It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma/Law of Attraction: "Condemn not, lest ye be condemned"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Karma, also called Law of Attraction, is The Universal Law. The energy you give, is what you get. If you shine Light, then you will see Light because your surroundings will be brighter. If you plant grapes, then you will get grapes - not bananas.

If you find faults in others to condemn them, then you will be condemned. People who like to judge others make many enemies who judge them in return. People who forgive, are more likely to be treated with the same kindness by others.

Finding reasons to love others and to appreciate them rather than to find faults and condemn, not only makes the ones who are loved and appreciated happier, but yourselves. Finding things that are good in others rather than pointing out what you perceive as flaws makes you happier, because now you are seeing and appreciating the work and power of Goodness in the world and therefore have more Hope/Faith and Optimism.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Karma is not the same as the 'law of attraction'.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Law of Attraction says that positivity creates a positive life and negativity creates a negative life. Like attracts like.

Karma says that negative actions lead to negative consequences and positive actions lead to positive consequences.

It's the same idea of Like attracts Like, that the energy you give is the energy you get back, it attracts like a magnet, just explained in different ways.
edit on 24-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Karma, also called Law of Attraction, is The Universal Law. The energy you give, is what you get. If you shine Light, then you will see Light because your surroundings will be brighter. If you plant grapes, then you will get grapes - not bananas.

If you find faults in others to condemn them, then you will be condemned. People who like to judge others make many enemies who judge them in return. People who forgive, are more likely to be treated with the same kindness by others.

Finding reasons to love others and to appreciate them rather than to find faults and condemn, not only makes the ones who are loved and appreciated happier, but yourselves. Finding things that are good in others rather than pointing out what you perceive as flaws makes you happier, because now you are seeing and appreciating the work and power of Goodness in the world and therefore have more Hope/Faith and Optimism.

I hear your points.

But we have to be careful about extremes and focus on balance as well.

For example, the point of those spiritual ideas is not to avoid ALL anger, or all judgement, or all condemnation. Sometimes those can be necessary. "True" spirituality should never mean not being able to analyze reality, actions, and individuals in order to learn lessons.

Moreover, sometimes personal boundaries and or justice may require "judging" people. This may not equal hating them, and shouldn't. But we do need to recognize when someone for example is abusing us. We SHOULD judge that.

We can judge that a power that is committing genocide needs to be stopped, and judged, and possibly given serious consequences.

All the karma will mean and all "do unto others" means in this setting is that we better be willing to submit ourselves to the same standards that we put out, not that we should have zero standards.

If I think that it is okay to give harsh words or even cut off a friend that backstabs me or steals from me, then I better be ready to accept the same treatment if I do the same actions as that friend.

This is all that Jesus meant by "Judge ye not, for the measure that you mete out shall be meted out to you."

Sure, that is fair. But it wouldn't be fair if I judge the same friend's action of stealing from me, and then some random stranger judges me for something totally random like not wearing good fashion.

Another example. A person decides to go after my six year old child. I duly react and beat down that person to protect my child. Universal law of self-defense. It would be unjust and ridiculous if the universe returned that to me by having a RANDOM person attack me physically, not in self-defense. So it is the same with energy and "judgement."

If that were the nature of the law, it would be unjust. Theoretically speaking, the "energy I put out" and get returned should be commensurate with the nature and context of the original energy, not just simplistic "negativity" or "judging."

edit on 24-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Why do people commit genocide? Because they condemned another race as being inferior. If they did not condemn, but instead accepted others and kept peace, they would not have an excuse for genocide. The condemnation which caused them to perceive the other race as inferior was the excuse they used for their " justification" of their violence.

They condemned, and therefore they were condemned, and wars were started...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Why do people commit genocide? Because they condemned another race as being inferior. If they did not condemn, but instead accepted others and kept peace, they would not have an excuse for genocide. The condemnation which caused them to perceive the other race as inferior was the excuse they used for their " justification" of their violence.

They condemned, and therefore they were condemned, and wars were started...

This is true to a degree, in some cases. There is also in-group out-group bias, a psychological phenomenon, fear, propaganda, greed, all kinds of things.

But again, you are painting it as too simplistic brother.

You are also using an extreme example to attempt to paint condemnation and judgement as never okay. Sometimes they are.

We condemn genocide, as you just did. And we have laws and agreements that we shouldn't do it (judging), and condemn those who engage in it.

At times you can be peaceful and accept them, but they don't and will attack you. At that point you can defend.

Also, sometimes it is irresponsible and enabling to NOT judge or intercede. We should not "accept" and be at "peace" with a neighbor while that neighbor begins a genocide of an ethnic group.

There is nothing wrong with judgement and condemnation, as long as it is judicious, spiritually and ethically driven, enlightened.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with judgement and condemnation, as long as it is judicious, spiritually and ethically driven, enlightened.

But almost everyone believes that their condemnation is ethical and spiritual.

Isis believes that their condemnation is righteous and spiritual; so did the Nazis who wore the words "Gott Mit uns" meaning "God with us".

Condemnation causes feelings of superiority over others, because when people condemn they feel superior to the people they are condemning; and it's that same feeling of superiority that leads to things like racism, homophobia, and genocide.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

No one has written anything anywhere.

You are the Maker of your destiny.

You alone are responsible, so awake,
arise and shape your end as you like!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Yes, in this moment, Now, we have the freedom to choose to be peaceful and kind or condemning, and unkind. We can be kind, express kindness, and make friends and a joyful life through kindness or create endless drama for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, according to the law of attraction -- you attract what you think/do.

So if you're always craving/wanting something, do you know what you're going to manifest? More wanting and craving. The "law of attraction" is misguided, misrepresented, and a dishonest way to present co-creating your reality.

As for Karma? I hear that the Karmic system was used in India to keep the rich wealthy and the "understandable" class untouched. It was some kind of Vedic hierarchy to keep the poor people happy with their lot in life. "Just keep doing good things, and good things will come back to you! Keep smiling and be a happy little undesirable!"

And you have to remember that if karma exists (the do good and good will come back) -- good and bad are MAN-MADE high abstractions. The universe doesn't necessarily have the same idea on what is "good" or "bad" as we humans. We can't even agree what kind of pizza is best (New York or Chicago).

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

But almost everyone believes that their condemnation is ethical and spiritual.

Isis believes that their condemnation is righteous and spiritual; so did the Nazis who wore the words "Gott Mit uns" meaning "God with us".

Condemnation causes feelings of superiority over others, because when people condemn they feel superior to the people they are condemning; and it's that same feeling of superiority that leads to things like racism, homophobia, and genocide.

And "just trying to get along, not judge, and not condemn or do anything" has often led OVER and OVER again in history to people not doing anything while people ARE experiencing racism, sexism, genocide, invasion, corruption, etc.

What you are failing to recognize is that it is often good people and citizens who "just want to be at peace and not have any troubles" that sit by while the very problems you brought up are happening nearby, such as other peoples being oppressed. This is well documented in history.

Unless you are willing to go to the level of "there is no right nor wrong, all is illusion," which you may, then it is completely impractical and in fact irresponsible to have zero judgement.

As I said, unless you are willing to go there, we judge some things as unethical or unacceptable:

Murder
Child abuse
Genocide
Slavery
Etc

I've been where you are before brother. I recognize that you are on a spiritual high right now. But I sincerely believe that mature spirituality is not naive glossy eyed overly positive viewpoints. It's well balanced, and judicious. Theres a time and place for everything.

All philosophies, including the one you are presenting, must be subjected to "does this apply in all circumstances and is it comprehensive?" If not, and if there are exceptions, then it has to be expanded, altered, or thrown out and a new hypothesis that is more comprehensive.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I am not saying non-compassionate behavior doesn't exist. I'm saying that condemning others leads to feelings of superiority and justification to harm and abuse others, in other words, the condemning of others is used as a justification for that non-compassionate behavior. I'm talking about the type of mindset that causes that type of behavior (actions).

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'm saying that condemning others leads to feelings of superiority

Be careful. When you get the impression that one things leads to another thing, you shouldn't take that to mean its a universal truth... The most you can about what you're talking about it without it being nonsense is youve noticed a trend of people feeling superior in their condemnation of others... But what you cant say without it being untrue is it happens universally... Or that its some kind of law of psychology.
edit on 24 6 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes, overall but in reality, Higher Up Hero's thank everyone here, and consider everyone a hero and are more into, counseling them, having them grow their understanding and let go of the slavery and programming of this realm, and understand that no matter what they did or went through, the whole universe learnt everything with them, though didn't approve of this situation, this dark side trap or realm or way of learning. But they are honored and loved just the way they are and will be healed. so never ever stop believing in the power of love and forgiveness because this crap is over for absolutely everyone.

So, faults, being upset at someone, in a world like this, understandable. Not even going to judge them.

As for the asshats running this: Well, F's were given, so they seemed to have gotten judged to some extent, and good nardings are really coming their way.

Balls of Steel - The Ultimate Nutshot

We're all going to be grading them, they don't know it yet apparently, nor does the Saturn vipers get it yet. Let the nardings begin, the pipsqueaks should turn themselves in for crimes against all souls, and ask for some major help, because they suck. And we're all entitled to those judgements on the elites here and the predator asshats they serve.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Imo, you have to condemn some things: overt crime and violence against innocents, greed and neglect of the poor, war mongering, greed of the rich and other crimes against humans.

Though one should try to keep a mind against self-righteousness since we are frail humans who can fall into the things we condemn in others.

The point is to condemn objective evil and try to stop it not to feel superior but to relieve suffering of others

3 levels of fighting evil are:

Hate it in your heart

Condemn it

Remove it if you can

top topics

join