It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let It Be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I wanted to share with ATS how I pray each morning to God. I wouldn't necessarily call it a prayer and I wouldn't necessarily call it God in the traditional sense, but it is essentially the same process in which many other folks from many other paths start their morning.

First a bit of background. I grew up in the Christian church and while it no longer is my path, I didn't end up ashamed of my roots or feel as if I received no value from my traditional religious upbringing. In fact, I don't think I could be who I am today without that experience and education so I am grateful that I was given that opportunity. However, as I matured I became more attuned to an Eastern philosophy that includes a belief in karma, reincarnation and meditation (although I don't consider it meditation in the traditional sense).

Now, back on topic. I begin each morning with an informal affirmation or prayer which is something like the following. "God, please help me to be the best I can be today. Help me learn from each person I meet and offer them something they need in return. Please help me to be wise in my choices and honest in my dealings with others. May the blessings be."

My whole philosophy is don't ask for specifics. Always ask for help to do my best. Always ask for opportunities to learn from and help others. I suppose the most important part is at the end where I say 'let it be' or something similar. It is all about being open to the possibilities of the day and not trying to close down opportunities by being selfish and specific.

I guess The Beatles had it right when they sang 'Let It Be'.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Anytime I am feeling down, I play that song. I think you have it right and it's very similar to how I start my mornings as well. Let it be.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Remember this thread the next time you feel the need to insult me. lol....
I must just rub you the wrong way, huh?

But being marginalized as a "people like you" by so many on ATS, I have grown to expect it and it really doesn't matter anymore.
In fact I take pride in thinking outside the box and exploring the lateral mode of thinking.

www.ideaconnection.com...

edit on 18-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Cool..

You just hit me up with perfect timing..

So I guess your prayer worked for me at least.

Thanks my man. You devil you.. lol

edit on 18-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I consider you to be one of my 'challenges' in life I need help with, lol.

It isn't always easy to live up to our own ideals.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thank you all for your responses. I am certainly not perfect, but I do have renewed hope to be a better person each morning.

edit on 2015/6/18 by Metallicus because: fix

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your peace / piece.

No body is perfect, not one human soul is near perfection or anything close to it.

Each one of us, is a paralell from the other, different expression coming from the facet of self persona.

We are all thinking, learning, adjusting, adapting, expanding, developing - Minds - which inhabit a biological body, just to make it more interesting eh.

I belive, if everyone practiced to be the BETTER version of them self, the collection of the Human species then, would be near flawless.

Perfection is not seen in a piece of the whole.

Perfection is the entire whole connected and flawless as One.

Cheers
edit on 19-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: olaru12

I consider you to be one of my 'challenges' in life I need help with, lol.

Well, we can certainly agree on ....

It isn't always easy to live up to our own ideals.

And I do respect and appreciate you for your opinions a lot more than those purely driven by partisan agendas.

I too need a counterpoint to my admitted left of center slant. And you provide me with that quite well...!!!

Peace

edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I like it. It's similar in spirit to the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.

www.catholic.org...

new topics

top topics

join