It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 8 Minute Surgery That Will Give You Superhuman Vision. Forever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

Now, wouldn't that be just lovely... spending a summer night outside with a nice big glass of Coke, looking up and seeing the stars in such clarity... damn. That's something I need to do.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I wouldn't count on this changing the world much.

Aaaaw,......... party pooper.

After normal cataract surgery, fifty per cent have to go back at some time to have a laser blast to clear the implanted lens . The Fred hollows foundation, goes around giving the miracle of sight back to people, but I don't hear anywhere where they go back and give all those that cloud up, the follow up procedure . I wonder if this lens has to have the same.I'm getting jaded with the whole setup, its plenty of spin, but nothing much gets delivered.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I sometimes wonder if it IS those types of early science fiction that inspired these people to come up with stuff like this. They grew up, learned science, and one day thought, "I wonder if I can make that!?". Pretty cool to think about how much of our technology today might be inspired by science fiction.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
I'm ready. Does it take HD Video and images too?...Lol

Cameras in our eyes = happy NSA

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
I'm ready. Does it take HD Video and images too?...Lol

That will be the next eyephone.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Oh my, just imagine the mother inlaw at 3 x resolution!!!

Obviously you haven't met my mother-in-law

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

My wife and I were just discussing that there is a long for us we don't want to cross when it comes to cybernetics, but when super vision is within our grasp, we'd both be lining up for it. My LASIK from 10 years ago still has me at 20/10 vision, which is awesome, so I wouldn't bother with this. Get it to 20/2-ish, though... Hell yes!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
No thanks úll stick to a pair of pocket binoculars... The eye is not made for that level of vision...

People who sing up to this are signing up to become mutants... The eye will strain get diseased and go blind in a matter of years... Mark my words... This idea is foolish...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

It really is amazing.
If it works you could maybe make money out of having a set of eyes capable of what they say.
Anyone got any ideas?.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wonder what became of this eye surgery? Does anyone have any news on it? Anyone tried it? Is it even available? It's been almost 2.5 years since they said, "the Bionic Lens could be available in Canada and elsewhere in about two years".

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Take it from someone who's eye surgery failed and now is one eye short IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT )
Take it From someone who knows many many people who have have corrective vision surgery that now see halos .
m The SIMPLEST FIX IS THE BEST FIX . glasses have worked Not one person has ever had incress health problems useing the correct type .
Even contacts are a risk they an fuse with the eye now people take eyes that are 20/20 and want to start cutting them adding crap that is uneeded .

You know i am missing a eye and missing half my middle finger on my right hand as well . Frankly i would gladly trad two more fingers for my missing eye back I only had two eyes now one and with the way women react to being touched using brill to see if she is hot is out lol .

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar Sorry to hear what happened to you midnightstar. I guess you're right. It all sounded so easy and so good.

edit on 14-1-2018 by Macdon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Gotta get me some of those, sounds like we are on the verge of A human revolution, Deus Ex ? Augmentations ?

Reality is getting cooler by the day

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I did advertising for an Optical Surgeon and learned that Radial kereotomy was a poor solution (cannot undo the cutting and abrasion), while the insert of an optical device was better and offered the option to upgrade it as your eyesight changed. This looks like a superior solution.
edit on 14-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join