It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man bitten by shark while swimming off North Carolina coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

A seventh shark attack has been reported in North Carolina when a man swimming in Outer Banks’ Ocracoke Island was bitten on Wednesday.

Man, these sharks are ticked off! Now, I just have one question...Why in the heck would anyone want to be in the ocean near N.Carolina with all of the recent attacks? Heck, I wouldn't even be anywhere near a beach especially here.

As the article says, this is the 7th attack (in the last month), after the first one I would have been finding another place for a vacation, like a pool somewhere without sharks! Actually, I did not need the first one to happen because while the ocean is a magnificent spectacle to behold, there be sharks in dem der waters!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
news.yahoo.com...

A seventh shark attack has been reported in North Carolina when a man swimming in Outer Banks’ Ocracoke Island was bitten on Wednesday.

Man, these sharks are ticked off! Now, I just have one question...Why in the heck would anyone want to be in the ocean near N.Carolina with all of the recent attacks? Heck, I wouldn't even be anywhere near a beach especially here.

As the article says, this is the 7th attack (in the last month), after the first one I would have been finding another place for a vacation, like a pool somewhere without sharks! Actually, I did not need the first one to happen because while the ocean is a magnificent spectacle to behold, there be sharks in dem der waters!

I don't find swimming in it that pleasurable anyway. I prefer the sound. Or a pool... the ocean is freezing.

Oh, and uh... by the way; This was posted about yesterday.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Can anyone say shark psyops? JK.

I can't believe people are still going in the water. How many attacks are going to happen before people are going to call it quits for a while. I wonder if you could design a suntan lotion with some sort of bitter tasting agent to prevent bites or maybe a device you could wear that emits ultrasonic frequency to repel them. Probably wouldn't work but somebody should think of something!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I've been in the ocean all my life. Every year.. It's really not that scary. Living your life in fear can be quite limiting.

That being said.

Heck no I am not going in the water this year.

Pass.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yep. Looks like the sharks have seriously gotten into the concept of the 100th monkey phenomena.

Oh, I know, I know....
edit on 2-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

wow.. Ok mr darky.

have a star.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know that Shark.

His name is Johan Bittenoff.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I've been in the ocean all my life. Every year.. It's really not that scary. Living your life in fear can be quite limiting.

That being said.

Heck no I am not going in the water this year.

Pass.

The key is to know the time of day NOT to go in the water
and that would a feeding time (i.e., dusk or dawn).

The rest of the time, the odds of a shark attack
go way, way down... approaching zero.

Get smart people. Don't be shark bait.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

The closet I have been to a shark was 1PM.. In general you are right of course.

At first I was like oh dolphin cool, and not very slowly my brain was like dude, dude dude... Yea that's a shark eating fish in the waves I was going out to to ride.. I still went in the water the next day though.

One time I was bumped. I was hit hard by something big and heavy..
Then I saw what it was. A huge horseshoe crab. Banged into me through the wave.
Oh man that had me scared at first.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: wasaka

The closet I have been to a shark was 1PM.. In general you are right of course.

At first I was like oh dolphin cool, and not very slowly my brain was like dude, dude dude... Yea that's a shark eating fish in the waves I was going out to to ride.. I still went in the water the next day though.

One time I was bumped. I was hit hard by something big and heavy..
Then I saw what it was. A huge horseshoe crab. Banged into me through the wave.
Oh man that had me scared at first.

I bet that made the old heart race.
...but a horseshoe crab? That has
to be good luck right?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I love jumping into water...

I also like swimming underwater, when I can see the surroundings. (It's beautiful)

I don't like swimming in water with my head above, not being able to see below.

I'm not too keen on swimming in the ocean, PARTLY because of sharks, but I dislike jellyfish even more...

People like to do some fun, and sometimes crazy/stupid stuff, and as long as they understand the inherent danger, good for them...

Why is people swimming in the ocean and then having interactions with the wildlife news? Because we're led to believe that "they're more afraid of you than you are of it?" Or "we're not their usual snack?" Whatevs...

These sharks are prolly just upset after seeing their whale-shark brethren "abused" by those recent "shark-surfers."

I prefer floating the clear rivers of Montana, on inner tubes, with a case of beer... Even if that's risky in itself.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

I bet that made the old heart race.
...but a horseshoe crab? That has
to be good luck right?

hahaha
I guess so.

japhrimu
I prefer floating the clear rivers of Montana, on inner tubes, with a case of beer... Even if that's risky in itself.

That sounds perfect.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Case of beer? Instant star!

new topics

top topics

join