It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taken: the mini series from 2002. ever hear of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
it sounds awesome and i have never heard of it.
i dont understand how it slipped past my radar.

anyone see this?

www.imdb.com...

Taken spans five decades and four generations, centering on three families: the Keys, Crawfords, and Clarkes. World War II veteran Russell Keys is plagued by nightmares of his abduction by aliens during the war; the Roswell incident transforms Owen Crawford from ambitious Air Force captain to evil shadow government conspirator; the unhappily married Sally Clarke is impregnated by an alien visitor. As the decades go by, the heirs of each are affected by the machinations of the aliens, culminating with the birth of Allie Keys, who is the final product of the aliens' experimentation and holds the key to their future.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly
Yeah, I saw it and it seemed to drag on. It only livened up in the last couple of episodes.
But as usual as myself and my friends say, what can be boring for one can be exciting for another. If you get a chance to see it try a few episodes first and see if it captures your imagination.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
IIRC, the series introduced Dakota Fanning.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
IIRC, the series introduced Dakota Fanning.

i remember from before 02
i am sam
trapped

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It was great,I remember it well.
Lots of project bluebook related topics.
I saw a few episodes again last year,and it has aged pretty badly in terms of CGI,although the story is still a good one.
If I remember correctly,it spans a few decades from the roswell crash era up to the 80's or so.

Worth a watch,just don't expect much from the cgi.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I remember it...it was hyped because Spielberg was tied to it, it fell off the radar after that, It didn't live up to the hype.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yep remembered it being broadcast very well, with a young Dakota Fanning. Aliens and time travel if I remember proper ATS stuff, can't recall the plot but I remember looking forward to it every week. Will make an effort to see it again myself.

S&F for the memories!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I watched the first few and then last few episodes. Like someone else said it dragged in the middle. It's kind of like the Event tv series, that could have been something incredible, something about disclosure aliens crash landing in roswell etc. not the over the top dramatic political stuff that we got.

Man, when channels try to get the Scifi alien deal going they rarely come up gold.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not a bad mini-series. If you like it, you might also like Spielberg's latest offering. "Falling Skies". It's the Walking dead with aliens.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Taken was good
, but for me this following series was better:

Dark Skies

But sadly:

The series was cancelled before the end of the first season, due to low ratings. Although the last episode produced provides some form of closure for the series, with Kim Sayers becoming possessed by the Hive and the head of Majestic 12 being apparently assassinated, the show's creators had originally hoped to create five seasons, as indicated by the show's "Bible" or major planning document.According to Zabel and Friedman's original plan, the pilot and first season (given the overall title "Official Denial") would cover the period from 1961 to 1969, the second season ("Progenitor") 1970 to 1976, the third season ("Cloak of Fear") 1977 to 1986, the fourth season ("New World Order") would cover 1987 to 1999, and the fifth and final season ("Stroke of Midnight") would break from the decade-spanning format to encompass the apocalyptic final conflict against the invaders, taking place from 2000 to 2001.
Link

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I actually liked it. Never got to see more than a few episodes though. Can't remember why, but likely because something else came on during the timeslot, and though I DVR a lot, I have such limited time to watch TV these days, that I likely never got to it.

Basically, I have about 3 hours each day where I can watch TV (usually at night while eating dinner, and just after). But, I don't get home from work until about 7pm.

(Yeah, Dark Skies was better......)
edit on 13-7-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Taken was good
, but for me this following series was better:

Dark Skies

But sadly:

The series was cancelled before the end of the first season, due to low ratings. Although the last episode produced provides some form of closure for the series, with Kim Sayers becoming possessed by the Hive and the head of Majestic 12 being apparently assassinated, the show's creators had originally hoped to create five seasons, as indicated by the show's "Bible" or major planning document.According to Zabel and Friedman's original plan, the pilot and first season (given the overall title "Official Denial") would cover the period from 1961 to 1969, the second season ("Progenitor") 1970 to 1976, the third season ("Cloak of Fear") 1977 to 1986, the fourth season ("New World Order") would cover 1987 to 1999, and the fifth and final season ("Stroke of Midnight") would break from the decade-spanning format to encompass the apocalyptic final conflict against the invaders, taking place from 2000 to 2001.
Link

Ah,thats the one I was talking about.
I got it mixed up with Taken.
Apologies OP.

new topics

top topics

join