It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embracing Spiritual Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In order to reach the next "stage" of this crazy game we're all playing, we need to evolve as spirits.

Honing ourselves against adversity we need develop beneficent traits like kindness, compassion, empathy, and forgiveness. In short we need become the light. But for many of us caught in the day to day grind, this goal often escapes our notice.

Too often we get caught up in stolid routines of the physical realm and cease evolving on a spiritual level. Trapped in inanity we succumb unto the proclivities of consumerism, materialism, and other egocentric behaviors that keep our higher selves from growing strong.

This pattern we need break, and the best way towards doing that is waking up each morning with a set of goals in mind:

Today I shall endeavor to become a better person.

Today I shall strive towards improving myself.

Today I shall let go of everything holding me back.

Today I shall do everything in my power to accrue positive karma.

Goal-setting on a metaphysical level is one of the easiest ways to focus on the real prize of life--the chance to develop as a conscious spirit and approach nearer a state of perfection. But this is one thing that most people neglect.

As nothing in life matters more, ATS'ers, I ask you: What techniques are you using to evolve as a spirit? And what are some of the biggest obstacles holding you back from achieving that goal?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Years ago I found that finding periods in my day to chant was helpful. As my days became more and more active it was difficult to find the time to do so. So what I did was rather than setting out a specific time or duration for chanting, I began to chant short, quiet deep little hummmms low in my throat that vibrate in my upper chest Ommmmmmmm, quietly to myself. This process has helped me 'center' spiritually through out my life.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

As nothing in life matters more, ATS'ers, I ask you: What techniques are you using to evolve as a spirit? And what are some of the biggest obstacles holding you back from achieving that goal?

I'm currently reading and enjoying:

Practical Mysticism, by Evelyn Underhill
source: www.gutenberg.org...

A text that I intend to read over and over, until it thoroughly sinks into my thick subconscious mind.

edit on 26-6-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think you're right that having some kind of daily mindfulness practice is crucial.

Whether that's chanting or meditation or something like yoga or taiji, evolving as a person means constantly returning unto the moment to reevaluate your current self.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Awesome book, thanks for the recommendation.

I'm partial towards The Four Agreements for general living, and Qigong Empowerment for meditation techniques.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Are you a NSA agent running a survey to find out how to break ATS members when the quantum computers go into operation during JADE HELM that are designed to become a miniature version of YHWH's omnipresence ?

This is why the third series of the TV show 'Revolution' was cut (Oct 15th 2015). The 'nanites' are soon going to take over (Nov 5 2015) and they are programmed to know what a person thinks before the person decides what option to take 'Minority Report'.

Every alternate reality (film 'Butterfly effect') that a spirit enters will soon be a 'Hunger Games' realityTV victim for the elite to drool over.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Tristran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

I used to subscribe to the theory that we are spirits trying to evolve upward by developing beneficent traits but I'm not so sure I do anymore.

What if we actually worked our way downward from omnipotence and perfection for the sole purpose of experience?

I won't pretend to know how an omnipotent being thinks but I'll imagine that, as an omnipotent, perfect being, one could simply imagine an experience and know it through and through.

What if the goal was to shut off our omnipotence by being born a deaf and blind human who knows nothing except their environment so that we could partake in experience without knowing exactly what was happening each step of the way?

It would seem that it would effectively make the experience more real going through it in such a way. It would also mean that it doesn't really matter in which way we experience our reality, because all experience would be valid, both positive and negative.

Therefore your assertion that nothing matters more in life than evolving spirit is merely subjective because we are already perfect as our higher selves.

There is certainly nothing wrong with that train of thinking, but I do wonder if this is all really just a game we set up as our higher selves and play out as our lower selves. Maybe everything we do, whether its meditate and work on our spirituality or strive for material gain is equally relevant in the grand scheme of things.

new topics

top topics

join