It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No it's not OK to eat dogs.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You want to call me a hypocrite because I eat cows and pigs? Go ahead. Because unless you are ok with other people eating humans then you are a hypocrite too.

There are numerous tribes in the Pacific that practice cannibalism....are you okay with the thought of eating human flesh?

Dogs evolved alongside us and were domesticated not for eating but for working alongside us.

Can you teach a pig to become a blind man's eyes?
Can you teach a pig to sniff out bombs and drugs at airports?
Can you teach a cow to track down fugitives in a forest?
Can you teach a cow or a pig to be the hands of a disabled person?

The only way dogs are the same as pigs and cows is in that they are animals too, and in that essence we are animals as well...and if you don't have a problem with eating every animal then surely you don't have any qualms about torturing and boiling alive other humans.
edit on 20-6-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
But....hot dogs are delicious. I don't care what they can be trained to do, they're delicious.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Good rant...can't say that I disagree. Dogs and Cats are companion animals...and they help us humans in so many ways...I definitely don't want them on my dinner plate!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Depends on how hungry you get.

Hombre, 34:20 into here…

Not bad by the way for its time. Worth a look.
edit on 20-6-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

No it's not OK to eat dogs.

Or HORSES either!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I hate to be that guy, but....

You'd be surprised how intelligent pigs are. It's creepy, maybe you're better off not knowing. They are easily as smart as dogs, and are genetically very close to humans.

Pigs are used to gather truffles, they have extremely good sense of smell. I couldn't kill a pig if I had too.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnTheSmith

Hell I felt awful the one time I ran over a squirrel, and to this day I swerve and brake violently to avoid them. If it was a desperate situation I could kill an animal but on a daily basis? No way.

But I would hate to see a farmer go outta business because nobody was buying his wares.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
You want to call me a hypocrite because I eat cows and pigs? Go ahead. Because unless you are ok with other people eating humans then you are a hypocrite too.

There are numerous tribes in the Pacific that practice cannibalism....are you okay with the thought of eating human flesh?

Dogs evolved alongside us and were domesticated not for eating but for working alongside us.

The only way dogs are the same as pigs and cows is in that they are animals too, and in that essence we are animals as well...and if you don't have a problem with eating every animal then surely you don't have any qualms about torturing and boiling alive other humans.

Yes

Can you teach a pig to sniff out bombs and drugs

Yes

Nope but you could teach a pig to do that .

Nope not a cow, but you could teach a pig they are very intelligent creatures .

I side with you completely against eating dogs. History channel had a special on dogs, One thing they said stuck in my mind. Humans did alright on their own in prehistory. But once they teamed up with dogs there was no stopping mankind. It is mutually beneficial relationship. We would not be where we are today without that relationship .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Our American heroes Lewis and Clark and their company of men ate dogs. Plus, Lewis had his personal dog along for the entire trip. The Indians thought their eating dog was funny. But then, the guys had a rough time of it and about starved at times.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So who gets to pick which animals we get to eat?

I don't eat dogs, I do eat pigs, however it should be noted pigs are just as intelligent, if not more-so than a dog.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I couldn't imagine eating a dog. It would be like eating my best friend.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I fully agree here not because of my background of lifestyle choices but because of the inhumane actions involved*. Also, want to make it know many citizens in China and people from other places are trying very hard to stop the slaughter of companion animals that is going on in that country. They should very well be applauded for their courageous efforts, not forgotten here.
*Some way want to compare that to American factory farm slaughter and especially that of horses, but these even unsanitary practices in China have been mostly not investigated by officials and unregulated by the country.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
"There are numerous tribes in the Pacific that practice cannibalism....are you okay with the thought of eating human flesh? "

Yes. Most of these tribes eat the flesh of those who have already died for other reasons. That is their belief and if all concerned are OK with it who are you to judge?

"Can you teach a pig to become a blind man's eyes?"

Its been done.
petcaretips.net...
scienceblogs.com...

"Can you teach a pig to sniff out bombs and drugs at airports? "

Yes
www.ncjrs.gov...
boudicabpi.wordpress.com...

"Can you teach a cow or a pig to be the hands of a disabled person? "

See above

"The only way dogs are the same as pigs and cows is in that they are animals too, and in that essence we are animals as well...and if you don't have a problem with eating every animal then surely you don't have any qualms about torturing and boiling alive other humans."

Go to India and eat beef in front of a Hindu....see how far that gets you. Point being that different people/cultures view different animals in different ways.

Given your lack of research on this topic I don't suppose explaining things further will garner any positive gains

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Borrowing here but...

A dog may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the mf'r.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I stopped eating pork but otherwise I agree with you..
I'm still very German so I gotta get that Beef..

Pork started seeming too humanly. fleshy. like. to me.. I don't like eating salty, humanish, almost give me headache, realize I am eating flesh, type meat.. Give me bloody cow steak instead.. Rip through that with my teeth, and tear, and blood and yum..

Otherwise I start getting sick. (without meat)

Besides Pigs are creepy in their intelligence. Not sure when this happened in relation to me not eating pork anymore, I think it was after I stopped, but I saw some commercial about pig farming (I stay in North Carolina for now).. And I saw the pigs' eyes.. Whoa man.

I think I would like to try a wild hog though. Would be more humane if animals could live free, and then die all the sudden, without the stress of being trapped.

edit on 20-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
and I dont believe in evolution so I disagree with your premise.

If things got tough and there was only dog on the menu then dog it is.

I understand your distaste for the issue but

Just because you have strong feelings for a subject doesnt make your opinion valid.

Indians from the sub continent worship cows and would consider your argument invalid.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Good rant...can't say that I disagree. Dogs and Cats are companion animals...and they help us humans in so many ways...I definitely don't want them on my dinner plate!

I disagree with cats I think they are delicious
jk lol

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

I stopped eating pork but otherwise I agree with you..
I'm still very German so I gotta get that Beef..

Pork started seeming too humanly. fleshy. like. to me.. I don't like eating salty, humanish, almost give me headache, realize I am eating flesh, type meat.. Give me bloody cow steak instead.. Rip through that with my teeth, and tear, and blood and yum..

Otherwise I start getting sick. (without meat)

Besides Pigs are creepy in their intelligence. Not sure when this happened in relation to me not eating pork anymore, I think it was after I stopped, but I saw some commercial about pig farming (I stay in North Carolina for now).. And I saw the pigs' eyes.. Whoa man.

I think I would like to try a wild hog though. Would be more humane if animals could live free, and then die all the sudden, without the stress of being trapped.

Wild hog would be healthier.Understand that domesticated pigs are very dirty and full of parasites.Youtube coke pork and you will see what I mean

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
and I dont believe in evolution so I disagree with your premise.

If things got tough and there was only dog on the menu then dog it is.

I understand your distaste for the issue but

Just because you have strong feelings for a subject doesnt make your opinion valid.

Indians from the sub continent worship cows and would consider your argument invalid.

I would rather die then eat my dog..Your disgusting.My dog.is a part of me.I would not eat my own arm would I?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Sooo your argument is if we can't use it abuse it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join