe on New Horizons to land on Pluto and study the surface or see it from the ground, it's not like they can go to this dwarf planet any time.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was because they didn't have enough money.
NASA's tiny yearly budget really frustrates me.
If they could get a few billion more (sounds like a lot, but it really isn't) it would make such a difference for missions that have to be scrapped or put on hold because they can't fund them.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
FYI, they didnt send a probe to land on Pluto because for it to be going slow enough to be slowed down and enter orbit, it would have taken 20 years to get there. So, they decided to sacrifice landiong and orbiting for 10 years of travel.

Fair enough really.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Pluto is periodically closer to the Sun than Neptune.

I like that. But does that mean Pluto would be easier to land on than Mars or Our moon? I can't believe that. Maybe Mars but our moon is right there. Maybe one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn. I guess I'll have to conceed to your learned astronomy for that answer.

I am a fan of space exploration (I remember that bird from planet X coming to fight Godzilla.) All I'm saying is that space travel is where the work is.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I can't believe people are bothering to respond to the obvious troll. Really, guys?
edit on 15-7-2015 by jaffo because: Spelling error.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join