It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Choice: Population of 7.5 Billion or 500 Million. What would you choose?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This gets into biblical and scientific explanations.

The earth as it currently exists, is capable of supporting all humans who have lived or died in history. 25-30 billion. Roughly all people who have lived and died could have around an acre of land.

Now if you consider that the bible indicates the land masses were larger, oceans were smaller, and the climate was more temperate before the flood of Noah's day, the earth could very well support a huge number of people.

With a temperate earth as existed pre-flood, Antarctica would be livable space. But you ask: If you melt all that ice, the oceans rise and there is less livable space.

Science will never be able to prove or disprove that the bible indicates a separate layer of the atmosphere composed of water before the flood. Not only would such a layer skew radio carbon dating (Since carbon decay is triggered by ultraviolet radiation and atmospheric conditions), but it would also have made the earth more habitable. More land, more temperate, better food growth.

The bible speaks of a resurrection of people, so this is the future. Supernatural restoration of the previous atmospheric water layer, more land mass, fruits and vegetables out the wazzoo, and 4 or 5 times more people on earth than we have now.
edit on 23-6-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Opposite arguement to yours. That's all. Nothing to be confused about.you said save them all just incase 1 saves us all...I said kill them all (apart from 500 mil) just incase 1 kills them all (as in all). Polar opposite of your perspective.i thought it was a strange point to make so I gave the opposite arguement. That's all. I don't think like that. Can't go on faith.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

It will be about time we pick up the plan building bases on the Moon. With that knowledge/ technology developed we can make a start colonizing Mars and other rocks in our solarsystem.

It is unhealthy to prevent nature to have its course... In the end we will and must spread through the universe.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Don't believe we should let nature run its course. If it wasn't for the floodgates in London it would be submerged by now. None of us would be alive if it weren't for vacinations and medical care. But I do understand your overall point though.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I put my vote on 500 million and no one who controls and cover up the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If anyone wants a smaller population I reccommend starting with yourself and allow those who want to propagate continue to do so. With the naysayers gone maybe we could make the earth like heaven.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Entire world population does an iq test. Anyone who gets below 140 on the iq test should be beheaded like Ned Stark.

That should pretty much guarantee our advance to a type 1 civ within about 30 years!

they should name a starfleet after me!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: Dr1Akula

It will be about time we pick up the plan building bases on the Moon. With that knowledge/ technology developed we can make a start colonizing Mars and other rocks in our solarsystem.

It is unhealthy to prevent nature to have its course... In the end we will and must spread through the universe.

I also think that moving out into space and colonizing the most habitable attainable destinations will be the future. It will take a population equal to or larger than the current one in order to achieve this.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Entire world population does an iq test. Anyone who gets below 140 on the iq test should be beheaded like Ned Stark.

Nice way to get rid of the third world nations where any system of education hardly exists.

That should pretty much guarantee our advance to a type 1 civ within about 30 years!

Hardly because in a SHTF scenario most of your brainiac types are virtually useless because they don't have any survival skills. Not to mention actually doing psychical labor and getting their hands dirty.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Why do the nano bots have to "quickly kill" that many people? I believe sterilization would be a much wiser choice. Much cheaper and leads to the same result.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join