It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Horizons space probe suffers glitch on approach to Pluto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

You've made me do work. You're going to owe me an apology.

I circled all of the structures in a few of the images. As mentioned, you need to use the shadows as a reference to make out the geometry. Think in 3-D. Since these are black and white, divorce of sufficient shades of grey, shapes look 2-D.

Remember a few things. These structures predate human inception. Time hasn't been kind to them. Marry that with orbital bombardment, and your job gets tougher. Most of the structures are in shambles. It will that time for your eyes to adjust to rendering B&W in 3-D.

If I start to hear "rocks", "formation", and "paradolia", don't bother prolonging this conversation. If you'd like me to specifically line the structures, so it's easier to make out the shapes.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

edit on 6-7-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
a reply to: wmd_2008

You've made me do work. You're going to owe me an apology.

I circled all of the structures in a few of the images. As mentioned, you need to use the shadows as a reference to make out the geometry. Think in 3-D. Since these are black and white, divorce of sufficient shades of grey, shapes look 2-D.

Remember a few things. These structures predate human inception. Time hasn't been kind to them. Marry that with orbital bombardment, and your job gets tougher. Most of the structures are in shambles. It will that time for your eyes to adjust to rendering B&W in 3-D.

If I start to hear "rocks", "formation", and "paradolia", don't bother prolonging this conversation. If you'd like me to specifically line the structures, so it's easier to make out the shapes.

You should have started a thread on this as it is not what this thread is about

NO you already owe me one first of all YOU don't dictate what people see in an image you state what you think I do the same.

Theses images are NOT black and white as you will see below.

5044 COLOURS IS NOT black & white

Do YOU even know what features or area of the Moon is shown in the images you should post a link to the image source. As for 3d and looking at structures I have 35 + years in construction some of that time drawing steel structures having to work out what something in 2d plans looks like when built. I also started my hobby of photography then so I probably know a LOT more about images, lighting & shadow.

I will debunk YOUR pictures later after work as we see above the black & white bit is already DEBUNKED

Found your source 10" telescope and a digital ccd camera NASA will be quaking in their boots.

What exactly do you think the above equipment can show go learn about optics & digital images and come back in a couple of years

edit on 7-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

What exactly are you trying to prove here? That NASA are photoshopping things in? Out? What? Boo NASA, Boo, etc etc.

Here's a photo covering the Vallis Alpes shown in your terrestrially shot image

www.lpi.usra.edu...

It's too big to show.

It was taken in 1967 by a film camera - not digital, and I have original versions of it published in book form shortly after - long before any form of digital image processing existed.

Is it better than the ones taken from Earth or not?

Go compare it with probes from China, India, Japan and Russia and play spot the difference.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Remember the topic of the thread is New Horizons space probe suffers glitch on approach to Pluto

Further off-topic posts will be removed.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join