It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 8 Minute Surgery That Will Give You Superhuman Vision. Forever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I had laser

I know it is not the same. AU price $3000 per eye.

Home price €800 all up (lifetime warranty!! if your vision gets back to being worse then -0.5 they will do another surgery completely free!! I had -6.5!)

I couldn't see my face in the mirror anymore and I am only 28.

WORST THING about the whole surgery was that you get to smell your burning eyeballs!!

and this

mods please review picture

Kapusta - cabbage in my language

edit on 23-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

thoughts ?

kap

I *think* he's out trolling for investors.

I *hope* it's everything he says it is, because as I have gotten past my 40s, my eyes are stuck about desk distance, with astigmatism. I'd really like to have the eyesight I had as a kid, or better. And with all the radar and high powered EM work, I'm getting the inevitable cataracts. So this would fix both.

However, I note that he's very sparse with any factual data at all. And looking at his patents, there's nothing in there that really would say how it is supposed to work.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Intraocular Lens Implant (IOL) surgery is pretty common. What's amazing is that it took this long for somebody to develop a lens that gives "super human" vision.

Oh, they've had one. See also: Calhoun Vision.

The difference with this one is that it's accommodating as well as being able to be trimmed to correct higher order aberrations. Supposedly.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Will this be like those flex hoses which purports to work but in actual real world use disappoint and create angry customers?

Somehow I doubt it, but somehow I doubt these won't have problems. They seem to work like contact lenses, don't they? How're they prevented from washing away when someone gets water in the eye?

EDIT: Ok I see this is placed INSIDE the eye.

Well can't say I didn't see things like this coming. We were becoming cyborgs a long time ago. They were making wooden toes in Egyptian times. Ofc, there's a difference between replacing a broken body part with a prosthetic and replacing a fully functional body part with a more functional prosthetic. But we have to make the small steps before we can make the large steps, so it's logical we start with less than functional replacements.
edit on 23-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

they told me at the surgery place that laser does 0.00 diopter

but your brain is naturally used to -/+ 0.5 it has been 1.5 years now the closer it got to - 0.5 the better I saw. hope it makes sense. the sharpness was too much.

when I had stronger lenses than I needed I used to get massive migraines.. so I don't know

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So I guess those who are interested in becoming Optometrists should start thinking of a different career. This will certainly put a lot of those eye glass and lens manufactures out of business.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy

Hmm..do they do one for the ears?

Why would you want a contact lense in your ear?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They already make polarized lenses you can have implanted.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wonder if baseball players would use this....Batter Up!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Looks expensive, but I'm sure Obamacare will cover every penny of it without question.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'd give it a try. Many years back I made the poor decision to get into a fight with three guys.
I served up a few good knuckle sandwiches, but in the end, went to the ground and took a brutal kick to the face.
My left eye has been good for crap ever since.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

ouch that looks scary !

da da da Kapusta !!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
How does this work on Glaucoma?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This can't be good for console gaming! :p

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

So where do I sign up?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm suspicious of anything being implanted, but I'd actually fold for these. My vision is terrible.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well I'm only 16, so I'd have to wait a while before I could get those!

It does sound like a potential revolutionary breakthrough, though. The marvels of technology, eh?

I once read some online article about these eye drops that basically gave you night vision! Pretty exciting.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Truthfully, if the guy owns up to what he's done and a few people in Canada get them to good effect, I'll spend a few months in Canada for a set.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just a quick afterthought from my last post... I wonder if the night vision eye drops I mentioned could be combined with these vision enhancing contacts? Maybe contact lenses that secreted the solution somehow? I've no idea if it's even possible but I'm just curious. Imagine what would benefit from that! Military operations, riot control, counter-terrorism... in theory, it's quite advantageous, no?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tenebris
Just a quick afterthought from my last post... I wonder if the night vision eye drops I mentioned could be combined with these vision enhancing contacts? Maybe contact lenses that secreted the solution somehow? I've no idea if it's even possible but I'm just curious. Imagine what would benefit from that! Military operations, riot control, counter-terrorism... in theory, it's quite advantageous, no?

Only problem with that is when someone shines a light in face whilst wearing NVGs you can rip them off and your eyes will recover normal vision in a while, with eye drops you will have to stop and put some eye drops in to wash them out, pretty messy in the heat of battle!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join