It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mujahedin Cross Syrian Border (On the way out?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Came accross this link while surfing this morning and have not seen any reference to it on ATS. Does anyone else have any more info on this.

www.freerepublic.com...

They had a link to UPI however that link is no longer active.

Dec. 17, 2004 | UPI
"Brussels-based European Strategic Intelligence and Security Center said in a study published this week that last month's coalition offensive against Fallujah destroyed the Sunni insurgents' main base and its ability to receive foreign volunteers and integrate them into the fighting. As a result many of the estimated 1,500 to 2,000 mujahedin -- mainly from other Arab countries but with a sprinkling of Europeans -- found themselves isolated and are heading back across the Syrian border.

If this is true, what more proof does one need that the insurrgents are not Iraqi's as some claim and in fact mujahedin fighters?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If true, then ths is indeed good news. I say good because given the choices in the equation in play presently, America must finish it quickly and get out of there.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
dixon good? um it lends credibility to the claims of support in syria, its only good if you like war.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Let me explain. I prefaced my post with "If true...". The US is so committed, they cannot pull out. I do not support the invasion and oppression by the US. But, being practical, one side has got to win. The "state of play" covers this. US will never walk away in defeat. looks like Bush will nuke the place before he quits. Given that equation, less fighters would bring about less violence would bring about a quicker end to the BS that's going on. Then the truly good news is that Iraqi citizens can finally go about their lives without the fear of being shot or killed by either side.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
If this is true, what more proof does one need that the insurrgents are not Iraqi's as some claim and in fact mujahedin fighters?

I need more proof the the insurgents are not Iraqi because other news sources say they are.

FoxNews
Coalition forces have detained some 1,052 enemy fighters and maybe more, Regnar told FOX. Some have been identified as foreign nationals, but the majority are Iraqis, according to Regnar.

U.S. overstated foreign fighter numbers in Iraq
"The question of foreign fighters crossing Iraqi (borders) has been exaggerated, given that only 24 of the 1,000 insurgents captured in Fallujah are foreign," Ath-Thawra said.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I hope to god this IS true. Let the situation wind down to peaceful elections and then get the troups out of there. After that I don't give a big rats A$$ what happens.

All i'm concerned about is that my son completes boot camp in February and will be on the front lines shortly after that.

I tried to raise the boy right. I'm a peaceful old hippy pagan who talks of love and light and a brighter way for all willing to just take that chance. He just replies that people like me would have no chance in this world if others aren't willing to fight until the time that fighting is no longer needed.

WHERE THE HELL DID HE GET THAT CRAP???????

Ah well, Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by shots

I need more proof the the insurgents are not Iraqi because other news sources say they are.

FoxNews
Coalition forces have detained some 1,052 enemy fighters and maybe more, Regnar told FOX. Some have been identified as foreign nationals, but the majority are Iraqis, according to Regnar.

U.S. overstated foreign fighter numbers in Iraq
"The question of foreign fighters crossing Iraqi (borders) has been exaggerated, given that only 24 of the 1,000 insurgents captured in Fallujah are foreign," Ath-Thawra said.

All I can say Ace is this appears to be a new source (Non American) of intel and their figures are higher then what others have stated. That is why I asked others if they had read about this info.

Also if the US is not detaining them how on earth do they know how many got away? Both your sources state captured or detained and does not state how many may have gotten away.

[edit on 12/25/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What does it matter if anyone (fighters or otherwise) is crossing the borders out of Iraq?

The resistance still seems to be growing, and attacks are increasing, regardless of reports stating that 'foreign fighters' are leaving.
At least that�s how it seems to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
What does it matter if anyone (fighters or otherwise) is crossing the borders out of Iraq?

The resistance still seems to be growing, and attacks are increasing, regardless of reports stating that 'foreign fighters' are leaving.
At least that�s how it seems to me.

Personally I do not think the attacks are increasing at all. What we are see is selective attacks that are killing more in one attack rather then several attacks

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
its a typical "partisan" guerilla action in iraq.
first you "let" the enemy win, and get comfortable in their "newly conquered" country, and then, after a while, strike where he least expects. its the oldest trick in the book, and it works.
there are guerilla actions all over iraq, freedom fighters from all over middle east are eager to come to iraq to fight the american "crusaders", so dont hope or think for a quick and easy ending to this war drama. its far from over.

but then again, who is under attack here?
if your land was under attack by some "foreign" military force, wouldnt you defend your homeland? wouldnt you call your cousins and uncles to come and help you?

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

join