It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thought That Counts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Ah. I see your point. I agree.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The magnitude of positive intentions you place into an act produces the celestial reward--seeing the results of the act itself is simply the cherry sitting atop that cosmic cake.

Sorry delusional thinking. Or an excuse to not actually have to lend a hand.

I have become aware of this recently. My mom suffered a stroke earlier this year.

An experimental curcumin product called CNB-001 has been proven to repair brain tissue at the molecular level after a stroke. Some already available commercial curcumin products such as Theracurmin and LongVida are able to cross the blood-brain barrier, so you might want to do some research on them. While technically they aren't prescription drugs, it's recommended to talk with your doctor about them.
edit on 9-7-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thanks...but the whole idea is I don't do things for the "thanks"...but because for me...its the right thing(s) to do.

Best

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's the best way to do it!

But I'll still ruin your plans and say thanks again!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Do deeds with hope and Faith they help others.
If these deeds do not generate the helpful outcomes do not feel bad for at least you put forth effort and tried...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

but really I muse, not one of them has offered to come over and actually lend a hand. The burden of responsibility for her care, doctor appointments, house chores, shopping, cooking, cleaning, maintenance, is on my shoulders, but her church friends just pray.
a reply to: intrptr

Like the OP suggest, intention matters and those good people are intending to help your MOM. Perhaps her "church friends" realize that those hardships are part of your Mom's journey and yours, as well. I would imagine that some of those people might believe, as I do, that they want to do as much as they can without interfering.
You just might have something to learn from your current obligations as well. JMO. Although, I too am unable to relieve you of your struggle, I will tell our CREATOR that I am concerned about you and your MOM, sorry. Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

On the contrary, the philosophy I espoused above would have those individuals attempting to lend a hand regardless of whether they thought their deeds would succeed.

I'm a huge believer in manifesting the act into reality--I just don't allow myself to fixate upon the final result. (In other words, if I try doing something nice that backfires, I don't get too worked up about it, and it doesn't stop me from constantly trying again).

So yeah, I'd preach that all those people should've been lending a hand from the beginning. And if that worked out badly for them for whatever reason, they should still try-try again.

Hope that clarifies!

Yah okay sorry, I see your point. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry, I should have read through your entire post before responding.

I been under duress of late.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I would imagine that some of those people might believe, as I do, that they want to do as much as they can without interfering.

Maybe, except none of them actually offered, except one or two offered to come over and pray. I appreciate what else you said, donk, I get the lifes journey thing. Would be nice to get a break from 100% duty though. My family is all the same way. They don't actually help much. Lat time I asked my brother, he said, "I have armies of people praying".

Thats what I meant by using prayer as an excuse, in my experience, of late.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Hey, no worries--and I honestly hope things get better for you soon!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Would be nice to get a break from 100% duty though.

I understand, I would pitch in if possible and I hope more physical help comes to your aid. What you could try, if your duties become overwhelming, is to change their meaning with your intention. Every time your recognize a burden or monotonous activity, change the meaning of the activity by thinking something like, "Every moment I help my Mother may the lives of all those who suffer be blessed and filled with compassion as I am now." It seems like it would be difficult to do, but it isn't. LOVE

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yosako

The magnitude of positive intentions you place into an act produces the celestial reward--seeing the results of the act itself is simply the cherry sitting atop that cosmic cake.

I have become aware of this recently. My mom suffered a stroke earlier this year.

An experimental curcumin product called CNB-001 has been proven to repair brain tissue at the molecular level after a stroke. Some already available commercial curcumin products such as Theracurmin and LongVida are able to cross the blood-brain barrier, so you might want to do some research on them. While technically they aren't prescription drugs, it's recommended to talk with your doctor about them.

Thank you for that suggestion. I will check it out. Thing is a stroke leaves the affected portions of the brain without blood oxygen and, if long enough, those portions die. They are not repairable. The brain does try to work around the damage, re routing the neurons, circumventing the damaged area.

She is experiencing a return of feeling in her face and hearing, they say that will increase until it reaches a plateau. She was lucky, most stroke victims suffer more from broader symptoms.

The stroke was caused by clots due to irregular heart beat or "Atrial Fibrillaton". She is undergoing surgical ablations for this, also adding to her over all anxiety and misery.

Its a busy work load, handing everything.

Once in a while I muse that all the prayer will float her heart to heaven, be repaired and returned to her chest. Is that blasphemous?

Well, maybee, but doing all the chores and all the care giving is tough. Answering a lot of damn fool email and phone calls to people that demand updates is as useless to me as tits on a mule.

They know where she lives, they could come over and offer to help do anything and I would drop dead of gratitude. Isn't that what church is all about, caring for others?

Mmm hmm.

Sorry for off topic, not directed at you, rant over…

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Keep the off-topic coming, if you want.

You've got our prayers, too--FWIW.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Thanks, I'm a lot healthier these days, Sometime ago I quit smoking and doing drugs, I changed from a care taker to a care giver, thats my lot. I have accepted it, and I don't have to like it. But since I don't do what I usually used to during stress I figure this is making me grow, too.

Wonderful to get second chances. Now I think I'll go do something menial for no thanks at all.

lulz. Thanks for all the kind support and again, sorry for off topic.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yosako

Thank you for that suggestion. I will check it out. Thing is a stroke leaves the affected portions of the brain without blood oxygen and, if long enough, those portions die. They are not repairable. The brain does try to work around the damage, re routing the neurons, circumventing the damaged area.

She is experiencing a return of feeling in her face and hearing, they say that will increase until it reaches a plateau. She was lucky, most stroke victims suffer more from broader symptoms.

The stroke was caused by clots due to irregular heart beat or "Atrial Fibrillaton". She is undergoing surgical ablations for this, also adding to her over all anxiety and misery.

Its a busy work load, handing everything.

Once in a while I muse that all the prayer will float her heart to heaven, be repaired and returned to her chest. Is that blasphemous?

Well, maybee, but doing all the chores and all the care giving is tough. Answering a lot of damn fool email and phone calls to people that demand updates is as useless to me as tits on a mule.

They know where she lives, they could come over and offer to help do anything and I would drop dead of gratitude. Isn't that what church is all about, caring for others?

Mmm hmm.

Sorry for off topic, not directed at you, rant over…

It seems as if nowadays that people are more concentrated on the "me" part. The world is all about me. It is about texting , calling , offering prayers and well-wishes as this takes up less of their "precious' time . Take a minute ,and smell the roses per se. Put down the phone and actually visit friends and/or family some. Take time to help someone ,not just pass it by because you "think" you dont have time or think the worst of people.
I have a neighbor basically whose entire bodily functions are failing. I dont really know this person, but I have even gotten out of bed to assist when I was recovering at home from surgery.Also , there is a neighbor across the way that has MS. I also assist and will go to stores to pick up items he is in need of and watch out for in case of accidents or otherwise. I go to the store for him under the pretense I was already going to that same store , anyway.
These sort of things just make me a better , happier person . I never ask for money and will decline if offered . I dont expect even thanks. I do it for me as well as the other people....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I guess what I was saying was , yes prayer and well-wishing is good. But there also should be a "Is there anything I can help you with , anything you need ?" That really makes the other person feel better. Too many times a person that falls on hardships are afraid or ashamed to ask. Therefore YOU must be the one to put that question to them...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Your post reminded me of this, while your situation isn`t a laughing matter, this guy hits the point.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

Your post reminded me of this, while your situation isn`t a laughing matter, this guy hits the point.

Funny clip for sure.

But sometimes when the situation is serious enough, you know for certainty that making the sandwich will have a 0% probability of helping the issue. For instance, people suffering from advanced cancer don't need sandwiches--they need miracles.

In that case, offering the prayer might be the better bet.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Exactly. That was funnier than s*** .

All that prayer doesn't do diddly to actually help. Oh sure, its a feel good to some, and an excuse to others.

Pray for rain, pray for world peace, but help others if only the slightest thing.

When I see a person that can use it on the street, I stop and give them a few bucks. It isn't going to fix them or their plight, just make their day that little bit easier.

I could just say bless you, too. But that doesn't buy a cup of coffee.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

All that prayer doesn't do diddly to actually help. Oh sure, its a feel good to some, and an excuse to others.

I dunno, I tend believe that positive energy directed towards an individual will elicit a positive effect.

After all, kind words are another form of positive energy, and with them I can easily lighten someone's day.

Perhaps it's possible to accomplish the same with directed intention alone. Who knows? We're only scratching the surface of the nature of reality, so it's entirely possible that through psychic intentions we can positively (or adversely) affect individuals within this level of existence.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Lovely OP.

Intention matters. Effort counts.

Intention is the crux of all manifestation. The degree of action (mental, emotional, and physical) is akin to meeting the universe half way. It allows for it all to arise.

I agree that not having any attachments towards the outcome does not negate the intention from being fulfilled. It just alters the illusory perception of success and failure. For instance:

If one's intention is to shoot an arrow and hit bull'e eye and they fail to do so (hit the mark), what part of the intention was not fulfilled?

After all, the arrow was aimed and released (intention acted out) despite the goal (attachment towards the end result) of hitting bull's eye was not fulfilled...

Effort counts, but it is not the ultimate form of measurement....

Just get up each day and try your best. Go forth and show the world what you're worth.

Now, that is a wonderful scale to weigh our personal values and currency of life with. To do so is to aim your arrow with success despite the outcome.

Intention is always fulfilled despite outcomes when detachment becomes part of our conscious awareness. Those that hold attachments often confuse success with failure and vice verse.

Again, great OP. Thank you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join