It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, gee: the Democrats are ‘rebranding.’ AGAIN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This story is pointing out the recent efforts by Democrats to somehow "rebrand" themselves.

Apparently the slaughter last November was too much to bear and bury.

I say this will only work on staunch supporters and won't convince the ones who are abandoning the Party in droves.

With candidates like Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders heading up the frontrunners for 2016 so far, I think Democrats need to consider a complete party name change. They also seem to keep on using the same old failures that got them into trouble last year.

But of course, Obama is the biggest problem.

A name change might actually fool more voters !!!

What are they doing?

Oh, gee: the Democrats are ‘rebranding.’ AGAIN

Let’s unpack the important parts of this bit about the Democratic Party’s latest rebranding effort. First off:

In the months since their party took another electoral beating and lost the Senate to Republicans, senior Democratic strategists have launched a major effort to rebrand the party, after concluding their message no longer inspires voters who turned out to elect President Obama but sat on their hands during midterm elections.

The rebranding project is being led by Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.)…

OK, stop there. Steve Israel was head of the DCCC in the last election cycle: which is to say, he managed to lose about twice as many seats as many people privately estimated. It took real skill to do that, that cycle: the GOP was already enjoying a commanding lead in the House. So, yeah, perfect choice there (sayeth the partisan Republican hack). Moving along:

Wednesday’s meeting comes a few months after a group of polling and communications experts briefed House Democrats at a retreat in April. At that meeting, Pollock, along with strategists Anita Dunn, Doug Thornell, John Lapp and Jim Kessler…

What Else Can Go Wrong for Democrats?

edit on Jun-17-2015 by xuenchen because: [_ ...---... _]help

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't exactly call it a slaughter when only 1/3 of Americans voted. Why you people consider that a victory, I will never know.

When more Americans go out and vote for the presidency it will be a different story.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mid term elections tend to be a protest vote.The results of presidential elections don't follow on from mid term elections. I think the GOP has settled on legislative control instead of being in the White House. The Democrats took this pragmatic approach in the 1980's under Reagan watch.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos
Wouldn't exactly call it a slaughter when only 1/3 of Americans voted. Why you people consider that a victory, I will never know.

When more Americans go out and vote for the presidency it will be a different story.

Like a Jeb Bush landslide?

All he needs to do is pick an Hispanic politician as his VP and away we go.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Part of me would love to see another bush win the white house, boy oh boy will the excuses be gold.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good to see you on track for you propaganda piece, a slaughter lol, how many people voted, how many seats did the democrats lose, must have been the quietest slaughter in the history of man.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

A "didn't vote" is a failure.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A failure on both sides, 2/3 didint vote, how many seats again was it that the dems lost, must be a high number right.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

They need to change their name.

A crisis is a terrible thing to waste.

(post by sirChill removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

Isn't that katie couric

Maybe I am missing the point of the picture.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Whens the last time you answered a question, but you never forget the smiley face, i dont know about you but dididnt some people in the gop start a thing called the tea party, oh and how many seats again, i am sure you have all the facts, why not post how badly the dems got slaughtered.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

A "didn't vote" is a failure.

It was the lowest voter turnout since WW2 the "didn't vote" isn't a failure it's fact.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Then you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

They need to change their name.

A crisis is a terrible thing to waste.

Why do they need a name change? Look at how many people have thrown their hats in the ring for the Dems compared to the number for the Repubs if any party is having a crisis it's the Repubs. Oh yeah that is what happens when you have two parties running under the same name.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Its a handbag by lewinsky .

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

With the GOP pushing the Trade-Bill-That-Cannot-Be-Read-Or-Named, I'm not too happy with the GOP right now.

Not that I'm giddy over the DNC, either.

And I'm too tired to become Canadian.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Is there anyone in the gop that is similar to Ron Paul, he would have gotten my vote if i was american, i also like the jib of bernie sanders, he nearly makes me believe hes for real, just like ron paul did.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Then you have nothing to worry about.

I don't have anything to worry about because I'm not stupid enough to believe the people actually vote in the President. The Electoral College votes in the President well that is except when the Supreme Court isn't giving the Repubs the win.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: beezzer

Is there anyone in the gop that is similar to Ron Paul, he would have gotten my vote if i was american, i also like the jib of bernie sanders, he nearly makes me believe hes for real, just like ron paul did.

Paul and Bernie are the same, just giving us the illusion of "difference".

Apologies.

Feeling quite discouraged right now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join