It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there Spirits, Ghosts, or a Paranormal Entity In My Room? (Pictures)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blujay
a reply to: Skywatcher2011
Being sick is not a sign of possession! Any illness is just the release of an energy that no longer serves you.

Also, the vast majority of 'possessions' do not involve other entities. They are the misplaced, lost and shunned parts of the person being 'possessed', coming to the forefront for the love they haven't received.

Possession does not have to mean that you get all exorsist on everybody.

Anything that goes into the body is a form of possession.

You are what you eat.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blujay

i agree with the first part of what you said. But the second part is incorrect. You're talking about mental issues basically. Which may or may not be demonic in origin (although I suspect that they are--especially in cases of personality shifts and other major psych issues). But even still, if it's just a divide within the person due to a lack of love or something then that sounds more like oppression. Possession means possession. As in by another entity. A separate consciousness that is not your own. You can't possess yourself because you're already you.

a reply to: deadeyedick

no...thats ingesting something and making it a part of you by taking its energy and using it. Possession isn't a part of you because it's a separate entity.

Nothing you eat can make you unclean--it is what comes out of you that makes you unclean.

The only thing you can eat that will possess you (temporarily) would be some sort of psychoactive like mushrooms or something. And that's only until they leave your system--because they have a spirit. So unless it has sentience and a defined will I don't think it can possess you.

You can be possessed by the holy spirit--and if you are then nothing else can possess you. Things can certainly oppress you. But they can't jump you. So that's one solution js
~

edit on 21-6-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

the terms like mental issues and diagnosis were only invented to cover up for the fact that we live in a giant pac man game.

not every possession is agressive and many work on you over time.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

oh, I agree. Especially with the last sentence of your post. Evil can def be insidious.

But mental things can be caused by genetics, socialization, predispositions, biology--and spirituality. A combination of all of those. So, they do exist. They are just difficult to define because everyone is different. Which is also why psychology recognizes that having a belief/religion is so good for people--it has statistically been shown to greatly improve outcomes.

There's a bad stigma on mental stuff, but that's only because we are still struggling to understand it. And because psychology largely chooses to ignore god, understanding it is nigh on impossible. It's just when mental stuff gets out of hand that it needs treatment--it has to fit the 5 D's. Actually, psychology doesn't hide the fact that the world is messed up. In fact it does blame the world for creating some of the issues that we face currently.

Like Terence Mckenna talks about with the shamans: how in the past schizophrenics and stuff would have been seen as maybe spiritual leaders--but I sort of disagree. Schizophrenia, in my opinion, seems to be a confusion of sorts. Like they can't differentiate between reality and spirituality. Which opens up all sorts of opportunities for unclean spirits to mess with them--thus driving them into full on insanity. Interestingly enough, I've never met a schizophrenic who believes in god or jesus. (but I've only ever met two so...idk if that means much lol)

Because insanity definitely exists. And psychology is working very hard to be understanding and open and accepting of people.

Evil exists. Thus mental illness exists. And thus murder exists. And poverty. Crime. Sadness. Hurt. Anger etc. etc.

Psychology does NOT say that people who are different have a mental illness. It recognizes that people can be eccentric--(meaning they're still normal and not nuts--but are abnormal compared to 'normal' people).

But yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is that while the DSM does put people into boxes, it does it for the right reasons. Psychology is a pseudoscience.

I know I'm defending it (I'm a psychology major :X) but I do recognize there are issues with it--which is exactly why I'll be taking my psych degree to law school. I personally can't see myself entering the field of psychology anymore for the issues that you stated above. It would go against my morality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join