It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Privilege? Cop Admits to Shooting Wife in the Head, Released From Jail In Less Than 24 Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Oh, I actually expect he will. They'll stall and waffle a while so it's out of the news, IA will report that it was according to policy, a few more eye witnesses will show up, maybe they'll cover it over with qualified immunity and voila! dropped charges, a grand jury that doesn't indict or a nol pros, and down the road he goes.

Even if it goes to a grand jury and they do indict, my suspicion is that they'll drop it to a misdemeanor and suspend the sentence so he can go back to work as a LEO.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Oh, I actually expect he will. They'll stall and waffle a while so it's out of the news, IA will report that it was according to policy, a few more eye witnesses will show up, maybe they'll cover it over with qualified immunity and voila! dropped charges, a grand jury that doesn't indict or a nol pros, and down the road he goes.

Even if it goes to a grand jury and they do indict, my suspicion is that they'll drop it to a misdemeanor and suspend the sentence so he can go back to work as a LEO.

You are right to speculate, and in a correct way, stuff like that has happened before, on and off camera, and police lie, the system requires them to lie about their own wrongdoings, just like the policeman who killed that youngster in the other thread. The truth seldom matters.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What would be nice is an end-result summary on all the Posse Comitatus threads. It falls off the radar and it's gone.

Hell, even with PACER or whatnot, it's sometimes really difficult to determine what happened after the hoorah stops.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Blue privilege not much different than green privilege not the same but they do protect their own much like doctors and other professions I'm sure.

a reply to: reldra

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well folks, it should be obvious. She resisted arrest and "came right at him" so he had to shoot her. Can't you see that?
A woman in a bathtub is dangerous. She could have thrown bubble bath in his eyes and blinded him. He was just protecting himself so he could go home to his family.....uh, he was protecting the rest of the world from this dangerous woman!
This story is even better than the GA cop that "accidently" shot his sleeping wife with a gun under his pillow. At least that poor woman survived the shooting but is left paralyzed.
www.11alive.com...

Another misdemeanor and out on $5k bond, after months of "investigation".

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think if had been my daughter , her husband would probably have the same kind of accident, I would have him over while I was "playing with guns with my buddy while he was in the shower.
Do you think that would work for my defense? I didn't think so either. But that might be the only way to stop these things from happening.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Another misdemeanor and out on $5k bond, after months of "investigation".

It's likely this guy will get the misdemeanor charge with probation no harm done tut tut thing as well.

It's on my list of 'what happened' that I keep up with just out of curiosity.

But he resigned, so no harm no foul, she should walk it off, so to speak, right?
edit on 18-6-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There are a few things about this one that bother me right off the bat. The first (and most obvious of course) is the broken wedding band on the floor.

The second is the fact that another man witnessed the woman getting shot in the head.... while she was taking a bath?

But what I find most curious of all is... how do you perform CPR on someone in a bathtub?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

But what I find most curious of all is... how do you perform CPR on someone in a bathtub?

Put your hands on the middle of her chest, and shove her face underwater.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah, the only thing I can think of that makes sense if it WASN'T truly intentional, is maybe he and his cop buddy were screwing around (he IS quite young), and maybe they were like, "hey, let's play a joke on my wife and scare the hell out of her while she's in the tub," which then went horribly wrong. Or maybe that's their story?

Something very wrong with this.

It looks very suspicious especially with the wedding ring. From the snippet on the OP its hard not to think this as being a case of BROS before HOs where the second deputy witness is covering for his BRO.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I'm just wondering... how to break a wedding ring?
edit on 19-6-2015 by matt1893 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: matt1893

Most wedding bands are made of precious metals, like gold, silver, and in the rarer instances, platinum. Precious metals tend to have two main features. First, they do not tarnish when exposed to atmosphere, like iron does for example. Second, they are softer than the less precious metals. This makes them easier to work with, to form, engrave, and finish. This also means that they can be easily bent, scratched, and indeed broken. Obviously, softer metals bend easier than others, and so they are less likely to break because they can take more force before reaching a notional shear force threshold.

That said, a significant force being applied in a very short space of time, would be capable of shearing most of the materials of which a wedding ring is made, aside of course from any set stones which might be present. Those tend to be very hard, like diamond for example.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Only two possibilities here one he murdered her on cold blood and buddy is lying. Or the second would be the o b lyrics way i can think of that it really was an accident. He was taking pictures of his wife posing in the bathtub with a gun. And it was still loaded. Which means the 3 of them had a very close relationship so to speak. If pictures did exist he could use those to clear himself but most likely they wouldn't be made public.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: matt1893

I'm just wondering... how to break a wedding ring?

The fires of mount doom, my preciousssss....

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

a significant force being applied in a very short space of time,

Say, like for instance, a bullet passing through her hand as she holds them in front of her, pleading for her life?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TrueBrit

a significant force being applied in a very short space of time,

Say, like for instance, a bullet passing through her hand as she holds them in front of her, pleading for her life?

Maybe. Maybe he bought her a really cheap ring.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That is one possibility. Another would be the ring having fallen on the floor, and rolled between the bathroom door, and the frame, at which point the door could have been slammed upon it. It could have been dropped on the floor before the death, and trampled underfoot during the initial phase where rescue was allegedly attempted.

There are many possibilities here. Which is most likely however, is something I cannot comment on, given the paucity of available data which would be probative or suggestive.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Where are these body cameras we keep hearing about?

Tamper proof, live recordings should be streamed to a third party for independent review. This can help validate or contradict the "official" report given by those involved.

EDIT: Cop confusion and lack of morning coffee.

edit on 19-6-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

How could he have been a responding officer if he supposedly witnessed it?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Sorry, Murphy was already there.

The other officers that arrived on the scene.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join