It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be the first to declare that the 'end times' have started?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Today is my birthday... it certainly feels like the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Today is my birthday... it certainly feels like the end of the world.

Happy birthday onlyinmydreams!!! Enjoy your time here in this planet
. It doesn't matter how long it will take as long as you can make the best of it. I wish you that...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The end times are nigh! Ours is eternal damnation!

... Sorry, I just had to

(If you don't get it, play Neverwinter Nights
)

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Beware the Super Volcanos

Tribulation will be here soon !

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have a really hard time understanding why people always start with the doomsday garbage every time there is natural disaster!? It's mind boggling and silly! Not to mention never right
I hate to sound so nasty and snooty but every single time something happens this starts...it silly!
I remember when I was about 5 people coming to our house passing out papers to leave your homes and repent because the end was very near...there has always been natural disasters and always will be....dang people! There has always been "wars and rumours of war"
Once again:
Date----------Location-----------Magnitude--------------Deaths
April 18, 1906------San Francisco-------8.3--------------------503
Aug. 16, 1906-----Chile-------------------8.6--------------------20,000
Dec. 16, 1920-----China------------------8.6--------------------100,000
Sept. 1, 1920------Japan-----------------8.3--------------------100,000
May 22, 1927------China-----------------8.3--------------------200,000
March 2, 1933-----Japan-----------------8.9--------------------2,990
Jan. 15, 1934------India------------------8.4--------------------10,700
Jan. 24, 1939------Chile------------------8.3--------------------28,000
May 21-30, 1960--Chile------------------9.5--------------------5,000
April 10, 1972------Iran-------------------7.1--------------------5,350
July 28, 1976-------China-----------------7.8 to 8.2------------242,000
Sept. 16, 1978-----Iran-------------------7.5 to 7.9------------15,000
Sept. 19, 1985-----Mexico----------------8.1--------------------9,500
June 21, 1990------Iran-------------------7.7--------------------35,000

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
British scientist commenting on the recent Sumatra earthquake, says that there is some fears of the the volcano in the Canary islands erupting leading to tsunamis in the Atlantic ocean and devestating the east coast of America.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There is differently an increase in natural disasters lately. Yes, big natural disasters have always happened, but in recent years, records are being broken left and right, in terms of temperatures and "freak weather" all over the globe, among other "natural" things. It may be wise to pay attention to the signs, to see all these things together, and as a result see "the unseen" so to speak. Individually these disasters mean little, but seeing them all suddenly increasing exponentially in recent times may be occasion for some concern! Also many cometary impacts have increased recently as well, if one is paying attention.

Here is somethin interesting to think about - the possibility that our governments and the "powers that be" and the "elite" of the world know what's coming, and are therefore grabbing power around the world in preparation for it, to be able to handle the "public disorder", because it's a lot easier to control the public in a global military state, than it is in a world as it is right now. It is also possible that things like "peak oil" may be carefully orchestrated illusions, for the very purpose of having the population, by their own free will, submit to total control, for "our own good", as we perceive it. Ah, it's a lot easier to "trick" us into choosing it ourselves, than try to force us into submission, as that is a lot more risky, given that the military might "Coup E'etat" among other things.

It is easy to "prophecise" an apocalypse 2000 years in advance, if you know something everyone else doesn't. Just as it is easy to prophecise a solar eclipse to make people who don't know how to do it think you're "Godlike". It seems that there is evidence for not just cyclical cometary bombardments of our planet every few thousand years (and we're overdue), but natural cataclysms also come in cycles, and happen very quickly and suddenly, not "gradually" as is claimed by mainstream scientists.

This macrocosmic change in our global systems is not unlike the microcosmic changes in smaller systems. Like freezing water for example - it gets colder and colder, but is still water, until it reaches a certain point where there is SUDDEN change and it turns into ice at 32 degrees F, 0 celcius. Same for water turning into vapor, it gets hotter and hotter, and there is little change, until suddenly it reaches 100 celcius and BAM the molecules expand and it evaporates.

There is evidence that suggests that global cataclysms happen the same way, there is gradual change at first, but upon reaching a certain point, the system makes a "quantum leap" and quickly changes, like developes an almost instant ice age, and so forth. The question now is, are we due for another such sudden "alteration" in our global system, is there evidence/signs to suggest this? If so, the current global situation could provide us with many clues/signs that can lead us to the answer. Not just that, but examination of historical change in our global systems and their "frequency" and so on, may provide even more useful data.

You know, like finding mammoths frozen in solid ice while still having food in their mouth? Seems like a gradual ice age cannot freeze mammoths mid-motion while eating something, by the thousands. This further suggests that things like an ice age can come MUCH quicker than scientists surmise.

Anyway, just some thoughts

-Mike

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
onlyinmydreams, you had to of known your thread would have gotten a lot of responses from the doomsayers. Genius.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
During the Bubonic Plague in the 12th/13th C the doom and gloom merchants were proclaiming the end of the world was nigh, God is punishing us etc etc. That killed off millions of people yet the human race survived. The same will happen here.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
onlyinmydreams, you had to of known your thread would have gotten a lot of responses from the doomsayers. Genius.

We're all doomed!

Now that thats out of me, I would like to say that this may not be the begining of the end, but more likely this was just a earthquake, nothing more. Earthquakes and tremors happen all the time. It's not certain that this is the end time.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by invader_chris]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
For all we know, Jesus already returned to save us
and the Bush Dynasty locked him up at Guantanamo Bay,
never to be heard from again.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The Endtimes are here, stop denying it. Those who say we're not there are the ignorant atheist, non-christians and people who don't know the Bible. All the signs are here, the biggest sign is... it will be like the days of Noah, aliens/fallenangels/demons will be mating with man, genetic experiments, DNA manipulation.

Then how about this:
Mt 24:36 -
"Now concerning that day and hour no one knows--neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son --except the Father only.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'll be laughing at you "doomsday prophets" till im 70 years old.

Happy new years everyone and once the next new year arives after a few natural diasters and a war or two I'll be back here laughing and wishing you all a happy new year yet again

top topics

<< 1   >>

join