It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Star Wars' actor charged in S. Carolina high-speed chase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Aniken thought he was in the Boonta Eve Race again I think....

WALTERBORO, S.C. (AP) — A former child actor who starred in one of the "Star Wars" movie sequels faces charges after leading South Carolina deputies on a high-speed chase.
Colleton County Sheriff's deputies on Wednesday arrested a 26-year-old man they confirmed through a former talent agent was Jake Lloyd, who played a young Anakin Skywalker in the 1999 movie "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace," Sgt. Kyle Strickland said Sunday.
The man gave his name as Jake Broadbent, Strickland said. The man's birthdate matched the actors' listed by movie database IMDB.com and a hometown of Fort Collins, Colorado, where Lloyd was born.
The man was charged with failing to stop for officers and reckless driving after hitting speeds over 100 miles an hour, Strickland said.

Story

I guess the Force isnt gonna help him get outta this...
edit on 6/22/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Maybe he thought he was back in a pod race?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Poor bugger.

The article states that the fellow has not had an acting gig since 2005, and was abused by other kids after becoming famous in 99' when Episode One dropped.

It is unfortunate that his early stardom has effected him in this way, and that he has fallen into a circle of bad behaviours, which will only see him become less and less happy with his life. Although I personally think that the fellow did a really piss poor job of acting the young Anakin Skywalker, I would not wish the level of stupidity that his recent actions express on anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
so what ?????????

hundreds of " normal idiots " do dammed near identical things every year , and when [ like this ] the incident is resolved without death , injury or proporty damage - the story gets a few words in the local newspaper

so whats different for aledged celebrities ?????

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Was he on a "Speeder bike"?

edit on 22-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sort of like what Macaulay Culkin did to himself lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: macenroe82

Yes.

Although, it has to be said that at least Mr Culkin actually had a career, before he stopped having one! Sure, he played nearly the same part in every big film he appeared in, but whats a kid to do?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i feel sorry for him.
He pretty much got the hatred of EVERYONE as if he was personally responsible for how bad the movie was.
I find it fascinating, how if one person hates another for no valid reason, then that person is a bigot or a racist or whatever, but if a bunch of people hate another for no valid reason, then yah, it's cool.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
He was the best pod racer around guess wheels dont suit him

top topics

join