It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Violence does not matter.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have to add, for those stating that, if we could guarantee that all guns were eliminated, that would be alright.

NO! It would not be alright, and this is why. There will always be people willing to use violence against others, to injure, to kill, for various reasons. Without guns, many people are literally defenseless against some attackers. With a gun, an eighty-year-old woman can defend herself against a 250lb. muscular guy determined to do her harm. Without a gun, she's a victim. I read a news account of a teen that defended herself against an intruder that broke into her home, with a rifle she had for hunting. No gun? She'd be a statistic. Even if the criminals had no guns, they could do serious harm. Serial killers of past eras didn't have guns, but they killed a lot of people. A mugger with a knife can do a lot of damage. A big guy wth no weapon can harm people smaller that he.

So, no, eliminating all guns is not a solution.

To radarlove guy, do tell, please, in what country do you live that has everything under control?

edit on 6-7-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Thank you for your logical post. Unfortunately the anti 2nd amendment crowd does not care for facts, it's about feelings. The same crew who cares about the size of your soda and how much salt is in that taco your eating. It's all about control, all the great dictators of the world love control. We have them right here in America, mayors against guns? Soros backed groups? Wake up America!

Yeah, you guys need more schoolkids blown to bits by fellow students. more cinemas shot up, more workplace mass murders...You know, the type of things that really open happen that often in the US.

How DARE people suggest that guns are an issue. How DARE victims and other alike think guns are a problm...but yes, we all know they are worried about the size of your soda. Boooooo...the bad men trying to control who can get access to an AR-15...what are they thinking??
Honestly, do you gun nuts even hear yourselfs?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Chicago had 80 shootings on the 4th and has very strict firearm laws. How'd those laws work out there? And of those 80 shootings, none were committed by lawful firearm owners. So how will more laws targeting law abiding people stop criminals?

Also, why do you always bring up wanting more restrictions on who can get an AR15, when pistols are the weapon of choice for the vast majority of crimes? You seem ate up with the MSM spin and buzz words. No offense intended.

And if it's lives you're wanting to save, why don't you go after causes that kill waaaaaay more people than firearms? Do those lives not matter?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheNobleCasserole

Guns stop violence, just as they cause it.

Unacceptable OP.
But I'm with you. They day criminals come for our guns, is the
day this country ends. Because the #### will hit the fan.
And #### splatters. I believe they will make that the apex to
their new world order.

Honestly, do you gun nuts even hear yourselfs?

It's yourselves.
And when it comes to defense I know I deserve the best technology
has to offer.

edit on Ram70615v04201500000004 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: TheNobleCasserole

Guns stop violence, just as they cause it.

Unacceptable OP.
But I'm with you. They day criminals come for our guns, is the
day this country ends. Because the #### will hit the fan.
And #### splatters. I believe they will make that the apex to
their new world order.

haha...i love these threats. They are so funny.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

other causes? Like? And please dont mention cars or knifes or any other idiotic argument. We need things like that in life. No one needs a gun other than a selct few including police and farmers.

So..what causes?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No threats, no brag, just fact. It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

How about medical malpractice for starters? Way more deaths caused by idiot doctors than idiots with firearms.

Drunk driving? Nobody "needs" booze, but it causes way more deaths than firearms.

Also, why only police and farmers? There is a huge amount of us hunters in the US and not all live in the country.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
No one needs a gun other than a selct few including police and farmers.

Well, that's your opinion. I'm sure we won't hear you complaining when someone proposes limiting or banning something you actually do care about, I suppose. I wonder what you own that someone else thinks you might not 'need'.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Drunk driving? Nobody "needs" booze,

Wait, what?
You don't expect me to debate gun reapers without it
do you?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I live on Budweiser, Scotch and Rum. And I'm a gun nut!

But I don't drink and drive.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

How about medical malpractice for starters? Way more deaths caused by idiot doctors than idiots with firearms.

Drunk driving? Nobody "needs" booze, but it causes way more deaths than firearms.

Also, why only police and farmers? There is a huge amount of us hunters in the US and not all live in the country.

How do you propose we ban medical malpractice? LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Of course you don't.
And for being a law abiding citizen you have every right
to the best self defense tech available. In case aliens go
all get me some. Or the prison next to your house gets
over run or.....
edit on Ram70615v24201500000008 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
well...then the vote is in, we shouldn't worry about gun violence, because there is just too little of it to be of any consequence....let's have every citizen strap on a gun when they leave the house in the morning, including mental patients, parolee's, gang members...the 2nd doesn't say they can't, so IT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.......
edit on 6-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The thing is, us "gun nuts" DO care about firearm related deaths and crime. We want our current laws enforced. No more slapping of the wrist.

That ILLEGAL immigrant that killed the lady a few days ago, was deported FIVE times, had multiple felonies and was let out of prison to kill that poor lady. Why aren't you anti firearm folks upset by that? Why was this murdering criminal set free to commit more acts of violence?

As for your "arm everyone" hyperbole, I have a concealed carry license and RARELY ever take a pistol when I leave. I'm not scared of anyone to the point that I carry everywhere I go. It's my right to do though, why can't you respect that?

You edited your post as I gave my reply, no one is advocating the arming of the people you mentioned. Stop with that nonsense.
edit on 6-7-2015 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I can live with that. I'd guess that 80% of the adults in my area already have at least one firearm in the household and a lot of them have carry permits already. For my part, I don't carry. It does not concern me in the slightest that others do, because 'gun violence' is not a problem in this area. As long as a person can pass the background check and doesn't have a criminal history or some serious mental health issues, I couldn't care less if they own or carry a firearm.

I can understand if its not so in your area and I don't have much issue with the idea of localities passing their own firearms restrictions if the public supports them. But you also need to realize and respect the fact that, for much of the country, those same restrictions are not wanted or needed.
edit on 6-7-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I will try to ignore your ignorance of the facts posted by the OP and turn this question around - how do you propose we ban firearms?

I would also like clarification when you say no one except police and farmers need firearms. My wife has a concealed handgun license, and trains often (as do I). She is a smaller frame woman. What were to happen if I were gone on business and an armed person was trying to break the door down to assault / rape her? Right there is at least one justified need for a firearm. (Don't give me the trite "call the cops" argument, because they take minutes at least to respond to any crime in progress).

Also - what gives you the right to deny ANYONE the right to defending their lives? You sound like you have a control complex. Quite typical of an anti-gunner, as well as proof of the original OP's description of anti-gunners arguments being based on emotion and devoid of factual foundations.

edit on 6-7-2015 by SonOfThor because: spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
well...then the vote is in, we shouldn't worry about gun violence, because there is just too little of it to be of any consequence....let's have every citizen strap on a gun when they leave the house in the morning, including mental patients, parolee's, gang members...the 2nd doesn't say they can't, so IT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.......

Obviously mental patients, parolee's and gang members already have them.
Despite the law.

Your argument sucks.
edit on Ram70615v12201500000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

I will try to ignore your ignorance of the facts posted by the OP and turn this question around - how do you propose we ban firearms?

I would also like clarification when you say no one except police and farmers need firearms. My wife has a concealed handgun license, and trains often (as do I). She is a smaller frame woman. What were to happen if I were gone on business and an armed person was trying to break the door down to assault / rape her? Right there is at least one justified need for a firearm. (Don't give me the trite "call the cops" argument, because they take minutes at least to respond to any crime in progress).

Also - what gives you the right to deny ANYONE the right to defending their lives? You sound like you have a control complex. Quite typical of an anti-gunner, as well as proof of the original OP's description of anti-gunners arguments being based on emotion and devoid of factual foundations.

Funny..no other country in the world feels the need to arm its citizens..i guess you guys must be enlightened.

Honestly, i cant be bothered to argue with you gun nuts. But next week when there is another mass shooting, ill be in that thread saying the same thing. And the week after and the week after ...But keep burying your heads in the sand.

And hey, as long as your wife safe, thats all that counts (even though statistics show that guns in the house hurt more lives than they save). Who cares about anyone else? They should make mini guns for kids to take to take on the way to school.
Unless every single person is packing, i cant see how you guys will ever survive the zombie apocalypse you guys must be having over there.

fact is, the US made this bed (guns in the hands of every petty criminal on your streets) and now you are paying the price. Sad but true.
edit on 6-7-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'm always up for honest debate, but when you throw out BS made up stats, it's no longer an honest debate.

Damn shame you can't debate without the hyperbole and lies.

Truth is, there're over 100 MILLION law abiding firearm owners in the US that don't resort to crime. A few nut jobs, sure. The majority, no way.

Stay scared my friend.

Edit; no other country? Really?
edit on 6-7-2015 by KawRider9 because: Network dude made me do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join