It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot fired by security guard at public meeting after his assault repelled by citizen (must see)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

I had a good chuckle at your first sentence. I can only imagine what this looks like to an outside observer.

The last bit I just have to say that I - for one - am not enraged. I am irritated. I know you we're replying to someone else, but I just wanted to let you know that my rage would be reserved for much more deserving things. ;-)
edit on 12-7-2015 by OrdoAdChao because: too many werds

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the man just walks up saying Nothing and Grabs the camra !
a real cop would not do that.
he had a right to defend him self.

a real cop would have emptied the gun into him.
and taken all videos as evidens.
never to be seen again.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow the apologist passive laydown and take it crowd are out in full force. Let's look at it this way...who has more responsibility in the situation the guy being calm sitting down who could have been spoken to or the guy who walks up with a gun not saying a word grabbing at personal property. He was more worried about the camera than removing the man. Very telling indeed.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would live to see the film from the camra on the left.

I bet he took Hold of the ID so he could filme it properly.
then his fingers would have brush't her cheast.
He Should have said sorry.
the good it would have done.

was the gaurd smerking who attack't him?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao
a reply to: NavyDoc

I don't know the guy and neither do you. If he didn't go peacefully, then, as you said, it would have given the guard a better case. Just because someone has a history of a behavior - which obviously if he has any history it is not criminal - it does not mean that breaching their own protocols of behavior is excusable.

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I agree, and I'd love to see the film from Skidmore's camera.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: FlyingFox

Look at the guy in the white t-shirt sitting middle of the wall... he doesnt flinch the entire video! He just sits there, real calm, real cool!

LOL

He could have acted to protect the emanate threat of the armed lunatic shooting up the place.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So what happens when you mix idiots with idiots.......You get this. The man started swinging at a cop......The cop way overreacted by shooting him.......Both of these guys are idiots and should face charges.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This is true, but I have to admit I laughed at his calmness contrasted with the guy in the yellow shirt diving under the table - which was a more than reasonable reaction to a gun being fired in his general direction. I haven't been in that exact situation as an adult, so, I can't say how I would have reacted.

Regardless, I had a good laugh when I noticed his nonchalance to the situation. What in the hell has that guy been through? Sometimes, I guess, you don't wanna know ;D.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Sremmos80

All over getting grabbed? 

Honest question for you:

What would you expect to happen to you if you walked into a public government meeting, went straight up to a cop, without saying a word and threw a cord around his neck and pulled on it?

I think the rental cop meant to lead Skidmore out like a dog on a leash....I really do.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OrdoAdChao
This is not standing up to tyranny, the pen is mightier then the sword.

No, not when due process is in the toilet, which is exactly what we see here.

It couldn't be more obvious.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I think what we are seeing in our country now is an attitude by security/cops that anyone disruptive or in disagreement is a criminal and must be dealt with severely.

Who in their reasonable mind pulls a gun in a public meeting over an unarmed person. I imagine this dangerous security guard will get an award.

Not just pulls a gun, he pulls and fires it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A head butt would have worked great.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
As for people who are stating the "activist" was "out of line" and demanding the agenda be followed don't really understand that there are laws, commonly called "Sunshine Act" or Law, which control how municipal government must conduct their business. It even contains provisions for interrupting meetings if a *perceived* violation is taking place, as well a nullifying business conducted improperly or at the wrong time! So, Skidmore was, in fact, on-point.

If someone truly (or not!) disrupts a meeting, or other public event, like a parade (really) the "proper" procedure is (usually a caution first) but to simply eject him from the meeting verbally and if he does not comply, the meeting is adjourned and he would be charged.

I've been kicked out of a dozen meetings, usually for little if any cause....really just participating in discussion like others, but then singled-out. However, once a year we have a double meeting, the first being a budget meeting, where I was particularly mouthy (fire company had stolen $80k + $20k in fake loans). So, I was ejected and people thought, as usual, that was it for the night. No, lol....I stomped back in 2 minutes after the second "regular" meeting started! People looked like they saw a ghost.

ATS would have been proud of me. I told you, I have stories.

edit on 12-7-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: NavyDoc

The 1st amendment protects the right of the people from the government "infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances."

From the video, he had the camera to expose the meeting as p representative of a free press.
From the video, up to the point of the security guards approach, he was peaceably assembled and petitioning the government for redress of his grievances.

So, how, again, does this not apply here???

This is what I'm talking about, a twist on argumentum ad ignorantiam.

No he wasn't. He was being argumentative and disruptive at a meeting. There was no petitioning. He was not being peaceable. Heck, he said himself that they were not talking about stuff he wanted to talk about and that they had to go by his agenda and he proceeded to talk over everybody.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
He's not guilty of anything, very simply, he was assulted and defended himself. No more and no less. I think the security guard / cop is guilty of assault and subsequently attempted murder.

I am a close student of the law and I don't see how they will get away with this.

On a side note, that guy has balls of steel for punching the attacker who clearly has a side arm. In my opinion, he is a hero and I wish more Americans were just like him.
edit on 12-7-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm so gald I don't live in the states..*touch wood* We don't have to deal with this authoritarian crap here in the UK.

Even if someone was mouthing off at authority and overstepping their boundaries it is dealt with in a much more dignified manner.. CS gas spray and a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well, being this occurred in america, we are created equal; at least that's what is taught. That person putting his hands invading the space of another person in an unwanted manner deserves to get what he got. It's self defense. A title, certificate, or badge doesn't make one superior to another. Hence, the declaration of Independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Ultimately, the people have more power than any elected official or appointed security guards. Then again those documents will be construed as outdated and not pertinent, but we all know y'all just shilling. If it was me, I would've shot them and anyone else trying to injure my person. Stand your ground; castle doctrine. Man up ladies. Also, a jury trial will acquit this man of all charges.
edit on 12-7-2015 by qwerty12345 because: 9/11 benghazi

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

Yeah we're used to it. If you missed the last 14 years we are a pretty aggressive people .

(Jk)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Interesting situation here, I think it will be shown for the futur police officer to learn.

1- Skidmore is disrupting the meeting and knows what he's doing. Nothing illegal here.

2 Skidmore push his luck a bit too far and goes to the clerk? laptop and you see she is scrared by the man and push herself aside quite a bit. Nothing illegal here but he's being more disrupting.

3- Now the leader of the meeting should have said to Skidmore to behave correctly or being expelled. Didn't happen. I think it's not the first time he's being expelled and known for being disruptive but in anyway, he should have been told.

4- Now entering the 'cavalry'. The point of Skidmore not knowing they're security is wrong. He says 'that security has no ID' so he knows they are security. Get me here, he has the right to know who he is dealing with if he wants (and will) press charge but they have identifying badges and guns so Skidmore KNOWS they are security.

5- Now first security staff miss 2 thing's: explain why he's here: expel Skidmore and give him a chance to walk out by himself. No need to rush the situation here.

6- First security staff grab the camera: shouldn't, just lightly put you hand on shoulder and ask to leave would be enough. Skidmore has history here? I really can't say.

7- Skidmore attack, plain and simple, and you see the first punch being thrown at a guy that clearly did not see it coming. No way. He was not prepared for this. The level of response Skidmore apply is way out of the chart, and he didn't verbalise anything either. He kinda blow up.

8- The first security staff loose it. He react out of fear. There is a partner close to him. No need to go for the gun now in my opinion. Escalition is too fast for the level of threat. Skidmore will get away with his second attack as the security guy was going for his gun. And look how the first security staff react after the shots, he even takes time to replace his watch while his collegue fight on the floor: he's not there anymore; he's shocked. He still touch his gun while Wrestling goes on the floor: he clearly doesn't know what to do anymore: too much for him. Seen this before, it's like a breaker just tripped in his head.

9- Rest of video is ok to me fpr the second security staff member. Just put in your mind he was nearly shot too. Adrenaline to the roof for everybody plus Skidmore actually bit him...

So idiot meets incompetent for me. Happy no one got shot. The first security guy should change job: he's not fit for this anymore.

Who'll get charged? Time will tell. My best bet would go for 'nobody gets anything in the end' but I don't know US Justice enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join