It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Fires Of Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The other night i was looking into the sky and seen the most beautiful orange moon and thought it was amazing, not realizing that what i was seeing was an atmospheric condition caused by wildfires burning in Canada that were blowing smoke onto my state from 1000s of miles away and making my moon orange.

www.wdbj7.com...

The next day when i was watching the news, they were discussing this phenomenon, when i realized that i was having trouble breathing and that during the heat of the day, there was a thick haze throughout all the valleys around me, and that just how small this world really is.

We hear stories of the deadly dangers of what a Super Volcano could do to impact the Earth and Survival of its inhabitants. After witnessing this Canadian Smoke and the impact it had on me, I'm truly afraid. we really are just living on this planet by a thread, and that in the event of a Super Volcano or even a Super Drought, or anything in a Super Cataclysm...We really are screwed
Really

No more proof needed

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Super volcano large asteroid or even a couple thousand nukes will really really really screw up your Sunday afternoon bbq .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There are Saharan dust clouds sometimes here in the UK with similar effects, worse even when combined with a smog cloud from Europe. There was one a few years ago that affected my breathing thankfully mildly though stayed home for a few days.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.metoffice.gov.uk...
edit on 3-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Couple days ago, the weatherman was saying the hazy cover we have here in Hellinois, was caused by the Canadian wildfires. I had no clue y'all were going through this and had to google it. I hate MSM.

Thoughts and prayers are with ya. Stay safe bro!

Edit: Damn cool pic!

S&F
edit on 3-7-2015 by KawRider9 because: Shamrock hates bacon and beer

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is even worse where I live, but I'm downwind (for now) of the fires. It got so bad outside that you couldn't see more than 100 yards (I'm about 4 hours from the fires), I can't imagine being close to the fires!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I haven't seen the sky in 5 days. My eyes burn and the news on TV says to stay indoors. I can usually see 6-9 miles away from my front porch but only see half mile now.
I wonder was this a controlled burn or nature?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I was just told last night that Alaska has more fires than normal. Over a million acres is what I was told. Very bad ones that cannot be stopped with many choppers already in the sky. My friend said he would be there but he's in northern Cali waiting for it to start up there. I can't imagine fighting fires like they do.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Where are you at? Here in northern Wisconsin we have the hazy sky all day. Been watching that blaze orange/red moon last few nights and you can look right at the sun through the haze until it's about 45 degrees up. Pretty cool. I don't smell it but my neighbor and my five year old say they can even get whiffs of the smoke at night time. That's pretty crazy.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Where are you at? Here in northern Wisconsin we have the hazy sky all day. Been watching that blaze orange/red moon last few nights and you can look right at the sun through the haze until it's about 45 degrees up. Pretty cool. I don't smell it but my neighbor and my five year old say they can even get whiffs of the smoke at night time. That's pretty crazy.

Southern Missouri. The storms blew them in and filled the air with Toxin. They had air advisories earlier, but haven't heard a word since, but its still lingering due to the winds are still in the same pattern.

Couldn't imagine the Dust bowl Era

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Southern Missouri. The storms blew them in and filled the air with Toxin. They had air advisories earlier, but haven't heard a word since, but its still lingering due to the winds are still in the same pattern.

Couldn't imagine the Dust bowl Era

Just took the dog out this morning and the haze seems to be a low fog and I can smell the smoke. That's something that you are getting that much of the smoke all the way down to Missouri. I can expect it this far north. In regards to air advisories, I haven't heard anything about it here, not even any talk on the news about the smoke in the air.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I was wrong, I did find a story about the haze.

More haze in Wisconsin from Canadian wildfires

By the smoke plume picture, you can see it right down over you too.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There's a thread in "Other Current Events" forum posted on June 29th (when the fires first started) that discusses what's happening in Saskatchewan if anyone is interested.

I've had hazy smoky skies overhead for the past 5 days with no sunshine in sight. Haven't seen the moon for those 5 days either... but when the fires first started, yes we had the red-orange moon also. Every now and then when the wind blowing our way, I get a whiff of what smells like a campfire but I'm pretty sure its the forest fires I'm detecting.

They're still battling the fires, it seems the winds aren't doing the firefighters and water bombers any favours.

Apparently, there is 110 fires happening in Saskatchewan thus far. Firefighters are coming from all over Canada to fight these damn things.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yep, that's what I smelt this morning, a campfire smell. The haze was so thick the other night that I tried to see the two planets creating the bright star and I couldn't see them at all, and still haven't seen them since. Where are you at that the haze is so thick you see no sun or moon? Are you up in Canada?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Yes, I'm in Manitoba.

We haven't had any heavy smoke other than the nonstop hazy skies (yet) I guess because the winds have been blowing in more of a southeasterly direction. The forest fires are about 8 hours west of us, as the crow flies.

My daughter is in Regina and the smoke is getting pretty bad there to the point that her poor boyfriend is using his inhaler (asthmatic) more than he should be.

These fires are horrible, the northern areas of Saskatchewan are beautiful lush forests with mainly just small communities living around there... so it's wild untamed bush in every direction.

Now it's going to be nothing but burnt wasteland.

edit on 4-7-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

The haze was so thick the other night that I tried to see the two planets creating the bright star and I couldn't see them at all, and still haven't seen them since.

Yes, I completely missed the Jupiter-Venus conjunction too because of the covered over skies. Needless to say, I've not been a happy camper knowing that I missed such a great celestial event.

Damn these fires.

new topics

top topics

join