It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAJOR Invasion of Privacy!! With Friends Like Google, Who Needs Enemies!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
While having dinner with friends the other night, my phone, untouched sitting on the table, begins talking...I hear my name, some contacts with phone numbers, directions, and then a very private conversation I had earlier with my son...By this time I am outside the restaurant...I cannot lower the volume, or silence the phone, no matter what I try.. Finally after 10 mins with no way of shutting my phone down I throw my phone in the car and return to my friends........

Later that night I begin my research. Wonderful Google!! If you use Google Chrome on any of your electronics you may

want to think twice! Ever used voice search on Chrome...well apparently a backdoor app was downloaded to all chrome users,

that allows Google to activate your mic, at any given time and unbeknownst to you! Google can listen to every conversation you have had!! So my phone began by reading my voice search request and then i heard the conversation between my son and I..Not that I have anything to hide but except the fact I don't want the intimate details of my life up for grabs and added to the menu of any public place...

By Alec Cope
We Are Change

“Don’t Be Evil” – Google

On June 17th, Google did not announce (the news broke) that the DARPA affiliated corporation has been silently downloading audio listeners onto every computer that has Chrome.
This effectively means that Google sees your privacy as piddly-squat, which does not necessarily come off as a surprise, when one considers Google’s censorship of We Are Change – this very organization as nothing. The website Private Internet Access‘s Rick Falkvinge reported how he came to understand this new policy:
“It looked like just another bug report. “When I start Chromium, it downloads something.” Followed by strange status information that notably included the lines “Microphone: Yes” and “Audio Capture Allowed: Yes”.Without consent, Google’s code had downloaded a black box of code that – according to itself – had turned on the microphone and was actively listening to your room.”

Without going into detail, Falkvinge describes the nature of open-sourced/free-software and how it relies on transparency and the innovation of many software programmers before being finished as a final product.

Google rationalized that enabling the ability to be eavesdropped via your personal computer was well worth it, because now “Ok, Google” works! Now when you say certain words, Chrome begins searching preliminaries – is it truly worth losing the stability of your privacy though? Obviously, it is Google’s servers that respond to what is being said along with your computer. So a computer black-box was installed, hooked onto a private corporation’s server and now has the ability to eavesdrop on you and Google had no intention to let anyone know about it!
cont.. wearechange.org
Google goes on to justify that its "legal" because you gave the permission when you said "okay google"!!! Uhmm hello!! wouldn't you have to already be listening to know if I said Ok google??

And who the hell is listening to millions and millions of conversations. Thats what I want to know!!

Were you aware of this ATS? What do you think?

Thank you for your time,

Pax

edit on 7/4/2015 by paxnatus because: fix link

edit on 4/7/15 by JAK because: URL format

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Interesting to see how this goes . Sometimes i am so glad that my phone does that most unthinkable of things , make phone calls , and phone calls only .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
While I feel genuine empathy for your situation at dinner, i do however not feel sorry for you.
We have all been given the information over the past 6-7 years at how fast this technology is moving, I along with a few other members here even got laughed at when posting threads concerning the possibility of spying equipment such as the xbox connect camera on or before release.
and here we are, you are upset because you thought your mobile phone was still just a telephone, you have never heard of data retention:
www.eff.org...
what scares me is if you didnt know any of that, then you probably dont know about this:
www.cnet.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

No i was not aware tht the microphone on any smartphone can bee activated at anytime and record your conversations!!! I was not aware they actually record and then can later be read randomly outloud...Yes i was aware of Samsung! thanks though...

Pax
edit on 7/4/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am aware of that sittuation so I am watching what and with who I am talking on the phone. Bussines meetings only with cellphones off. These people who are listening mine and Yours talks propably have a most boring lifes on earth. Good luck for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I think there was a thread about this.
Although your personal experience makes it hit close to home! How weird it must've been, I might've smashed my phone to pieces.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Always disable your laptop cam and mic.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Another example of our government abusing our constitutional rights. Since the Patriot Act, our constitutional rights have slowly been chipped away. The courts are now in the pockets of homeland security. Everything that was once illegal is now legal in the name of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

My girlfriend got a new laptop a few years back 4-5. The software was downloaded onto our computer when I installed chrome back then.

Then I found ATS, so chrome got removed after it was suggested to me by other members.

I reckon Google got about 4 years of my gf shouting at me. Lucky them.

It's not chrome you should be worried about, its the beast quantum computer that should worry you.
Where do you think all that data goes? What do you think it's learning about you?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
People have been warning of these things.

I can only imagine those nosy bastards rubbing their claws.

It's the attack of the Google Gremlins !!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Evidently, that is simply a wholesale effort to get beyond what was done formerly by piecemeal when you OKed the downloading of an assumed innocuous app such as an electronic compass or the almost universally download of a flashlight app.

As I've said many times and I know nothing about computers, we allowed this stuff to get a foothold into our lives when we failed to fight and stop the earliest use of the "harmless" cookies into our computers. But as demonstrated, time and time again by the NSA, probably there was little we could do as they would have done it regardless. They have a battle plan and that is to allow no privacy/secrets from you government and your "rights" be damned.

The how and why this situation has developed is not a simple as some tend to or would want to think. Think quantum computers and a master plan for progressive human activity bent to form. (And I don't use that word "progressive" innocently.)
edit on 4-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ever since I found out that Google is part of Obama's and NIH's BRAIN INITIATIVE, I have wondered just exactly what would develop over time. These kinds of programs are alway wrapped in words of benevolence, but sometimes the intention is more malevolent.

White House Office of Science and Technology Policy Director John Holdren and Deputy Director for Technology and Innovation Tom Kalil later unveiled the broad response to the President’s call for “an all hands on deck” effort to support the BRAIN Initiative at a White House press conference.

Major foundations, patient advocacy organizations, universities, and corporations, including the Simons Foundation, GE and Google, will align more than $240 million in research efforts with the BRAIN Initiative. Kalil called for “the emergence of regional technology clusters,” which will form via contributions from several private companies involved in neuro-based technologies.

Additionally, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) have joined the BRAIN Initiative. The FDA, while not directly supplying funds for research, plans to heighten the transparency of the regulatory landscape for medical devices to treat brain disorders. IARPA will be funding a handful of innovative research projects involving machine learning.

www.brainupdate.nih.gov...

We have some unholy alliances in this world and we are nothing but pawns in their game of conquer and control. Okay...that may sound over-the-top, but that is how it feels sometimes. And we are helpless...we can expose these things, but how do you fight against it. They mix the beneficial with the malevolent, kind of like how terrorists put their arsenals among civilians.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is 1984 and Winston Smith is not suprised at all .

type star ,hash 0,6 hash into your cell and see your cell number and use k-meleon for a browser ,destroy the camera on your laptop if you have one .

send as many texts a day to random numbers on a throw away cell titled

LETS DO JIHAD

keep the twats busy and running after their tails

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Please continue discussion in the existing thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Duplicate closed. Thank you.

top topics

join