It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating Along the Milky Way (in 4k 60p)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hi ALL

This might be of interest a movie made from 400,000 images from the Spitzer Space Telescope.

Watch on as big a screen as possible and enjoy.

edit on 7-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Wow.

Ever seen Soylent green? the scene where the old dude goes in the suicide booth? well If I had to do that I want this played on my way out.

Mind expanding S&F.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008 TY
I have bookmarked this to watch using my new projector.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Wish I had a 4K screen but even so it looks pretty stunning in good old HD.
What a beautiful Galaxy we live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: wmd_2008 TY
I have bookmarked this to watch using my new projector.

I watched it with mine on the 92" screen & 800 watts of sound

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Fascinating
Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That is mind bending awesome and ridiculously stupid....

Why do I have to be stuck on this little rock with all that out there? I don't suppose anyone out there knows any cheat codes for my personal hologram? I already tried the Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start but I kept hitting the wall. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Awesome! When you look at this, you can just imagine how much life is or should be actually out there. And then the billions, if not more galaxies is just mind bending. It would be pretty awesome to find out that we live life over and over in different bodies of different sentient beings on planets all over the universe for literally billions of years or more depending on the universe.

For me, after dying a couple of times and connecting with what I can only describe as a universal consciousness and energy field revealing all is a strong predictor for me that this actually may be the case. I am sure many will conclude I am Section 8 material, but all I have to say is you WILL find out for yourselves.

Thanks for the Show!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That is amazing, I wish everyone in the world, appreciated just how special this little planet we call home really is. And maybe that would wake some people up, stop some from polluting, makes friends from enemies. If only it was that easy

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The stars, like dust.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Amen.

What a wondrous universe we live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I saw the same thing at the last Pink Floyd concert i attended in the early 90's.

Breathtakingly beautiful, and would love to see it up close.

Seeing that really does show how little we know about our Galaxy and it's beauty,

And how truly insignificant we are in our own galaxy.
edit on 7-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks OP, pretty tremendous stuff there.

The thing that really hits home is seeing that all of those stars are in the tiny circle they selected at the beginning of the ride. And what a ride it is.

I have always thought that space, with its clumps of matter separated by large gaps with only stars between them, looks similar to a brain, with its axons and neurons and whatever. I know lots of people think the same thing.

Who knows, we may find out that it is, and that communication between parts of the universe is similar to communication between parts of the brain.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just wow!!! I recommend watching this to people who still think that we(self aware intelligent beings) are alone in universe. If you consider that every dot is a star like our sun, then the answer is right here...in our very own milky way galaxy. S+F to the OP

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a beautiful , humbling , thought provoking journey!

Ty Op !

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

wonderful,

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Awesome! When you look at this, you can just imagine how much life is or should be actually out there. And then the billions, if not more galaxies is just mind bending. It would be pretty awesome to find out that we live life over and over in different bodies of different sentient beings on planets all over the universe for literally billions of years or more depending on the universe.

We live out in the country. Just going outside when the sky is clear, we can see the galaxy stretched out across the sky and at the same time hear the distant rumble of the cars and lorries on the freeway. With that combination, it's hard to believe that there aren't millions of worlds out there, all visiting each other.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm at a complete loss for words to describe how beautiful and overpowering this is.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Wow.

Ever seen Soylent green? the scene where the old dude goes in the suicide booth? well If I had to do that I want this played on my way out.

Mind expanding S&F.

Yes I have seen the movie a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Imagine this with the occulus rift.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join