It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 images that prove that we are in danger.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Not that most of us didn't know this already, some of these images are just wrong.

We are killing ourselves and our planet slowly(?) but surely.

I live in eastern Washington and it's going to be 105 on Sunday..Unheard of here..

Take a look at these images, really take a look...
bizlifes.net...

Surfs up dude! Blah....................

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

If this gets posted again I wouldn't be surprised.....Not that these pics speak for themselves, but it seems I see this exact thread pop up every couple weeks!

Oh well, I guess the point is still the same no matter how many times this gets posted

Here is one thread....There are many more on the same topic...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/24/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Scenes like these should be a wake up call for humanity but few will change anything about their lives to help the situation. We like our produce available year-round, beef on demand, electricity when we flip the switch. It's too inconvenient to walk or ride a bike anywhere so we keep driving the gas guzzling SUVs.

Struggling economies in 3rd world countries have little choice to but to raze the local natural resources to pay for loans from International banks. There is a madness in the world that has made man the center of the universe, we want what we want and damn the consequences. If we had to live with those consequences things would change but we just move on and find a spot less spoiled, set up house and ruin another place before we move on.

No so long ago most people in the US were farmers. They owned the land and they cared for it since it was passed down to them and they in turn would pass it down to their children. As the rich get richer and the poor worse off fewer and fewer are actually able to own and land or a house and we're fast becoming a Nation of renters which is only speeding up the cycle of wealth transfer. The wealthy can move on but for most the choice is no longer there. At some point not far down the road even Americans will be sifting through landfills looking for anything to help them get by.

The only sane choice imo is a gradual reduction in population. The Earth is not infinite and we are bumping on the corners of survivability right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I saw this article the other day and you know what was missing?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Population reduction is an exercise in futility until we change, and we force government and the corporate world to change.

A "sustainable" population, while still under the same old system, and the same old ways of thinking, is not an incentive for those at the top of the food chain who have done everything in their power to exacerbate the problems we face today, to change. Change has to be from the top to the bottom. Not the bottom to the top.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Not that most of us didn't know this already, some of these images are just wrong.

We are killing ourselves and our planet slowly(?) but surely.

I live in eastern Washington and it's going to be 105 on Sunday..Unheard of here..

Take a look at these images, really take a look...
bizlifes.net...

Surfs up dude! Blah....................

Even Mad Magazine saw it coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

What a pretty picture this is...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Little will change. Most people are more concerned about the immediate bubbles around them and the things that drive them to survive than what's going on outside the blinkers.

We cannot change things by looking at them, pointing and informing, we can only do it by "being" and "living" them to show just how powerful influence can be.

Humanity is ignorance, that's why we have changed so much in the blink of an eye. We are part of the catalyst igniting a fire that can only end when it has run it's course and ended in ashes and starstuff......right where we started.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Had to laugh at #26 (not at the others, although the dead polar bear #23 doesn't seem to be undernorished, and that would be highly doubtable as it feeds in the water, and there is still enough food left in it), because those are cooling towers, and the clouds coming from them are... clouds. of water. nothing else.

The furnace in the middle is off course another thing, but the picture plays with the massive amount of white clouds for effects. And that is just wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This thread needs a song...
and lyrics to read...

Eve Of Destruction Lyrics
"Eve Of Destruction" was written by Sloan, P. F..

The eastern world it is explodin', violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, what's that gun you're totin'
And even the Jordan river has bodies floatin'

But you tell me over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

Don't you understand, what I'm trying to say?
Can't you see the fear that I'm feeling today?
If the button is pushed, there's no running away
There'll be none to save with the world in a grave
Take a look around you, boy, it's bound to scare you, boy

But you tell me over and over and over again my friend

Yeah, my blood's so mad, feels like coagulatin'
I'm sittin' here just contemplatin'
I can't twist the truth, it knows no regulation
Handful of Senators don't pass legislation

And marches alone can't bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin'
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin'

And you tell me over and over and over again my friend

Think of all the hate there is in Red China
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama
Ah, you may leave here for four days in space
But when you return it's the same old place

The poundin' of the drums, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead but don't leave a trace
Hate your next door neighbor but don't forget to say grace

And you tell me over and over and over and over again my friend

www.metrolyrics.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hello! I haven't written any thing for ages. This brings me out of retirement. I didn't know things were so bad. Times are terrible! People need to stop having so many children. People need to reduce, reuse, and recycle. All those rubber tires, plastic computers, and scrap metal can definitely be recycled. The diamond mine needs to be refilled with dirt. Can't people buy deceased and divorced people's used diamonds? What about man made cubic zircons? Who could tell? People need to rehab in the urban sprawl, and reuse and resale clothing, furniture, cars, etc.... Recycle and compose your wastes.
It takes work but we can make important changes to the environment. Maybe a "turn lights off" regulation at ten o'clock in all cities would be a waste reducer. A mandatory, one hour each Saturday, pick up the trash in your community and along beaches, roadsides, parks, etc.... I picked up glass and metal and beer cans at an abandoned 300 year Southern cemetery in my community. I couldn't believe someone dumped their trash in an old cemetery! The recycling station was only 1/4 mile away too. One person can do a lot, but it's not fair for so many to be irresponsible. Everyone must contribute to cleaning up. This is a great wake up notice. Try to get it posted on Yahoo's home page.

edit on 24-6-2015 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Does my 2001 gas guzzling SUV driven 4 miles to and from work, 5 days a week cause more harm than the aircraft in the sky? AIRFORCE 1 AND 2? All the debris floating from Japan to out Pacific Coast beaches? Gross polluting classic cars ? Trains....or China's industrial complex?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Great. Think I'll drive my car into the hills, chop down a tree, set it on fire and shoot at something.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Should do more to clean up - making laws that punish won't work like they need to.

So instead of focusing on punishments, they should focus on rewards....

Company who gets fined, will build that into their costs. Company who's rewarded will find a way to pull that extra income in, even if it's in the form of tax relief or other benefits.

What's the old adage? "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" ?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I doubt the accuracy of what some of those photos claim to be describing. The lignite power plant for instance. The white plumes are steam. They would have the reader believe that it was a combustion product that you were seeing.
The clear-cut Canadian mountain top. Well, they practice sustainable forestry. Which means when the cutting crews are done another crew comes behind them and replants. They simply are not following the example of the rainforests.
And a waterfall running off an ice shelf means nothing. Where was it taken? What time of year? Is it perchance the leading edge of an advancing glacier?
That sort of media is just trying to scare people. They need to provide hard information. Not just scary pictures.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Also, tires are recycled, mostly. That's why you can't just dispose of them in most dumps. The image, again without any context other than something to horrify the reader, is probably of a temporary storage area of some sort. Not a graveyard.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I dont want to be THAT guy but we've already screwed the planet, we've passed the point of no return, and we shouldn't be asking the question 'How do we save the planet or stop it from dying' we should be asking 'Okay, how the hell do we save ourselves when the planet decides its had enough'.

Unless the planet is completely shattered and its pieces are pulled into a black hole this world will still be here when we're all dead and gone. The sad fact is, the damage is pretty much already done and the idea we can change it is laughable at best. For all the changes we make to what we do with our rubbish, turning off lights and taking our TVs off stand by etc. China, the US and a ton of other countries are doing worse just building more coal burning factories etc. We're screwed and we gotta hope that when Mother Nature decides it's time to get treatment for the plague of humans that's crawling all over her then we're in big trouble.

(I'm going through depression so the above paragraph might just be a little pessimistic but I stand by my point, Damage done)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Life goes on and on and on
If you think it's all gone wrong
Go on and on and on

Life's a con, a con, a con
If you think you can't go on
Go on and on and on

But always remember
This is the happiest day in your life

Go on and on and on

Go on and on and on

But always remember

And as the years, they move along
I see it now, there's something wrong
'Cause life is for always
Take your time

Who cares what fools say
I don't mind
'Cause this is my day
I'll live it my way
Today, there's just today

Go on and on and on

Go on and on and on

But always remember

Alright

Link to lyrics

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I would have included pictures of Africa, Afghanistan, profit prisons, the fact that the biggest economy in the world also has the most income inequality and tens of millions of people who can't find steady living wage employment, the California dust bowl, and the garbage patch.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Aliens, take me away like Calgon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join