It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands mark summer solstice 2015 at Stonehenge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
You mean ancient elohim site.
Oh behave with your Hebrew god silliness now.
This is about the solstice.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Purely out of interest for anyone who wonders about the old traditions, I attach a site which does a good job explaining these date and celebrations. www.sacredfire.net...

What fascinates me with today's religions is that they merely piggy-back onto ancient celebration dates and measurements of time. The summer solstice in the UK is sometimes called a quarter day and is linked by the catholic church to St John' the baptist's Day. Provided the date is shared and celebrated by who for whatever reason surely its a good thing as its up to us what we choose to celebrate on these special dates.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Exactly.
Christmas/Winter Solstice give or take a few days.
I bet they feasted for a good week back then in days before central heating and Tesco's...the Sun was coming back again.
It is the giver of life on this planet after all.

*Edit*
I'm off soon to go enjoy a few pints watching the sunset at a bar with my son, being fathers day and all, so happy Solstice folks.
I recommend doing a Stonehenge or Avebury Solstice one day for everyone, you won't regret it.

edit on 21.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Sorry to disappoint your fantasy about some "You people ,.,, are monkeys in human costume etc" but you need to have a good look at monkey/ape physiology and you will see there are major differences between the monkey - hominid and humans. Suggest you inspect the neck and length of the humerous in hominoids, monkeys and man and you will see the difference. Some people might think it an ignorant rudeness or childishness to compare humans to monkeys.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Saturnalia was the beaut for that time of the year with a great deal of fun and frolics an d lasted for nearly 2 weeks I seem to remember reading which would now-a-days be probably considered quite immoral, although some would probably like it reinstated.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
some would probably like it reinstated.

Yep, I'm some folk

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

You mean ancient elohim site.

No.
edit on 21-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: grainofsand

There is a Stonehenge replica in SW Washington. Its called Mary hill and was made to honor WWI vets. Supposedly their is a solstice celebration. I haven't made it to the solstice event yet, but plan to when the kids are older.
I've been out there and its beautiful. Great views of the Columbia river gorge and great acoustics.
I think it makes a great alternative for those who can't get to England.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
That place has no power and does not exist to me..

Ah ha. The fact that you are denying it means it does have power.

I live in Wiltshire and can tell you that the whole landscape has power.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I live in Wiltshire and can tell you that the whole landscape has power.
...and being an annoying twat I'd ask you how that power is manifested so you can proclaim it openly as something real?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
...and being an annoying twat I'd ask you how that power is manifested so you can proclaim it openly as something real?

Get off your arse and take a walk around the ancient Wiltshire landscape, and you may even find your cynical mask is momentarily removed.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I've walked Wiltshire, didn't feel any 'power'.
Does that make me bad?
How do you explain the 'power' of the Wiltshire landscape compared to Devon or Cornwall?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join