It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Jesus and the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

As an atheist:

Jesus kicked ass.

I want this as a bumper sticker !!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
you guys are plowin deep....keep going....we need a king for this world but he has to be a perfect and friendly king....after what He did and still does for us in this life....He can be my king anytime...
In this life, one can access supernatural help....like the time the bank came after my 5 acres over 2 months payment...I told my kids..." watch what Jesus does with this "...
stomped the bankers azz...3 days ahead of the deadline...

edit on 27-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: JackReyes
The biblical errors in your OP, along with the rose-colored glasses you're wearing, tells me you either haven't even read the four gospels, or you need to read them again.

It is understandable that you believe the Bible is full of errors. Because if it was really indeed God's word, that would leave a lot of people in a lurch. Do you not agree?

Nevertheless this OP was not started to argue whether or not the Bible is inspired, although the way Jesus lived his life proves that it is. No human could have invented such a person.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes You would be surprised at how many non-religious households and people have read the bible. My mother was a non-practicing catholic. I wasn't interested in religion until I took up Wicca in college. When I first read the bible, I was 12. My mother was married to my Step-Father at the time and he is a muslim.

I read anything with printed words I could get my hands on. I enjoyed it as literature, as inspiration and for the actual history that is in parts of it. It is a beautiful book. I have read it in total several times.

I read most of it yet again in college in a class called "The Bible As Literature". And just like wanting to find companion books or prequels/sequels to my favorite books, I have read the Gnostic Gospels and works that were said to have just been removed from it.

There is a lot to be learned from it. Not reading the Bible, to me, is like skipping Shakespeare.

My middle name is Veronica, both for an elderly aunt and St. Veronica. She offered her veil to Jesus to wipe his forehead as he carried the cross, risking her own life to help another. I take that very seriously.

Thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thank you for your sincere story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join