It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55

Nintendo has announced that President Satoru Iwata passed away yesterday, July 11th, at the age of 55. The short statement attributes his untimely death to a bile duct growth, a rare form of cancer that is difficult to catch early on. Iwata recently missed this year’s E3 due to heath concerns relating to the growth, which he attempted to have surgically removed.

It's a sad day in the world of Video Gaming. President of Nintendo Satoru Iwata died today from a bile duct tumor. Iwata Satoru came to Nintendo in the early 1980's and became president of Nintendo in the early 2000's. He helped shape Nintendo and helped bring to life some of the most memorable games of our life times.

It's not been said who will succeed him as president of Nintendo. But what is known is that Satoru left some VERY big shoes to fill. I, for one, will miss his insight and pure genius that he brought to Nintendo.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

That is sad. I don't know much about him other than he truly wore his successes and failures well. Not many CEO's are like him, he was Nintendo. RIP.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

In all honesty. He probably also had an unseen pancreatic cancer as well. I get the sense with the very hard working culture. He most likely had it for some time. He may have passed it off as heartburn..... took some anti acids and forged on.

Got me many Nintendo consoles... ( blows into the cartridge and console ) player one ready...
Thanks for a great childhood!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Mr Iwata said of himself he had had the brain of a games developer and the heart of a gamer , today is a sad day for Nintendo and the gaming world as a whole.

Rest in peace Mr Iwata , from a fellow gamer.

edit on 13-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm an avid collector of all things Nintendo. I'll also never forget the Christmas of '89 when my father brought the NES home for us all. A lot of good memories involving Nintendo for me and I'm sure many others as well.

Mr. Iwata really did bring a lot of joy through his imagination.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I enjoyed those early games.
I lived across the street from him
for a time.
He cut down all the trees and built
a giant house with a plastic blue
tile roof.

I guess he won't be needing it now.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just an update for the thread:

Thousands attended a two-day funeral service for the late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in Kyoto, Japan this week, carrying umbrellas and even bringing Nintendo 3DSes to pay their respects.

Over 2,600 people showed up during the first day and some 1,500 came on the second, Nintendo said in a statement to the Wall Street Journal. Nintendo’s Genyo Takeda—who along with Shigeru Miyamoto is serving as interim co-director of the company—said in a eulogy that they would carry on what Iwata had started.

Thousands Attend Two-Day Funeral For Satoru Iwata

new topics

top topics

join