It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The C C C And Why Is My Tax Dollars Funding Them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Group That Fueled Dylann Roof’s
Hate Is Subsidized by U.S. Taxpayers

The outfit that inspired Charleston’s alleged terrorist is listed by the IRS as an organization to ‘primarily promote the common good’—and therefore pays no taxes.
By David Heath and Carrie Levine, Center for Public Integrity

Alleged Charleston gunman Dylann Roof wrote that he was never the same after discovering a website with “pages upon pages of these brutal black on white murders.”

The pages that left Roof in disbelief were the product of a white-nationalist group subsidized by American taxpayers.

The Council of Conservative Citizens Inc. is listed by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit organization that promotes social welfare, also known as a 501(c)(4). Such groups pay no federal taxes, a form of government subsidy. As the Government Accountability Office, Congress’s investigative arm, noted, tax exemptions “have the same effect as Government payments to favored taxpayers.”

The council is now under fire for allegedly inspiring racial hatred in Roof, a 21-year-old high school dropout. He is charged with nine counts of murder.

Tax-exempt social welfare groups are supposed to “primarily promote the common good and general welfare of the people of the community as a whole,” according to IRS documents.

The Council of Conservative Citizens explains on its website that its members believe “that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character…. We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

Commentator vid of the above. take note of the flag in the back ground of their office.
Compare this to the defunding of ACORN which was a community group dedicated to helping poor folks that so enraged the Right that the weak kneed Dems pulled the plug on a totally bogus charge.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was thinking of the CCC that used to build campsites, but then I remembered it was the Civilian Conservation Corps.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This is just a observation .

But if being declared a nonprofit organization is a form of supplement . Wouldn't that make every citizen that takes a deduction on their taxes supplemented ? I mean I don't for a second like that organization's stance. But using such a broad brush when claiming supplement makes that claim a very weak argument. But I agree it makes a far better headline in sensationalized terms .
edit on 24-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Agree 99.999999%.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sorry but even if they truly are 501(c) status non-profit (which I seriously doubt they are) you're tax dollars don't do a thing for them. Nice nothing to get foaming at the mouth over though. Take a wild stab at what gets said about you in certain radicalized mosques across this country (just for an actual, real life comparison, not muslim hating), who also are 501(c), and realize unless you're a member buying something from or donating, it doesn't mean squat. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If you're Puerto Rican, its a variation of the three S's.

Chit, Chower and Chave.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
These people are not using your tax dollars and I seriously doubt they make any taxable income either. My softball team is a 501c so we can do fundraisers and such. We don't make money other than cover fees for tournaments. You are not paying anything for my team nor are you subsidizing this organization.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.rightwingwatch.org...

Let's see here:

A whole page of information.

You know PACs (Political Action Committees) are 501(c)s too.

And while they don't get 'direct' support from the taxpayer, the taxpayer indirectly supports:

The CCC is registered by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit, which means it is subsidized by the government through tax exemptions and is meant "for the promotion of social welfare."

mic.com...

Social Welfare with comments in public for the public like this one:

"The American people and government should remain European in their composition and character," the CCC states. "We oppose all efforts by the state and other powers to weaken the structure of the American family through toleration of sexual licentiousness, homosexuality and other perversions, mixture of the races."

From the same source.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Must be a popular topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If these outfits were tax paying entities, they would still spend money on the same agendas.

And the taxes paid would simply fund other government extreme policies anyway.

Not much difference.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Can of worms? Meet tin opener.

Tin opener? Meet can of worms.

Hee haw.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You think this is bad??? You should read up on the Tax Exemption Requirements for Churches and other Charitable Organizations 501(c)3.

How anyone can possibly say they live up to those Requirements in staying Tax Exempt is beyond me. Yet they are everywhere, doing what they do, tax free and nobody seems to bat an eye.

Hell, the CCC probably learned how to leverage the tax system from the church in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I thought it was crybabies consolidated consortium, in which case, that still is a bad way to spend my tax dollars, good thing I don't care because I cheat on my taxes anyway. Oh crap, I am so screwed now.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If these outfits were tax paying entities, they would still spend money on the same agendas.

And the taxes paid would simply fund other government extreme policies anyway.

Not much difference.

There is a big difference actually and one has nothing to do with the other. An organization who is allowed a tax exempt status under requirements in which they don't actually qualify for is a problem regardless of how those tax dollars are to be used or misused if they were being paid.

If tax dollars being misused justified the illegal practice of tax fraud then the IRS would never win any case against someone who was caught defrauding them. Unless of course you can show me a time when Government has ever not misused some of it's funds collected in taxes.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

The Council of Conservative Citizens Inc. is listed by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit organization that promotes social welfare, also known as a 501(c)(4). Such groups pay no federal taxes, a form of government subsidy. As the Government Accountability Office, Congress’s investigative arm, noted, tax exemptions “have the same effect as Government payments to favored taxpayers.”

Not to derail the thread, but the GAO only says that because they believe that all of our wages are their property, and that we only get to keep some of it because they "allow" us to.

They have the wrong mentality.

That said, [sarc]this group sounds like a real winner/[/sarc]

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If pants-on-head retarded groups like the Church of Scientology and the Westboro Baptist Church get 501(c) status, I'm not too worried about a "conservative" group getting the same. There are plenty of organizations out there that abuse 501(c) status.

top topics

join