It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Areas to avoid Traveling to (If you are British)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
After the attacks in France and Tunisia Friday, it seems 'Brits' are more in danger now when abroad as to before the incidents. Below is a map showing areas to be very wary of visiting if you are a brit!

RED obviously shows for danger!

The Uk is also RED but for some reason not showing as such.

Forgot the Link: news.sky.com...

Some Story (More on the link):

The UK, Australia, Spain and France are all rated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as having a high or severe threat of terrorism. While the FCO says Indonesia is safe to visit, it also says the country has a high threat of terrorism. Other potential danger spots include Lebanon, where the borders with Syria and Israel, along with part of the capital Beirut, are no-go zones, and the country's central mountain range is categorised as "essential travel only". The FCO advises against all travel to some parts of Israel on the Lebanese and Syrian borders. Visitors are also warned of a risk of security incidents in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv – with particular care and vigilance advised on public transport.

And I'll assume this also relates to 'Americans'.
edit on CDTMon, 29 Jun 2015 17:10:51 -05000000003005x151x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Fearmongering.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Avoid using fossil fuels. Get on your bike or walk. Better still stay home and dig the allotment. Dig For Victory and to hell with the oil barons!

Because that's what this is really all about. We've been lulled into the false world of easy, oil based travel. It's trashing the Earth and it only gets you into trouble spots quicker.
edit on 29 6 2015 by Kester because: change word

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If the rest of the world on that map was coloured it would be red also, most of Africa, Ukraine etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I guess were good to visit Saudi Arabia, Iraq. Lybia,Syria and Yemen?? LOL I wont be going to any of those countries..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

To be absolutely fair, at this time of year, some Brits should not travel away from the British Isles at all!

Personally speaking, I am pretty sure that if I go anywhere warmer than where I am now, I may combust upon contact with the overwhelmingly warm weather there. I am close enough as it is right here in sunny Essex! I am far from the only person who is so British that they might find themselves bursting into flame upon contact with stronger sunlight than they are used to!

In all seriousness though, this map is to be needed with extreme caution.

The fact is that although we all know there are some deeply shady western tie ins with the origins of the latest mob of fanatical death cultists, they do pose a threat, and a poorly contained one at that. I saw Sir Richard Dannatt on the television earlier on, discussing the potential for ground action against IS fighters. His face said it all, and by saying it all, I mean saying "You, sir, are a dullard and a moron".

This is because he knows as well as anyone who has been paying attention, that the only way to remove these sorts of terrorist cells, is by sending nameless, faceless, legendless assassins into the region, and giving them a blanket permission to slaughter the bastards, while remaining totally invisible to the enemy. I am talking about an intelligence operation, crewed by people who have had their pasts erased completely, who have no breaking point other than death itself, and will kill, maim, and terrify IS, while maintaining an extremely low target profile.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
We don't have a cute map, but we DO have warnings about places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of Africa is on the list.

travel.state.gov...

DoS issues warnings and alerts as needed, and lifts them when the situation changes. Really only makes the news when a new one is issued. The Iraq one didn't make the news because common sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Barrow
Chorley
Bury
Preston
Stockport
Peterborough
Sunderland
Telford
Kings Lynn
Swindon

To name but a few

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

To be absolutely fair, at this time of year, some Brits should not travel away from the British Isles at all!

Personally speaking, I am pretty sure that if I go anywhere warmer than where I am now, I may combust upon contact with the overwhelmingly warm weather there. I am close enough as it is right here in sunny Essex! I am far from the only person who is so British that they might find themselves bursting into flame upon contact with stronger sunlight than they are used to!

In all seriousness though, this map is to be needed with extreme caution.

The fact is that although we all know there are some deeply shady western tie ins with the origins of the latest mob of fanatical death cultists, they do pose a threat, and a poorly contained one at that. I saw Sir Richard Dannatt on the television earlier on, discussing the potential for ground action against IS fighters. His face said it all, and by saying it all, I mean saying "You, sir, are a dullard and a moron".

This is because he knows as well as anyone who has been paying attention, that the only way to remove these sorts of terrorist cells, is by sending nameless, faceless, legendless assassins into the region, and giving them a blanket permission to slaughter the bastards, while remaining totally invisible to the enemy. I am talking about an intelligence operation, crewed by people who have had their pasts erased completely, who have no breaking point other than death itself, and will kill, maim, and terrify IS, while maintaining an extremely low target profile.

I'm sure its being done at this very moment. We just don't know about it. You know, free press.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Well thank goodness-it looks like I am OK then,being a Brit on the verge of heading off to either the Carpathian mountains or the Alaskan wilderness..
No ISIS,no taxes,no other rotten imbecile humans to worry about.

I would rather take my chances with frostbite,wolves and bears than deal with the crap the "civilised" world is offering me at the moment.

No,I am not joking.

edit on 29/6/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Looks like ISIS controlled territory is now safer than France, Spain and Turkey.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's over 32C on Wednesday. I'm thinking of flying to somewhere less hot and where the sun sets a bit earlier.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you're respectful, humble and outgoing you can go to nearly any place on earth and be OK.

Incidents like this are incredibly rare, they're also totally unpredictable in terms of location and if you buy into the fearmongering you'll never leave your house.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well if Sky said it must be true......
I am in Spain quite allot. Less since the end of the football season but have always found it to be a great country I would say the same of Italy but its been five years since I was there but at the time great people, lovely food and exciting football.

Sky do like to make the news where they can.

As an aside to this did anyone hear about new army regiment for social media?
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shayhorse

“We tend to take an indirect approach. We can engage without being escalatory or aggressive.
Conceding defeat?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And if you hail from the U.S. of America, color the whole world red!

We are not so popular, you see, having had some poor leadership early this century, attacked a few countries illegally, bankrolled some coups, been generally hypocritical, etc., ... so that's why U.S. world travelers frequently lie and say they are from Canada.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

We are not so popular, you see, having had some poor leadership early this century, attacked a few countries illegally, bankrolled some coups, been generally hypocritical, etc., ... so that's why U.S. world travelers frequently lie and say they are from Canada.

Well travelled Americans have always been pretty cool in my experience. The rest of the world, with a few exceptions is a much more tolerant and friendly place than we tend to give it credit for.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Its a good thing we have everything right here in our country, we have mountains and oceans and great lakes, national parks ,volcanoes, desserts,and swamps,. Lots of places to vacation without ever having to leave the USA.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
cheers for the replies. I was out today so only now reading.

There was an exercise today central london... simulating similar scenarios to 'tunisian' attack.

7/7 is next week, so wouldnt suprise me if something is planned.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

it got my attention odd name for them as well.

new topics

top topics

join