It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Jesus and the Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Many like to think that the stories in the Bible are made up. There are many reasons to do so.

Some are just born into households where no one believed in God.

Others grew up in families where they distorted the Bible, and not really knowing what it said, they became atheists.

In fact religion is the #1 reason of atheism.

Nevertheless, if one ever took the time to really read what it says they would be taken aback.

No, I don't mean, read critics, or religionists. Just read it.

I have read it before. And have been again...

The story of Jesus, the way he lives, the words he says, how he teaches, his love of humanity, his gentleness toward women and children, his rebuke of religious leaders, his understanding of the poor, his love for sinners.

His unerring loyalty toward his Father and God in heaven Jehovah. His perfection, the way he spoke, the things he did. The compassion he felt for the people.

How he healed the lame, the sick, the blind, because he wanted to.

Once a leaper, a person with a contagious disease, which at its later stages causes distortions in the human flesh, found Jesus. And he, even though he broke protocol, because he was to call out: "Unclean, unclean!" if around people, he approached Jesus and said:

"Lord, if you just want to you can make me clean."

Did Jesus rebuke this broken and sick man? Did Jesus try to make a showy display of his abilities?

No. He just felt love for the man, love for the human, and said, with tender affection:

"I want to! Be made clean."

And he was healed, because of his faith.

Can you imagine having a ruler who had such tender affection for the poor and lame, and diseased. And not only the desire, but the power to do it?

Once when walking down a road he saw a funeral procession. And he noticed a woman, a widow weeping and walking beside her dead child. Her husband had died leaving her a widow, and now her child.

What did Jesus do?

He felt compassion for her and said to her, with tenderness and with conviction: "Stop weeping."

And the manner with which he carried himself got the attention of the procession with her as he approached the bier he was on. Then with authority he said: "Young man, I say to you, get up!"

And the young man got up and started to speak. Can you imagine the joy of his mother, and the awe of those around him?

No wonder today, people imagine such stories are made up.

But this man, who was like no other man who ever lived did exist.

He had power over sin, and death. He healed the lame, the sick, the blind, he expelled the demons, and he raised the dead.

And he never took credit for it himself. He always gave praise to his loving heavenly Father Jehovah for all that he did.

Bare with me a little more, if you have read this far.

There is much that I want to tell, and this is very little. And I know of your doubt and arguments.

Jesus' friends Mary and Martha had a brother, Lazarus who got sick. And they sent for him. But he delayed. And when Lazarus died, then Jesus set out for them.

Now he told his apostles that Lazarus was sleeping. So they said, then he will get better, they did not understand him. So he told them plainly, that Lazarus had died.

Notice he did not say that he had gone to heaven, or gone to a fictitious Hellfire (that is never mentioned in the Bible). He likened death to sleep.

Why is that? Because he had power of death.

And when he approached Mary and Martha and saw them crying, scripture said that Jesus spirit moaned within him, and he started to shed tears.

You see, he had empathy, and even though he knew what he was going to do, he still felt for their feelings.

Likewise, today when we are hurting and are in pain, our Father Jehovah, and his loving son Jesus, moan with us, they feel our pain, and although they know it will soon be over, they empathize with us. Jesus can perfectly, because you see, he emptied his spirit body as the only-begotten son of God, and became human, and lowered himself in humility to taste the human condition.

Then Jesus went to the tomb of the dead man Lazarus who had been dead for three days and was already stinking, and told them to remove the stone. And then he prayed to his Father Jehovah, to let everyone know from whence he got his power:

(John 11:41-44) . . .“Father, I thank you that you have heard me. True, I knew that you always hear me; but I spoke on account of the crowd standing around, so that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: “Lazarus, come out!” The man who had been dead came out with his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them: “Free him and let him go.”

Can you imagine having such a ruler over mankind?

He was showing what he could to when he came into kingdom power. And he will now very soon.

At that time all human governments will come to an end. And he will establish a righteous government over all the earth.

Just as the angel said to Mary before he was born:

(Matthew 1:21) . . .and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.
edit on 27-6-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

As an atheist:

Jesus kicked ass.

If there was a single religion, run according to what Jesus said, and who actually lived those values, all Atheists would probably move over in a heartbeat. So would the agnostics and the Jews and everybody else for that matter.

Jesus as portrayed and quoted, wonderful man. But, there's a reason he got killed and it wasn't because of his divinity, it was because he was a true leader, not interested in power.

All spirituality aside, everybody could learn something from the words spoken by Jesus.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So the truth about Jesus and the bible is exactly what the bible says about Jesus? Um, thanks? Not sure why this thread was necessary in that case, you're not presenting anything new.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Once in a while, a reminder is needed.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So the truth about Jesus and the bible is exactly what the bible says about Jesus? Um, thanks? Not sure why this thread was necessary in that case, you're not presenting anything new.

When the crowds gathered together to listen to Jesus he spoke with authority, as no man ever had. And he treated them with kindness, like they had not known.

Does that mean they wanted the truth?

No.

On one occasion it was getting late and Jesus knew that if the crowds, which were over 5,000 men plus women and little children had been with him a couple of days and they were going to go hungry.

So Jesus asked his apostles what food was available and they found a child that had a basket, perhaps for sale, with "five loaves, and two fish."

After saying a prayer of thanks to his Father Jehovah, he took that food and fed the entire assembly gathered together with him, perhaps more than 10,000 in total.

Afterwards those same people looked for him.

Was it for spiritual enlightenment?

Far from it. Jesus saw that they were looking for selfish gain, and did NOT care about the miracles they were seeing.

And thus he spoke to them by means of illustrations.

And when his apostles asked him, afterwards, why he spoke in such a way, Jesus replied:

(Matthew 13:13-15) 13 That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I have no issue with Jesus or his message, I was just hoping for something a little more original from reading the title.

Good luck with your thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I have no issue with Jesus or his message, I was just hoping for something a little more original from reading the title.

Good luck with your thread.

Jesus came as the light of the world, and to start a fire.

He told his apostles clearly:

(Matthew 5:14-16) . . .“You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. 16 Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens.

What were you expecting aside from the truth from God's word?

It is the light of the world. And Jesus started the fire and it continues, among those who follow him, up until our day. In fact Jesus made this promise:

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
this is why i don't really care for religion, because most of the people in organized religions are not living Christly principles in their own life. they are hypocritical. i am not religious, but i do practice the golden rule, and it has never steered me wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blondegiraffe
this is why i don't really care for religion, because most of the people in organized religions are not living Christly principles in their own life. they are hypocritical. i am not religious, but i do practice the golden rule, and it has never steered me wrong.

You are blessed then.

And it is true, that mostly, religion is false. And those who adhere to it have no idea what they are doing. It takes real digging.

In fact even Jesus stated that the road to life is a narrow one, and not very many people will ever find it:

(Matthew 7:13, 14) . . .“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah I thought that I didn't just expect a boring sermon.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah I thought that I didn't just expect a boring sermon.

(Luke 4:16-21) . . .He then went to Naz′a·reth, where he had been brought up, and according to his custom on the Sabbath day, he entered the synagogue and stood up to read. 17 So the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him, and he opened the scroll and found the place where it was written: 18 “Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free, 19 to preach Jehovah’s acceptable year.” 20 With that he rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were intently fixed on him. 21 Then he began to say to them: “Today this scripture that you just heard is fulfilled.”

You mean a sermon like that?

You know what happened after Jesus told those people that they had just seen that prophecy fulfilled?

They tried to kill him by throwing him over the edge of a cliff.

Did you know that?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm happy you believe in the bible as the word of God, but you aren't bringing anything new to the table whatsoever. I've read the entire NT multiple times and some of the OT as well, I'm not really in need of a refresher. Maybe some are in need, and if so good job, you've refreshed them on what they already believe.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I'm happy you believe in the bible as the word of God, but you aren't bringing anything new to the table whatsoever. I've read the entire NT multiple times and some of the OT as well, I'm not really in need of a refresher. Maybe some are in need, and if so good job, you've refreshed them on what they already believe.

You are in good company. Since I was young, I too read his word. Many times over.

And I will remind you of this text:

(James 1:22-25) . . .However, become doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is. 25 But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Also not the truth but opinion.
People throw the word truth around far to often nowadays.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Also not the truth but opinion.
People throw the word truth around far to often nowadays.

I noticed that too.

Notice never will I mention what I say is truth. Only God's word. For I know nothing. Just as you know nothing, and my neighbor knows nothing.

But one thing is true, God's word.

What I say matters little in this regard. And thus this thread about Jesus. Because he lived at Jehovah's side for billions of years, at least, maybe more.

Scripture shows us that Jehovah made the universe, and humankind itself for Jesus, and that what Jesus was fond of was out of all creation was humankind.

We should never forget that, nor that Jesus' loves us, more than human understanding can go.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There's about fifty arguments against the bible for why it's untrue, usually drawn from common sense and fact checking. For instance, everyone was getting crucified back then and Jesus was a common name. There's one argument for the Bible and that's, well..... uh, faith.

It's like I can go purchase a gun, load it, hold it to my temple and pull the trigger. I have faith my brain will not be blown to the wall. If I fact check, I will understand HEY, I probably shouldn't do that because I WILL FREAKING DIE! Some stuff has no room for faith. Or I can go buy a lottery ticket and pray real hard I'll win the lottery, in reality I'll just end up broke.

On the other hand, I've seen too many crazy things on psychedelics to not believe in god, at the same time I've seen too many things to believe a god that was created by human perception. If you consider a human's HIGHLY limited perception, it's totally ignorant to say something is true or untrue.

The webs we weave. Jesus was a pretty cool dude, though.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Jesus is virtually the perfect archetypal man and his teachings are of great value to the world. Whether he actually taught much of what you attribute to him is debatable as I believe he was a gnostic.

Gnosticism was a teach that the early church fathers wanted eradicated from religion. Food for thought after you read the Nag Hammadi scrolls. These are invaluable to any religious person because the vatican didn't manage to get its hands on them and alter them into its idea of what dogma should be.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

15 People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. 16 Likewise, let your light shine before men,

Although they didn't have the internet back then it has meaning today imo, for sharing what we know about the truth of what we see as coverup and conspiracy out there in the world of media.

If you know the truth about some issue or event shine light on that, exposing the lies for all to see.

Put your light on a pedestal so everyone can see it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The biblical errors in your OP, along with the rose-colored glasses you're wearing, tells me you either haven't even read the four gospels, or you need to read them again.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think the bible is the memoirs of a mad indian whose friends had the same problem as he did. Too many dumb people existed. Why do you think they keep referring to their followers as "sheep?" So they decided to take out their anger in words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join