It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

And when you are face to face in danger and cannot defend yourself, don't go pleading with others for protection by a gun...you gave yours away.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Those other countries took total control and simply used gun propaganda to get it. Try forcibly taking our guns,

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It's not a gun problem. It's a people problem.

ETA: Have you noticed that mass shootings take place in gun free zones? Think about that for a moment. Also, criminals don't follow laws. How do you expect them to follow gun laws? Common sense.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It's a matter of culture

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Those other countries took total control and simply used gun propaganda to get it. Try forcibly taking our guns,

They won't have to take them. Their working extremely hard to brainwash the younger generation that guns are evil. Our grandchildren, and their children will gladly hand them over.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From the outside looking in on america there is a clear idea that crazy people shoot people, psychopaths do this.

Would all people that kill someone with a gun psychopaths? Are all cops psychos (don't answer that 1 ATS cos I already know the response).are hunting accidents the results of psychos. People defending there houses and families psycho.

It's clear to the rest of the world it's the gun related culture you instill into your youth. We must protect ourselves is the usual excuse, from what, people with other guns. Gun lobbyists don't see this for what it is. I have a gun cos I'm scared someone else has a gun. Get rid of the guns, get rid of the fear. You ain't hunting, you don't have a desire to kill people, you don't want to be threatened with a gun, so you get a gun? This is something I can't fathom.

When u have a gun the difference between you being normal and a psychopath is an electrical signal sent to your finger in a split second.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
If you are under threat, do you genuinely feel you have enough time to draw your weapon before the genuine threat shoots you. This very reasoning is the problem, a gun is the solution.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
If you are under threat, do you genuinely feel you have enough time to draw your weapon before the genuine threat shoots you. This very reasoning is the problem, a gun is the solution.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The US is not a Democracy we are a Constitutional Republic and Gun rights are part of our constitution. Even if TPTB did change the constitution the people would speak out in mass. Far to many legal gun owners and lovers of liberty for the progressives plans to actually work.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Sincerely we do not care what you think. When we need advice on skinny jeans or how to come in last in the Olympics well ask.

I can't imagine caring so much about another country. You people are like jealous stalkers.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Marshww because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?"

But the article doesn't show any laws anywhere that were created or changed after mass shootings?

Am I missing something in the propaganda?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
From the outside looking in on america there is a clear idea that crazy people shoot people, psychopaths do this.

Would all people that kill someone with a gun psychopaths? Are all cops psychos (don't answer that 1 ATS cos I already know the response).are hunting accidents the results of psychos. People defending there houses and families psycho.

It's clear to the rest of the world it's the gun related culture you instill into your youth. We must protect ourselves is the usual excuse, from what, people with other guns. Gun lobbyists don't see this for what it is. I have a gun cos I'm scared someone else has a gun. Get rid of the guns, get rid of the fear. You ain't hunting, you don't have a desire to kill people, you don't want to be threatened with a gun, so you get a gun? This is something I can't fathom.

When u have a gun the difference between you being normal and a psychopath is an electrical signal sent to your finger in a split second.

Wow......left is right and up is down. You have no idea what you are talking about. Lets look at your argument would you consider a knife a weapon......what about a car or baseball bat. Criminals do not follow the law and would still have illegal guns especially in a country that was once filled with legal ones.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Yet we have this problem with illegal immigration.
People from all over the globe risking their lives to get into our country full of psycopaths....
Crazy, huh?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Marshww

Lmao. Funny child. I care for your country cos it's going downhill, a once ok country deteriating and dividing. I'm sorry to intrude. Please feel free to kill each other, shoot up schools and churches under the false pretence you need a gun cos of a constitutional right. You understand how pathetic that sounds.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Don't think you understood the line you quoted. Please re read. Talking about how it blamed on psychopaths not gun culture.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Actually they weakened the populations over time with progressive ideals and the symptoms that come with that mindset. It was a slow process that eventually caused the people to give up liberties like gun rights and privacy. Look at the UK they gave up gun rights so why do they need so many cameras watching.........It is a never ending cycle of control and domination. They willingly gave up rights for security and the only thing they got out of the deal was tyranny.

Franklin said it the best if you give up liberty for security you will have neither.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

So to resolve the issue create more guns. Great. Thankyou for your solution. You assume criminals don't exist in other countries for some reason, yet they cope fine. People walk down the street without fear. They know there is a possibility a criminal could attack them and draw a gun on them, but it's highly improbable in a country that doesn't endorse gun culture.its sad america can't even contemplate the world without guns.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It's clear to the rest of the world it's the gun related culture you instill into your youth.

What should be clear to the rest of the world is that we have a culture of violence. Gun, knife, fist, or any other thing used for violence is accepted by our culture. An acceptable way to resolve problems in our culture is violence. We go into other countries and manipulate things to our advantage, often with violence. I accept that critical analysis of our culture in the US. I do not accept that it's a gun problem.

Thanks for speaking for the rest of the world though... I'm sure they are thrilled to have a spokesperson.

From the inside of America looking out on the world I can say it's clear that other countries have no idea what we're dealing with.

EDITED to incorporate your last post:

Why would you be so concerned with America with a whole world to worry about? What about all the countries without a stable government, without protections for the people, and without any kind of structure. If you are really a concerned world citizen then why is gun control in the US really that important? How many people will starve in North Korea due to the drought? Why is "the world" looking in on us with so many bigger problems? Is this really just about crapping on the US?
edit on 21-6-2015 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Marshww

Lmao. Funny child. I care for your country cos it's going downhill, a once ok country deteriating and dividing. I'm sorry to intrude. Please feel free to kill each other, shoot up schools and churches under the false pretence you need a gun cos of a constitutional right. You understand how pathetic that sounds.

The constitution is a document that protects the freedoms you are born with. By your writing style I can kinda tell you are a younger person with a idealistic view of how things really are. Criminal could care less about the law and 99% of gun crimes are committed by felons.

I will say it again the constitution protects the liberties you are born with.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This showed up on my Facebook feed recently, first time I saw it, and it definitely hit home on some of the gun control issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join