It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another shark attack...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Indeed, people kill a lot more sharks than sharks kill people (and they are even not invading our habitat).
Death by shark is quite rare, most of the time the shark just wants to get a nibble/taste of what strange creature it encountered.

They are quite forgive-full, imagine they want revenge

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I don't know why people like the ocean so much anyway... The sound is much warmer, gentler, and easier to fish in. Less sharks too.

meh it's all muddy mostly..
And there's no surf.
And the ladies walking by?

to each their own.

You get over the mud when you're water skiing (try that on the ocean), kayaking, having cookouts, And the water is actually nice and warm. That 60-65 degree (usually) ocean water makes me freeze to death.

Surf? I've lived here my whole life and never seen anyone surf out there. I'm sure it happens, but I've never seen waves big enough unless we're in a hurricane.

As for the ladies... Well, let's just say I have a different taste than most guys, and you won't find my kind of woman in a bikini at the beach.

The surf as in the waves. I didn't say the surfing. I body surf and the waves at Emerald Isle get huge a lot of the time.
The sound is fine don't get me wrong, it's just not as good for me.
I didn't say I was picking up woman, just enjoying the view. And the fishing for Blue fish, or Flounder is awesome ocean side. I bet the water is a lot warmer where I am talking about, as the beach faces south.

Helps if you have a beach front cottage I guess.
I wouldn't want to pay a 1000 for a week, just to hang out.

My dad surfs there. I doubt he's any good though. Lol

But when the Shark attacks pick up like this, as I have only heard about one other time, I'm staying out of the water.

edit on 1-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: gortex

imagine they want revenge

That ought to about cover shark vengeance!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Wow, that video is freaky bizarre! Never saw such a thing, and that is with watching nature shows, and shark shows, for ages! No way you'd get me in the water, even wading, after seeing that! I don't like swimming in the ocean anyway. Sharks, jellyfish, and who knows what else; seems too risky. I'll take a nice clear pool, tyvm!

Wonder if Florida will be bad this year, too. They tend to get some most years anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I blame Fukushima.
The ocean life are detecting how toxic the waters are and are pushing their way closer to land
Not because its land, but because they are trying to get as far as away as possible to the toxic waters

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I blame Fukushima.
The ocean life are detecting how toxic the waters are and are pushing their way closer to land
Not because its land, but because they are trying to get as far as away as possible to the toxic waters

Hmm.... And those toxic waters are all over the EAST coast of the US?
Sarcasm?
edit on 1-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
12pm put the attack right in the prime fishing period according to my fishing app, Isolunor. Not a good time to be in the water. Perhaps we need an app to tell us when the fish aren't biting?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I blame Fukushima.

Hmm.... And those toxic waters are all over the EAST coast of the US?
Sarcasm?

nope

everything is moving away from fukushima in what ever direction it can.

they can sense in the water that its toxic and are going as far away as possible

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

which shark?

Does it matter , when attacks like this happen brave people tend to go hunt an animal fitting the description of the one described by witnesses.... any shark will do.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

nope

they can sense in the water that its toxic and are going as far away as possible

You are so off... Fukushima radiation? Goes all the way around South America almost in Antarctica and comes all the way back up and scares sharks to bite people..

Please.... You are too agitated.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Does it matter , when attacks like this happen brave people tend to go hunt an animal fitting the description of the one described by witnesses.... any shark will do.

ha.. I just wanted people to realize there are thousands of sharks around the east coast..
If they are feeding in that close to shore, this won't be the last one this year.
And around here I havn't heard of revenge shark killings lol.
That's some JAWS stuff.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

nope

You are so off... Fukushima radiation? Goes all the way around South America almost in Antarctica and comes all the way back up and scares sharks to bite people..

Please.... You are too agitated.

Before you jump on your high horse, I didn't say radiation, I said Sharks can sense it coming from a certain area and are retreating in the opposite direction.

Like how animals can sense things, earth quakes, magnetic shifts etc? with Sharks having such strong sense I personally believe that they can sense the toxic radiation in the ocean and are moving as far away as possible.

Unfortunately for us, that's closer to land.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: Rezlooper

Thanks! Didn't think of that!!

www.youtube.com...

People forget or don't know what these animals are physically capable of. They can maneuver from actual beach back into the surf. Minute 1:08 especially relevant.

(if someone can imbed this video I'd appreciate it!!)

Awesome video. Yea, sharks don't tend to beach themselves like whales.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Posted it for the ocean-going toe dabblers. Sharks are amazing creatures and are capable of lots of things we don't normally expect. I'm just appalled local officials aren't posting warnings more to make people aware feeding is going on closer to shore currently. Not to panic folks, just a heads up.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Before you jump on your high horse, I didn't say radiation, I said Sharks can sense it coming from a certain area and are retreating in the opposite direction.

Like how animals can sense things, earth quakes, magnetic shifts etc? with Sharks having such strong sense I personally believe that they can sense the toxic radiation in the ocean and are moving as far away as possible.

Unfortunately for us, that's closer to land.

Wrong.. They would be fleeing to the west of Europe.. I am not on a high horse.. I just know geography?
These sharks are RIGHT in the gulf stream.. It bumps into North Carolina...

There are A LOT of Fish here.. The Sharks have ALWAYS been here.. Just usually further out.. Not Super far out.. Go out in a paddle boat and you will see them easy..

It's not so hard to know whats up..
The fish are coming in more shallow.. As they do sometimes.. Sometimes you can reach down and grab Blue fish in whole schools.. You can step on flounder right and left...

Sharks like to eat.. And the visibility in these high surf areas in North Carolina that have Strong under currents.. The sand gets all mixed in and the water is DEEP green.. White skinned human flashes an ankle.. It looks like a Fish...
edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
www.wbtv.com... Darwin at work.........

edit on 4-7-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join