It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Reading through this thread I get the sense that some US citizens want to have no gun controls as it is set in the constitution, which is a fair point, the country was founded on this document and ideals and to change this would be hard. Another reason seems to be to protect against government, in the event of some kind of armed uprising/civil war. This I don't understand, you could always vote rather than shoot? It seems a bit extreme to want to bear arms in order to cause or prevent a coup

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Can anyone imagine a U.S, where all the citizens have swords and knives, yet the military and police have the most advanced guns/firepower/tech in the world?

What the heck is that? The citizens in the stone age while the cops/military/"officials" have the most deadly guns in the world??

No. NO thanks.

edit on 24-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

fair point, the civilian police are heavily armed in the US, I suppose gun control would have to include them also, theoretically if citizens were unarmed their would be no reason for the police to be armed. lol, it would be a big step to take

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I already have explained on many threads, we can Kill an abrams with homemade thermite on the bustle rack(Tankers havre the ABSOLUTE WORST security ) I have EASILY pentrated ARMOR areas as a scout ,even though I am old and sick I never fired my service rifle in AUTOMATIC fire as I AIM an hit more accrately.Not to mention I prefer .308 M14 to a pesky little .223 round and I wouldn't be walking for MILES to hit my enemy ,like I did in service. AND I have fired more shots,since service.

IT'S quite strange how most people think that vets NO LONGER are viable combatants after sevice.We can PICK and choose the weapons we like and Fix them up as we please as we FAR better than our sevice weapons EVER could attain UP TO nad including suppressors.WE just do no have access to fully automatic fire...until AFTER we capture it ourselves of course..

I wish you were my neighbor, sir.

ETA- Well, you ARE in my city. I need to look you up, lol.

edit on 24-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join