It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Idiots Strike Again, Cross Removed from Chapel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
No one is forcing religion down YOUR throat, just stop taking it out of mine. Freedom of Religion not Freedom FROM religion. Again the issue is the tyrany of the single "hurt" individual telling all others how to live.

And freedom of religion would dictate that a public place, especially somethign like a prayer room in a hospital, not have the religious icons of one religion or another in it, regardless of whether or not its the icon of the majority.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Funny and I was under the impression that idolatry was a sin in the Christian religion. Yet all this fuss being made by christians about being allowed to worship a graven image.

Sometimes I think they dont even read their own bibles...

Then you wonder why people "hate" your religion when you proudly display such hypocritical behaviour.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Funny and I was under the impression that idolatry was a sin in the Christian religion. Yet all this fuss being made by christians about being allowed to worship a graven image.

Ouch..good point, so perhaps we should replace it with a golden cow?

Just kidding!!!

*ducks from the thrown objects..*

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And freedom of religion would dictate that a public place, especially somethign like a prayer room in a hospital, not have the religious icons of one religion or another in it, regardless of whether or not its the icon of the majority.

youre wrong, youre view is twisting the 1st amendment to deny christians rights, you and others who try to push that belief are destroying the constitution and our country, i'll say this, this can only go on for so long before christians get tired of being pushed around and respond in kind, really 80% of the population is being oppressed more and more by your kind, before we know it you'll ban people from wearing anything reffering to christ.

this is a christian country and always was, respect that fact and ignore what you dont like and stop trying to turn the country into a secular nation, it isnt one, thats the whole point of freedom of religion, to prevent all this crap people like you are trying to do.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

where does that say what you claim? it says no laws are allowed which are against a religion or anything related to that religion(symbols, prayer, etc), opposite of what you said, why cant people read, i mean its pretty clear what it means. yet they persist on thinking the opposite.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman

youre wrong, graven image means a sculpture or statue of another person, get a dictionary because it'll tell you that, "To sculpt or carve; engrave."

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If a "Christian" worships a cross then you're right...but I don't know of any who do. The crosses I wear are for advertisement and to open conversation. I don't need them since I feel constantly connected like a cable modem.

Sometimes I think they dont even read their own bibles...

I read mine. I have it with me if you'd like me to look up anything.

Then you wonder why people "hate" your religion when you proudly display such hypocritical behaviour.

I agree there are some "Christians" who are hypocrites, but I think on the whole the picture looks different.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

youre wrong, graven image means a sculpture or statue of another person, get a dictionary because it'll tell you that, "To sculpt or carve; engrave."

Doesn't matter....your not to adorn yourself either with crosses and such....and I believe Christians aren't to use things like crosses and such....The direct adoration or worship of crosses is plainly forbidden by the christian scriptures, in the first and second commandments, which prohibit worshipping anyone or anything besides the "Lord". Correct me if I'm wrong here....

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
When will these PC morons get a brain?

Better yet, when will they # off.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Just to be clear here. I am an atheist, why would a cross bother me?

So if one was a muslim and had someone dear to them in the hospital and you wanted to pray, you should have to go to a christian church? Or a baptist, if they wanted to go to pray somewhere quite in the hospital, should have to sit under the crossed swords of the sihks?

Its a public space, and literally its funded by public tax dollars. Why put only a cross in there? No one that goes there should have to feel like its not intended for them, or that they are in someone elses place. If a muslim was kneeling on the floor and praying and standing, and then other christians walked in, would they then be allowed to tell him to stop, would they have some sort of 'right' to the space that he doesn't? The cross makes it a christian space, not a nondenominational one, which is what its supposed to be.

God is Supposedly everywhere correct?
And a God does not need a ROOM to serve as a transmitter of prayers, right?
Get a rug, point to mecca, do your thing.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
comment deleted

[edit on 12/28/2004 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

this is a christian country and always was, respect that fact and ignore what you dont like and stop trying to turn the country into a secular nation, it isnt one, thats the whole point of freedom of religion, to prevent all this crap people like you are trying to do.

Ummm...excuse me but I was under the impression that the United States was a Republic, Which means we are a nation governed by laws. We are not a Theocracy so religion has nothing to do with the basis for our government. We are not a democracy so if one person wants to thwart the will of the other 99 he can, quite effectively I might add. It seems to have turned out pretty good so far since were the most powerful nation on earth, everyone is flooding across our borders cause they either live in a theocracy or democracy and hate it.

Political power in the hands of religion has always led to tyranny. Political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

As long as the christian majority deny people of other faiths the simple respect they ask for they will be hated, and rightfully so.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join