It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible prove its NOT the authority as the word of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I think we are all on our own personal hero's journey.

It involves lots of rupturing of old ideas. old ways of coping, and realization that things believed sometimes turn out to be falsehoods.

I believe things I didn't even think I did.. Odd fears coming out of the back of my mind.
I've been running too long so it's a bit much. Wake up call.

So in the meantime to keep up I love threads like this..
it's good to not feel alone.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

This is a respectable response!

I agree with what man has turned Christianity into it is very hard to be apart of the church. I for one have not been to church for years for this very reason. But I pursue my own relationship with the creator as it was intended. I dont buy into the whole God only created us and I don't believe the bible tells us that either. Its like raising a child... You dont tell them everything thats out there because you know its going to scare the ever living hell out of them. You only give them enough information to let them develop and then as they grow you begin to reveal more and more to them as they reach a higher level of understanding. We are definitely not alone and from my experiences there is more to our world then what we can see...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the response. My point being do you feel you would have derived at the same conclusion without your indoctrination to begin with. History shows you will (wind gods, fire gods) but as you are clearly "mentally free", do you think you would assume a GOD without being told about the notion of God with our current understanding of the world. I have faith in mankind and believe you, like many others that question what they hear, would not.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

So the sins of the few define the lives of the many.... Have you ever read the teachings of Christ in detail? He talks directly about this speaking that many will come in my name but I will not know them for they are far from me!

I have read the teachings of Jesus, and the Quran and Torah. It's a shame most Christians have not read Jesus's teachings as most may be Christian by name but defiantly not by actions.

As they are far from truth and have little understanding of Religions! I have study many in Depth and you my friend know as about a grain of sand on a florida beach!

I believe in Science and you probably have as much depth about that as a grain of sand in Florida!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

" so the sins of a few define the lives of many".

Please say you read this before you wrote it.
The reason you have sin is because of Adam and Eve (few) which has dictated your morals ( as you would say) sense of being and stupidly the notion of free will.

Also there are many references where jesus was not all love and peace, promoting isolationism and tribalism. I won't quote because all you have to do is open a bible. I'm gutted you don't use your own method of analysing yet encourage others to.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not only are there unfulfilled prophecies in the bible but the prophecies supposedly fulfilled by Jesus were agenda driven by the fact that:

a. They went out of their way to mention them

and

b. All of those supposed fulfilled prophecies have no contemporary supporting evidence outside of the bible.

To say that what's written about Jesus in the NT is proof that earlier prophecies from the OT came true is like saying foreshadowing in a movie is proof that the movie is divinely inspired. It's all one book and work with an agenda behind it.

S&F

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

Also there are many references where jesus was not all love and peace, promoting isolationism and tribalism. I won't quote because all you have to do is open a bible. I'm gutted you don't use your own method of analysing yet encourage others to.

He might be a scarier character than any other in the bible.. I was just reading the bible the other day just to have something to do. I don't want to quote or say anything because my understanding of the bible is not great, but it seemed Jesus was the one who kills basically everybody... Well except those who are meek and have weak spirits.. They get to stay on the earth... Lol... Luke warm.. Spits you out.. But if you have spirit he eats you??? Uhh.. what??

Talk about being screwed no matter what you do..

And yet I do find god in the bible.. It's just a bit murky trying to find Love in all the fear..

It's my instinct to mistrust anything that wants me to fear it. Show me your awesome power over time in doses, but make me fear you and be obedient?? I think you have a rebellion on your hands at that point.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

This is a respectable response!

I agree with what man has turned Christianity into it is very hard to be apart of the church. I for one have not been to church for years for this very reason. But I pursue my own relationship with the creator as it was intended. I dont buy into the whole God only created us and I don't believe the bible tells us that either. Its like raising a child... You dont tell them everything thats out there because you know its going to scare the ever living hell out of them. You only give them enough information to let them develop and then as they grow you begin to reveal more and more to them as they reach a higher level of understanding. We are definitely not alone and from my experiences there is more to our world then what we can see...

To expound on this I believe a relationship with God is the same way. When you become a Christian its exciting and new! You feel great and want to share with everyone. Just like a baby that is smiling constantly just happy to be alive. But then you start to grow learning scriptures and stories that someone tells you.

And here is where people stop! This is where we get the Westboro Baptists of the world! People stop growing the relationship. They Stop learning and trying to understand by asking the hard questions. I find that alot of people stray from christianity because there is no where to fill this gap! No one is pushing people to learn more to question their faith within the church! No one to push people as we push children! So we enter the terrible 2's where people stray and without proper guidance they rebel from God and call the Bible false and Blasphemy...

Then there are a few who push themselves to strive to know more... Those who ask the hard questions and as they grow their faith is quite often shaken. But they dive harder and God reveals himself to them not in just scripture but in their lives! And as we grow through adolescence we begin to understand who God truly is and what is being asked of us. A relationship with the creator to walk day in and day out knowing that you are loved and have a purpose. To hold faith in what is unknown but at the same time to question what you do know. To question everything just like a child!

Christ often spoke of faith like that of a child... I know he didnt mean blind faith but rather do what a child does and ask what seems like stupid annoying questions over and over and trusting in the answer. That is what faith is about! Questioning Everything and being satisfied in the answer. That is how I know I am on the right path not because some book tells me but because when I ask the answer always leads back to the same place! My relationship with the creator! This is the essence of a true Christian! Not the Church, Not the Sermon, Not the communion, but it is of your chosen relationship with the creator through which Jesus the Christ showed us by laying to the side his mortal flesh.

Each person has their own path. I just encourage those that wish to dispute something to put forth evidence of the contrary. I am all for growth but conjecture is just that conjecture... Just because the OP has no evidence to back up his conjecture does not mean I have to go and refute what I know to be false. It is not my responsibility to prove the truth but rather the responsibility of those wishing to question the known belief to have fact filled evidence to prove otherwise which the OP cannot do. As his methods are in error and he chooses to deny.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Saw your thread thought I would reply. There a reason why the bible makes no sense to you. Here it is.

Malachi 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Matthew 17
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

The problem was that John the Baptist wasn't supposed to die. Essentially the first century Jews botched the first century Apocalypse.

So after doing the work I figured out the curse. It's a bad one.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

In killing John the Baptist the 1st century Jews triggered a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse that's still running. The Apocalypse got pushed back 2000 years.

This is why the Bible makes no sense. It's unfinished.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I think you'll find that the Westboro Church fanatics are a bunch of lawyers who sue at the drop of a hat anyone who try's to block their protests. It's a money making scam using religion as the tool!

With regards to your point about Christians being excited about their Religion and want to share like a new born baby, let's show the skill of empathy and how would you feel if for example a born again Muslim wanted to share their beliefs with you and that you are an infidel for not following Islam?

For those of us that do not follow any man made relgion, we put up with this nonsense on a daily basis from all religions. I think this thread has proven that even those of us that do not believe in man made relgion, still have a relationship with God, just not the same hateful god portrayed in all the Abrahamic religions!
edit on 17.6.2015 by flammadraco because: Or to of

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

He might be a scarier character than any other in the bible.. I was just reading the bible the other day just to have something to do. I don't want to quote or say anything because my understanding of the bible is not great, but it seemed Jesus was the one who kills basically everybody... Well except those who are meek and have weak spirits.. They get to stay on the earth... Lol... Luke warm.. Spits you out.. But if you have spirit he eats you??? Uhh.. what??

Talk about being screwed no matter what you do..

And yet I do find god in the bible.. It's just a bit murky trying to find Love in all the fear..

It's my instinct to mistrust anything that wants me to fear it. Show me your awesome power over time in doses, but make me fear you and be obedient?? I think you have a rebellion on your hands at that point.

Ahhh your speaking to the Sermon on the mount: Mathew 5: This is a list of Blessings and something for people to strive towards. This was not a literal Meek inheriting the current earth scripture, but stating that those who are meek will find favor in God and will be blessed.

Also Psalm 37: a Poem written to enlighten and bring up the spirits of Gods people.

These are nothing to be fearful of...

Now the book of Revelations talks about the destruction of people and civilization as we know it. I find this to be less fearful the more I study it. Compare it with the Prophecies from Daniel and it will become more clear. There are also many books that are not contained in the bible that also help to paint the picture.

I personally believe that God is more merciful than he is wrathful. I find that people mistake the work of evil as the work of God because "God allowed it to happen". I find this type of thinking to be a blocker for me in that In order for us to know and understand good then there has to be an evil. It is the nature of duality and we see this all throughout our lives (positive/Negative, Light/Dark, good/evil and so on). The more we explore the afterlife and NDE's the more clear it becomes. But as I stated earlier we must always ask WHY? and question everything like a child does!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

And if those same folks were around today and said "God said..... (Fill in blank) they would be classed as schizophrenic and given medication.

Do you know how many folk have been locked up for killing their kids because "God told me to do it"? And yet we teach our kids the story of a chap called Abraham who was about to kill his son on the say so of God!!!

With this in mind, why is it today we would class this as a mental illness and yet some of society still believe this was the work of God when in the bible?

Back on topic - another prophecy in Geneses where God said to Adam and Eve - eat from that tree and die the same day - and yet after they ate the apple Adam allegedly lived for another 900 years! Is God a lier?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

I think you'll find that the Westboro Church fanatics are a bunch of lawyers who sue at the drop of a hat anyone who try's to block their protests. It's a money making scam using religion as the tool!

With regards to your point about Christians being excited about their Religion and want to share like a new born baby, let's show the skill of empathy and how would you feel if for example a born again Muslim wanted to share their beliefs with you and that you are an infidel for not following Islam?

For those of us that do not follow any man made relgion, we put up with this nonsense on a daily basis from all religions. I think this thread has proven that even those of us that do not believe in man made relgion, still have a relationship with God, just not the same hateful god portrayed in all the Abrahamic religions!

You seem to only see one side of their God and you rebuke them for your lack of understanding.

I have many Jewish and Muslim friends and we discuss these topics. Even though we all hold different beliefs surprisingly we all can discuss these topics free and clear of animosity and it is quite civil and informative....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Very happy that your religious friends have civility!

Go and have the same conversation with a member of ISIS and see how amicable they are to your view of God!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thanks for the response. My point being do you feel you would have derived at the same conclusion without your indoctrination to begin with. History shows you will (wind gods, fire gods) but as you are clearly "mentally free", do you think you would assume a GOD without being told about the notion of God with our current understanding of the world. I have faith in mankind and believe you, like many others that question what they hear, would not.

No. In 2015, with the amount of readily available information on almost anything, without prior exposure to the concept of religion or God, I think it's a much harder path to take to reach the God conclusion. Many of the traditional roles attributed to "God" (or gods) have obviously been resolved as we have evolved, such as rain, fire, meteors, etc. Therefore, without indoctrination into a specific religion, much of what was once easily explained as God, is now simply explained by rules of physics, meteorology, astronomy, etc.

Faith in God is much more nuanced, at least in my opinion. There is plenty out there still unexplained, and maybe some day it all will be explained. This is why I'm the one who read the evolution vs. creation battles and wonders why there are so few of us who find it logical that God's way was through the evolutionary process. I prefer to think that there is something more to the human existence than simply being a talking ape. It's all a grander scale than the myopic "I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell" version.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

And if those same folks were around today and said "God said..... (Fill in blank) they would be classed as schizophrenic and given medication.

Do you know how many folk have been locked up for killing their kids because "God told me to do it"? And yet we teach our kids the story of a chap called Abraham who was about to kill his son on the say so of God!!!

With this in mind, why is it today we would class this as a mental illness and yet some of society still believe this was the work of God when in the bible?

Back on topic - another prophecy in Geneses where God said to Adam and Eve - eat from that tree and die the same day - and yet after they ate the apple Adam allegedly lived for another 900 years! Is God a lier?

Again your lack of understanding is obvious here.

In the case of Abraham this is known as a test of faith and that is what the story speaks to... Did Abraham kill his son? NO... so why lump him into the same category as people who have a mental illness... can you prove he has a mental illness? People who have mental illnesses typically dont live that long yet here we have Abraham living a full and functional life... I see you stretching here to make a point but your falling short...

In the case for Adam and Eve... you do realize the whole bible isn't literal right... Eat from the tree and effectively we became dead to God. Like a parent telling a kid if you do this your dead to me! yet God did not turn his back on Adam and Eve... Nor did he turn his back on the rest of us.

do you really believe the universe was made in 7 literal days too? Anyone with any true reading comprehension will know the universe was not made in 7 literal days! nor is the Planet 4000 years old.... Come on this may work for the weak of mind and the less knowledgeable but not for those that are educated in the matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Already answered in 2nd Peter 3-8. Which is a takeoff from a statement made in Psalms 90. A day with the Lord lasts a 1000 years on the earth. So technically Adam died on the same day that he ate the apple.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I do hate your relgion and for all the hatred and division it has caused our species in the last two thousand years! IMO relgion should be a private matter and only practiced in the home and place of worship, it has no place in civilised society!

I don't care about things like Football or Baseball or Basketball. But those are important religions to many people. Those are team religions. By their very nature they are not practically practicable at home, some people have small living spaces.

Even if restricted to arenas, stadiums, courts, and diamonds, there are many people who don't get tickets. So there are places called Sports Bars. Even beyond that, there are televised depictions.

Sports games don't always result in violence. Okay, sometimes they do. And yes, maybe they do cause division. I guess the best that non-sports-religionists can do is not get involved.

I've lived most of my life in small towns where local "founder's days", generally named for some event or activity that sets the town apart and gives significance, are very important local holy days. These generally are not violent or divisive at all. I can't remember riots breaking out, even when marching bands from neighboring towns came to march in parades.

Good thread

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'm more than aware that the bible is not literal and that historians (non religious biased) do not give any credence to the bible as an historical document.

The rest of your post is exactly the thing I would say, I'm more than aware of the scientific creation of the universe, I more than aware that some of your fellow Christains will argue the point that the bible is literal including some members here on ATS.

Let's get back on topic and you tell me; do you believe the parts of the bible that speaks about the end times and the coming Rapture?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Where's the evidence that a day for your God is 1000 earth years?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join