It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Jewish teacher fixing up my grades, Jewish favouritism - end result

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Yes, I can attest to that.

The community I was raised had a very, very high population or Mormons.

One 4th of July when I was about 15 I was attending a festival at a community park. Our planned ride home had failed and I needed to call my parents. There weren't any pay phone around.

The Mormons always had their own little 4th of July thing going on across the street at the same time each year. I guess they just didn't want to mix with everyone else or something. Regardless, I knew about half the kids over there and decided I'd walk over and see if I could use the phone.

Some large man quickly came up to me and asked me what my business was. I explained that my ride home had fallen through and that my parents would be worried. I asked if I may please use a telephone to call them really quickly.

He said, "We don't have a phone you can use."

As he said that, I was looking behind him into the Mormon church. There was a pay phone in the double doors. The man also had a cell phone in a holster on his hip.

I said, "OK, sorry to bother you" and walked off. I'll never forget that encounter over 10 years ago.

It's experiences like that with any organized religion that leave a sour taste in my mouth. I've had similar things happen with Baptists, Presbyterians, Jehova's....you name it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I can understand that viewpoint. Arrogance is very difficult to deal with. I wonder, when coupled with exhibiting arrogance, if their are other internal emotions besides feeling superior that render the act of arrogance as a dominant trait? What do you think?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostAndFound2
I was senior in high school and will never forget my science class,

If I deserved grade B, I would get an A

If I deserved grade C, I got a B

My Jewish teacher who I have nothing against, he was ok teacher. Thought that I was Jewish because one time I was doodling Star of David in my notebook out of sheer boredom, that plus my German sounding last name, my teacher saw it and concluded I was Jewish.

I didn't mind the special treatment, it felt good to always get more than I deserved on tests and assignments.

But in this favouritism and non-assimilation lies the problem.

If you can only merry Jew
If you only hire Jews
If you only do business contract with Jewish owned business

Eventually others will start resenting you for it, same thing with blacks or Irish or Italians

Building barriers at some point leads to hate, it doesn't happen suddenly, it builds up over the years, even centuries.

This post tells me more about you than it does about Jews!

Jewish people assimilate more than most minorities as they can blend in better, unless they are ultra religious, which the vast majority of Jews are not! In some cases Jewish people live in fear because of the way the people around them react to them being different (not the other way around). Elvis Presley gives us a great example growing up in Tupelo and Memphis in the (ever so) tolerant South, where he was brought up never to discuss his Jewish heritage, because of bigotry!

How do you know your teacher wasn't gay and fancied you? Or maybe you underestimate how good your school work may have been? There could be many reasons as to why your teacher gave you these marks but let's make another thread about how bad Jews are???

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OmegaVice
a reply to: nOraKat

I can understand that viewpoint. Arrogance is very difficult to deal with. I wonder, when coupled with exhibiting arrogance, if their are other internal emotions besides feeling superior that render the act of arrogance as a dominant trait? What do you think?

I think you are trying to get someone else to say what you actually think and feel about Jews? Don't be shy spit out what you really want to say!
edit on 15/7/15 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

Your thoughts about my question are wrong. I asked a question about arrongance because I had never come across the viewpoint of arrogance being described as an "inferior trait".

I really find it highly unlikely that in large groups organized under external forces, such as a religion or a love of motorcycles, all of the members will share similar internal personality traits.

I am also open to new ideas and another person's views, so I ask questions so I can try to understand more clearly.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So what would that really bright Kid with the Dark complexion get as a grade from this teacher of yours.?

Im a brown Jew. So is Jeff Goldblum.

Its the name, not color.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join