It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Idiots Strike Again, Cross Removed from Chapel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Kidding...kidding...please don't kill me. I love you all.

Peace & God Bless.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just take the damn cross down

God/Allah/Yahweh/Buddha will be listening whether there is a symbol in that place or not.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee

God/Allah/Yahweh/Buddha will be listening whether there is a symbol in that place or not.

Isn't that the truth of the whole matter!! You hit the nail right on the head with that one sentence!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Just take the damn cross down

Oh do I so agree. As long as you worship the idols and symbols of your belief you will never find solace from your creator.

You my friend, are brilliant.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
I am sick an tired of this tyrany of the minority. America is 80% approx Christian. Soon they will want to take St. out of St. Paul. It is a Chapel not a Mosque or Synagoge. Go stand in the snow........

Oh I see, you're just using this incident as an excuse to complain about a larger issue. Tyranny of the minority my arse. This isn't a case of political correctness gone wild. It's a freaking non-denominational chapel. Not a christan chapel. It's somewhere that people of all faiths can go to pray to the imaginary deity of their choice.

Regarding the larger issue....
Now I know some people are trying their best to "religionize" this country, but people have the right to not have one religion shoved down their throats... This is just like the bitching about nativity scenes being taken down and Christmas having the Jesus taken out of it. Despite the fact that he wasn't even born on Dec. 25...

Just get used to the fact that there are people with differing in this country and people that don't want to see all that crap. Is it too much to ask that you keep it to youselves?

PS- By the way, it's become PC to hate PC. So all the people who rebel against political correctness are just being PC in a different...Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Isn't that the truth of the whole matter!! You hit the nail right on the head with that one sentence!

Or right in the hands and feet, as the case may be.

Personally I think a non-denominational chapel should either have every religion's symbols represented or none. If this were a presbateryan(sic) hospital, it would be OK to have a cross.

When I was in High School, I had a teacher suggest that there should be prayer in school. I told him that if there were prayer in school, it would have to be a moment of silence so everybody could pray to whatever, however they wanted. Then I told him his class room would get pretty messy from all the blood coming outta the chickens neck I was gonna decapitate every day in the name of The Beast. He never mentioned prayer in school around me after that day.

Christians are a very hypocritical bunch. They get up in arms when their faith is questioned or suppressed but, they do it to other groups on a daily basis. All in the name of God. Their God. The christian God. The only true God. Christians love everybody, regardless of creed or color, as long as their christian.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Ok, I am sick of all these do gooder christians kicking up a stink when one of their precious little crosses gets removed from a building. Let's get all this discrimmination and stupidity over and done with. I would like to start up a petition right now.

a) From this day forth, remove "church", "chapel", "mosque" and "monastery" from the dictionary

b) Change the name of ALL religious buildings to "general purpose meeting area for like minded persons". Heck, let's not stop there. From this day forth, ALL buildings shall be referred to as "general purpose meeting places for like minded living or non-living beings who may or may not partake in the swapping of goods".

c) Prisons shall now be called "recovery areas"

d) Laws shall be thrown out the window. From now, there will only be suggestions.

e) Warnings placed on ALL glasses warning us that this glass contains glass.

f) Blow the entire eastern world off the map, because we ALLLL know everything is their fault anyway, those evil non-christian type people. (anyone got a PC term for the christian god?).

g) Warnings on all food that it may give you cancer, make you fat, make you vomit, have the runs, get constipated, give you an allergic reaction, has been genetically modified, has NOT been genetically modified, is home grown, foriegn owned, organic, may contain small parts to choke on, may cause you to bite your tongue, may rot teeth, cause flatulence, is hot, is cold, may contains nuts, fruit, vegies, organic matter or non-organic matter, may offend some viewers, contains sex scenes, drugs, violence, adult themes, smurfs, little japanese men dressed up in weirdo costumes that seem to only get MORE disturbing the more you've had to drink / smoke / whatever and has been tested on animals...or plants....or dirt....and lots of other stuff.

h) Everyone shall have their eyes plucked out, because it would not be correct for force people who enjoy the warmth of the sun to not show off some flesh, and it would not be fair to force those who don't like exposing themselves to wear more revealing clothes, so the only solution is that no-one gets to see anything...same goes for ears. Get rid of em, they only cause further un-necessary friction between ethnic groups.

h) Once we've done all that, blow ourselves up because a species that stupid doesn't deserve to live

I'm sorry, stupid was not a nice word, I should have used "intellectually undergifted", and I should state that when I said we should blow ouselves up, I in no way suggested that intellectually undergifted beings are of any less worth than those who are gifted, not that you can put any worth on a living or non-living being....and we should only blow ourselves up as long as it doesn't pollute the galaxy or disturb the aliens with all the noise, what with a planet exploding and all.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Those of you who have missed the boat here I do pitty you all. Tyrany of the minority was the point. Too many times this society is bowing down to a single voice decrying hurt "feelings" over something. Such lunacy will lead to complete chaos. This is no different than 99 out of 100 votes for something (anything) yet that single vote sues the other 99 and the judge voids the whole election. Individual rights DO NOT outweigh the majority.

The chapel was changed out of FEAR of a lawsuite, nothing else. The cross isn't the issue. The reason for the change is the issue.

How soon will it be that hindu's are offened by McDonalds serving "beef" hamburgers? Or some is offended by RED cars. Don't laugh these are REAL issues at the moment.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
DrHoracid I so agree with you. America is just going down the toilet. If we get rid of religion we're no better then a dictatorship. Its like the soviet union wanted every1 to b atheist so they wouldnt rise up. Who is going to be America`s dictater?

Schwarzenegger in '06!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
DrHoracid I so agree with you. America is just going down the toilet. If we get rid of religion we're no better then a dictatorship. Its like the soviet union wanted every1 to b atheist so they wouldnt rise up. Who is going to be America`s dictater?

Schwarzenegger in '06!

If you force a religion down everyones throat, it is no better than a dictatorship either. Besides, it isn't the Athiests who would dislike having to pray infront of a cross. It is the other religions.
All this isn't to remove all religions. It is the opposite. It is to allow equal footing to all religions.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Originally posted by Croat56

Schwarzenegger in '06!

If you force a religion down everyones throat, it is no better than a dictatorship either. Besides, it isn't the Athiests who would dislike having to pray infront of a cross. It is the other religions.
All this isn't to remove all religions. It is the opposite. It is to allow equal footing to all religions.

No one is forcing religion down YOUR throat, just stop taking it out of mine. Freedom of Religion not Freedom FROM religion. Again the issue is the tyrany of the single "hurt" individual telling all others how to live.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

No one is forcing religion down YOUR throat, just stop taking it out of mine. Freedom of Religion not Freedom FROM religion. Again the issue is the tyrany of the single "hurt" individual telling all others how to live.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

But freedom of Religion IS freedom from religion. If I do not wish to worship in the same way you do, I should be perfectly within my rights. Like the example given before, would you wish to pray before a statue of buddha?
Besides, having no icons to pray to should be no problem. You are praying to your God, not to a little wooden/metallic statue. This way, it works out for everybody

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Look, I'm totally cool with Nativity scenes in front of public buildings, etc., whatever...

The thing here is that this is much more of a People issue. A person in a hospital, going into a chapel, is likely going through one of the hardest times in their life. This is the LAST place one should not feel comfortable. I would think the absence of any symbols of worship would simply be the best solution.

One could always use their rosary beads, buddha statue, etc. they wished to have with them.

I'm not religious myself, but I will disagree that the space could be put to better use. The presence of a chapel is VERY important to some, both to the patient who is a believer, as well as to the patients' family members. Personally, I'd wager that regardless of belief, such a small chapel is probably one of the most valuable rooms of a hospital, for the mental healing process of all.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Christians are a very hypocritical bunch. They get up in arms when their faith is questioned or suppressed but, they do it to other groups on a daily basis. All in the name of God. Their God. The christian God. The only true God. Christians love everybody, regardless of creed or color, as long as their christian.

Nice generalization
. Didn't you read the sign on the door? It says "Deny Ignorance". If it helps, it's also on the top of every thread as a reminder.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
Ok, I am sick of all these do gooder christians kicking up a stink when one of their precious little crosses gets removed from a building. Let's get all this discrimmination and stupidity over and done with.

I like your contradictory signature: I choose to ignore ignorance. Posts like this one nullify the validity of your signature.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This whole thing is so damn silly! "If" this were a Christian church I could understand the upset by Christians...but it's not, it's supposed to be a non-denominational chapel for all people to worship for the health and lives of their loved ones. I'm sorry, but the whole world is not Christian.....there are many other religions.......it seems so selfish and self centered not to see this!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why leave it up to a hospital or commitee? Let those patients and/or family members who enter put in one piece of their choosing no larger than 12" x 24" and place in on the wall. It's a space to be used by the public. They can keep it there for as long as they have a patient staying there. Objections?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i only got one thing so say about this.
RIDICULOUS!
Do they somehow think that people aren't going to think the chapel is associated with christianity? Just because the cross is gone?
WOW how dumb!
But seriously. Chapels in hospitals are used by those seeking quiet time and spiritual connection. This may be difnied by a place, but it is not defined by whatever particular symbol is on the wall, it is defined by the person feeling it.
I'm not religious, but if I felt the need to pray, i could do so in a field without a chapel in sight.
Political correctness has reached ridiculous heights, and i fear not the correctness it'self, but the inevitable swing back in the other direction that results from any extreme like this.
What is the world coming to when traditions have become the target of those who would change their underwear 12 times a day based on what their television evangelist tells them is today's path to being saved?
Now bow 12 times, wipe your left shoe twice and turn clockwise thrice facing mecca (being sure to observe kosher habits while you eat your tofu sandwich) and PRAY. And if you're lucky you might still go to hell, because Satan hasn't changed the way things are done one little bit.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domonsura
i only got one thing so say about this.
RIDICULOUS!

I disagree. While I don't care what-so-ever if they have prayer in school....I mean it's not hurting anyone, it's a positive thing so why does anyone care
, and I don't care if there are nativity scenes in front of Christian churches....I expect it, I don't care about the 10 commandments being anywhere.....regardless of what religion you are, they good rules to live a good life, what's the harm in that? But...a non denominational chapel, should be just that.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

How soon will it be that hindu's are offened by McDonalds serving "beef" hamburgers? Or some is offended by RED cars. Don't laugh these are REAL issues at the moment.

Hindu's are NOT offended by McDonald's or by Red Cars, we actually like red cars because they match our red dots on foreheads so perfectly.

[edit on 12-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join