It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens Next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We all have ideas about what occurs when this life is over, but none of us know for certain.

Some of our beliefs are founded in religion, some in metaphysics, some in philosophy, and some in anecdotal experience (e.g. near-death or psychedelic experiences). But none of those beliefs are grounded in 100% irrefutable fact.

Thus the afterlife is one of the greatest mysteries for those of us here on this level of the simulation. Speculation about it is rampant, and firm conclusions sparse.

So I'm wondering: What kind of afterlife do you envision? What would you like to see/possess/experience in that realm between lives? And what would you most certainly want to avoid?

I'll go first: Above all else I want a private realm where my wife and I can relax. Constantly being around people exhausts me--it's an energy sink that leaves me feeling drained and spent. Second of all I'd like the chance to experience or simulate (dream-style) those things that I never adequately enjoyed on earth. Here I never get to drive fast as I'd like, so there I wouldn't mind a private racetrack.

Your turn! What kind of afterlife do you want/would you hate to see?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

But none of those beliefs are grounded in 100% irrefutable fact.

Irrefutable fact: People die.

Life is gone.

Whats 'left' is fertilizer.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Awesome! But what would you want to see in your afterlife?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
a reply to: intrptr

Awesome! But what would you want to see in your afterlife?

Continuation.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Your last paragraph would be exactly how I'd like it. However, I'm in the meat sac camp and really can't see that there is a life-after-death scenario. I would love to be proved wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The only thing I can be certain of is the that repercussions of my life will still carry on through this reality as we know it. While certain parts of me may live on in other ways, this life I am in is the definition of my existence. How the future unfolds and the parts I play is the true definition of my current life.

If there is a heaven or hell in eternity, this is where I see it. It is where our ancestors are and where we will join them.
edit on 30-6-2015 by kwakakev because: added last sentence.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

The biggest thing that convinces me against the "no afterlife" POV is the fact that I can't believe the universe is fundamentally unfair on a long term scale.

If we each get one life, it makes zero sense that some get that life as a billionaire while others have to live it out as a janitor.

For that reason alone, I'm a subscriber to reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Are you looking forward to joining your ancestors?

Personally I could do without an afterlife that includes my earth-family

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
nvmnd
edit on Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:00:44 -0500America/Chicago440030America/Chicago6302015f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hmm. I can see where you're coming from, but, I truly believe the universe is just the universe. Fairness is irrelevant. Having said that, I would love to believe as you do but I can't

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I accept the circle of life, we are all going to die one day.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We do know what happens after death, but we are so fearful of it we do not want to admit it. We have cadaver farms to prove it with 100% irrefutable evidence.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Read "BACK AGAIN" by Larry Rich...free download. Short. Will change your complete outlook on life after death after life after death, and meeting souls on the other side time and again....then be reborn and starting over.

Download and read and let me know!

MS

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for the recommendation!

I like Journe y of Souls and Destin y of Souls by Michael Newton.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i dont know what happens next and if i knew i probably wouldnt say because i'm sick of arguing about philosphy and what if's and what kind of planet we currently reside on

i do however think that right now it is possible we are between lives, deciding what to do where to go next time and why

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Leaving the in between. Warning all beings about the insanity of this place and to avoid it like the plague.

This place might need help but trying to help a species with no self awareness is a waste of time since 90% of souls here do not want to take real responsibility.

Humanity I dare you. Prove me wrong.
edit on 30-6-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I think little by little we're seeing a change in the collective consciousness of humanity.

People are starting to wake up and get it--they just need more example to pave the way.

So before you give up entirely on the human race, try becoming one of those paragons. Lead through action and inspire by example. And even if no one gets it, you'll still at least be refining your own spirit towards greater and greater heights.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I honestly don't know what I want in the next life. I feel like if I make that decision now, while I am here, it could be the wrong decision and then I'd be in an oops moment. lol

leolady

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Hahaha, that's pretty funny. And it'd be a pretty cruel universe that holds you to a decision made with incomplete information.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Live life to the fullest extent you can, there is no guarantee that you will get a a second chance at anything later. Stop making excuses as to why you cannot enjoy life here, if something bugs you and you cannot change it, change yourself.

To the OP, move to a solitary location now, if you cannot stand crowds. Get enough land somewhere where it is cheap and build your own racetrack or something. Why wait for afterlife? Everything there is, is here and now, not in the future or next life. Those are lullaby stories to comfort the unaware.

LittlebyLittle is right about self awareness and taking responsibility. Seat the master in your house and don't let the servants run rampant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join