It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No it's not OK to eat dogs.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Dogs are incapable of evil.

I disagree. It may be rather rare, I'll give you that, but I have met one that was straight up evil. This dog would attack anyone for no reason at all. He was spoiled and overly pampered. He had to go to the vet for grooming so that they knock him out to groom him because he would attack.

He came from a line of show dogs whose temperament eventually kept them out of the show ring. Bad breeding. Physically perfect, vicious even as puppies.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

OP doesn't care about lambs, only dogs.
Lambs can burn.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

I disagree. It may be rather rare, I'll give you that, but I have met one that was straight up evil. This dog would attack anyone for no reason at all. He was spoiled and overly pampered. He had to go to the vet for grooming so that they knock him out to groom him because he would attack.

He came from a line of show dogs whose temperament eventually kept them out of the show ring. Bad breeding. Physically perfect, vicious even as puppies.

I think the animals personalities vary just as ours do. You find all kinds.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
piglets are friends too

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You can say the same for Bears but, no one bothers to complain against hunters. Dogs are carnivorous as Bears. Same thing with Cats, Wild Cats, Raccoons, Wolves(they are dogs too), etc.

When you got to eat, you got to eat. Hey, Lets make Dog population rise and kill the rest of the animals, just like Egypt. Dogs are no Bear, or Rabbit. They can't eat vegetables so they can't convert.

Life is Life.

edit on 21-6-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

"too smart animals"

I hope you've never had bacon in your life

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

Important announcement...Cats are not on the menu around me!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Totally agree that eating dogs and other too smart animals is repulsive... but then I haven't often been that hungry. Hunger turns most humans to lower order animals in mere days.

That is one of my big gripes with the state of our being... whether designed or happenstance, our dependence on other living things for energy is repulsive... and makes ego-maniacal narcissists of us all.

That said, if I died and my doggy was hungry, I'd be fine with her snacking on me. I'd think she would be okay being food too, if roles were reversed.

I'm hoping for the day when our cells are fed by little nano-machines using ambient or solar energy... or at the least, artificially constructed food... but I fear I have too long a wait.

I don't think it turns us into 'lower-order-animals'.
We are inherently driven to keep living as long as we can. It's not an issue of being higher or lower than anything else. We are compelled to eat if we can, and hunger is uncomfortable for a reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

But that's a temper defect due to extensive inbreeding, like most show dogs. And it was perpetrated by humans for our own pleasures or desires. It was not evil on the part of the dog, it was just due to faulty wiring imposed by it's degrading genetics.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: pfishy

thank you for sharing your story

what I was so impressed about is your extremely high level of intelligence yet u seems to be so normal(? not sure if that would be the correct term).

is just my perception nothing more :/

ah last thingit seems u don't laugh enough or it is hard to make u chuckle

No, I laugh quite a bit. I just don't tend to share my sense of humor much because I'm rather cynical and I prefer not to offend others if I have a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join