It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven days left to prove or disprove the Bible Codes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't know exactly when this website was created, but given the comments quoted below, it was obviously before the US elections.

Because there are so many versions of the Bible available, I am somewhat skeptical about the 'Bible Codes'. However, the following information could well prove their effectiveness.

There are now seven days left of the year 2004. This is what is prophecied within the Bible Codes for 2004. If it comes true, then I for one will take the codes seriously.

BIBLE CODE PREDICTS:
ELECTION 2004 AD.

In 1994, soon after The Bible Code was discovered, a Bible Code Matrix was found: YITSAK RABIN - ASSASSINATED BY ASSASSIN- AMIR.

This Code was shown to Yitsak Rabin (Prime Minister of Israel) who dismissed the code. One year later, in 1995, Rabin was Assassinated by an Assassin named AMIR. And so the Mystery of The Bible Code began ...

CODEFINDER PROGRAM
G.W.BUSH - ELECTED PRESIDENT-SECOND-

When we add the initials GW, BUSH is encoded with Second - Elected - President. This could either mean Bush will win a second term in 2004 or that he is the Second Bush to become President. I could not find the word OFFICE (second) and did find a word that can abstractly be used for "term".

BIBLE DECODER PROGRAM
BUSH - ASSASSINATED - SAM- 2004 AD

SAM is a Surface To Air Missile, a weapon that The U.S. Military knows that Terrorists have and are trying to bring into the United States.

Is The Bible Code telling us that Bush will re-elected President, then Assassinated by a SAM Missile, by (supposed) Moslem Terrorists?

Later in the page, the codes state the following. There is no date given here.

BIBLE DECODER PROGRAM
T. BLAIR -- ASSASSINATED- ISRAEL-
HAMAS- SAM.

This Code seems to Indicate that PM Tony Blair will be killed by a SAM MISSILE while on a trip to Israel.

There is also a Code that says,
ARAFAT - ASSASSINATED- HAMAS

20 JULY, 2004: Hamas and over Militant PLO Groups are turning against Arafat, calling him weak and ineffective and demanding he steps down. The stage is being set for Arafat to either stand with the Terrorists vs Israel or be eliminated by Hamas.

We know now that Arafat is dead, possibly murdered. According to the first section of this page, the Bible Code supposedly prophecied the assassination of Rabin.

I hope these two prophecies don't come true since I wouldn't wish death upon any human being, but if they do - then we need to look at the codes more deeply.

Bible Codes

[edit on 24-12-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Bear in mind that calendars have changed since Biblical times, and as such 2004 AD as the Bible code tells us will not necessarily mean 2004 AD in our terms. Any idea on what the code is or on what version of the bible it's being used?

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
Bear in mind that calendars have changed since Biblical times, and as such 2004 AD as the Bible code tells us will not necessarily mean 2004 AD in our terms. Any idea on what the code is or on what version of the bible it's being used?

Hebrew version of the bible,
The bible code isnt fact, it can be changed, this is stated in the book "The Bible Code"

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pisky

I tend to think all of this code stuff is nothing but bunk. Why?

Simple

1. Bush is in Texas and no doubt has Patriot or other missles guarding him until he leaves which will be after the first of the year.

2. Blair has no plans to travel to Isreal in the next few weeks. He was in Iraq recently but was not killed. I also think he did make a stop in Isreal but I am not sure.

3. Arafat died and there is no proof he was killed or assinated.

I dought any of this will happen. I wish those supporting these theories on codes etc would take a long walk off a short pier. Hindsight is always great, which seems to be the case with these codes as we all know.

I predict the Packers will beat the Vikings by a FG in the last 10 seconds of the game and win the division. Championship..............

[edit on 12/24/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
2. Blair has no plans to travel to Isreal in the next few weeks. He was in Iraq recently but was not killed. I also think he did make a stop in Isreal but I am not sure.

He went this week to try and sort out the peace deal. The Zionists wanted none of it. As i said, the outcomes of the code can be changed, the codes are just differents roads you can take.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

He went this week to try and sort out the peace deal. The Zionists wanted none of it. As i said, the outcomes of the code can be changed, the codes are just differents roads you can take.

That was my point, he did go there during the time frame and was not killed.

I also agree with Pisky if none of the others take place in the next 6 days, you can take the bible code and burn it. Any fool knows fixed codes cannot be changed once written.

Now I suppose you are going to insist other parts may come true huh? As I have stated before hindsight is great and anyone can try and make something out of a book written years ago after the fact. But we are not talking hindsight here.

Here check out the home page of the stupid bible code site. Shows it is nothing to take serious.

www.satansrapture.com...

6 days from now it will be

[edit on 12/25/2004 by shots]

[edit on 12/25/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Now I suppose you are going to insist other parts may come true huh? As I have stated before hindsight is great and anyone can try and make something out of a book written years ago after the fact. But we are not talking hindsight here.

To be honest, i dont know.
The codes are interesting to read and study, but thats about it

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, that site also says John Kerry will be elected.....so. Maybe it means the next election?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Because there are so many versions of the Bible available, I am somewhat skeptical about the 'Bible Codes'. However, the following information could well prove their effectiveness.

Because this website contains "codes" I have seen before, I believe that it used the Torah in Hebrew. Interestingly enough, Jewish scribes had (still have?) complex mnemonics whereby they memorize the position of every vowel in the torah. A writing which had even a single errant mark in any form- a word substitution, a spelling mistake, or even incorrect margins was considered not to be kosher and could not be used in the synagouge.

This does not prove that they were attempting to preserve codes within the text, nor does it prove that any such attempt was successful, but it does slightly increase the consideration demanded by that theory.

As for the bible codes themselves, there are a few important points to consider in weighing belief (at least for the next 7 days- after that we'll know because the Jewish standard is that if a single prophecy fails then the prophet is not of God and must be put to death).
1. It is not a single code. They use a character skipping program which searches for hidden messages in arrangements from every other letter all the way up to every few thousand letters.
There are 50 chapters in Genesis, 40 in Exodus, 27 in Leviticus, 36 in Numbers, and 34 in Deuteronomy- a total of 187 Chapters just in the Torah.
By averaging several random chapters, the average chapter contains 30 verses. That makes 5610 verses in the Torah. By averaging a few random verses I estimate 50 characters in the average verse. That would make 280500 characters in the Torah to be mixed and matched into words or codes.
These are not just randomized characters either- they are already arranged into words which means that they will appear in coherent orders which are more likely to produce randomed "code words" than a meaningless jumble of letters would.
Further, although I am not a linguist (maybe Byrd could help us out?) I know that there are differences between the Hebrew alphabet and English. Just for example, I have noticed in my concordance that when you carry a proper noun over from Hebrew into English without translating it, the "h" in an "sh" sound becomes optional. For example the character in the bible we know as Seth was actually Sheth. This and other rules of language which I may not be aware of could create ambiguities in translation which could be made to fit. Perhaps the code in question actually should have been translated "Bus assassinated Sham 2004AD." A sham assassination of "the Bus" would mean that Jerome Bettis faked his death perhaps- thats a very different code.
I'm not saying thats the case, I'm just asking how we laymen are supposed to know and trust that somebody making a very extraordinary claim isn't taking liberties to advance his point of view?
Last but not least, it is very easy to get small acronyms and such from a code like this. USA, USSR, UN, NATO, SAM, etc etc etc. I bet that if I had an appropriate computer program and electronic copies of the books that I own, I could find things like "SAM kill Bush" or "USA vs USSR" in almost any book that I own.

There are now seven days left of the year 2004. This is what is prophecied within the Bible Codes for 2004. If it comes true, then I for one will take the codes seriously.

BIBLE DECODER PROGRAM
BUSH - ASSASSINATED - SAM- 2004 AD

*checking my watch and tapping my foot impatiently*

BIBLE DECODER PROGRAM
T. BLAIR -- ASSASSINATED- ISRAEL-
HAMAS- SAM.

This Code seems to Indicate that PM Tony Blair will be killed by a SAM MISSILE while on a trip to Israel.

It would really suck if Tony Blair bought the farm. If the Arnie Ammendment ever gets through (allowing foreigners like The Terminator to become president) I think Blair could be the first crossover politician- if the brits got sick of him he'd still likely do well here. Of course its easy to like somebody when you dont have to deal with them much, so maybe not.

A SAM is a highly unlikely weapon of assassination but it makes a great deal of sense that it appears so often because it is a simple word. I am willing to bet that it occurs in isolation or in jibberish codes with a very high frequency as well due to the mechanics of the Hebrew language.

I hope these two prophecies don't come true since I wouldn't wish death upon any human being, but if they do - then we need to look at the codes more deeply.

Bible Codes

[edit on 24-12-2004 by Pisky]

If I might offer my perspective on prophecy as someone who spent a lot of time as a bible-believing Christian... the standard is 100%. If you get anything even a little bit wrong then your message is not from God, but from the devil. It can be used for deception as easily as for enlightment.
Take Nostradamus with this history of near-misses, such as "Hister". One popular Christian perspective is that Nostradamus was shown enough to give him credibility but also enough lies to make his total impact negative rather than positive.
In short- if prophecy and such is real it is something to be cautious with.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of this new 'Bible code' stuff is circulating to undermine peoples belief in Kabbalism.

The Kabbalah yeilds powerful forms of natural majik, and has an extremely complex set of rules for life demanded of it's adherents, the study of the Kabbalah is a long and difficult journey. Among Orthodox Jews the study of the Kabbalah is not encouraged unless the student is over forty, married, with children, and well versed with the Talmud and the Torah. Among the more liberal divisions of Judaism the study of the Kabbalah is not encouraged and in fact some find portions of the Dogmatic Kabbalah almost heretical.

The Kabbalah forms the basis of much of the western mystery tradition and forms much of the basis of majik ritual of masonry and of the Golden Dawn.

It is very real, very powerful and to be aproached only under the tutelage of an adept at your own risk.

www.cix.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radiohead
Well, that site also says John Kerry will be elected.....so. Maybe it means the next election?

Lots of Bible dudes started making sites about the US election. One said John Kerry was predicted by the bible code to be the Anti-Christ. Thats why its hard to find the correct codes, christians are using the bible to try and convert people.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
If the Arnie Ammendment ever gets through (allowing foreigners like The Terminator to become president) I think Blair could be the first crossover politician- if the brits got sick of him he'd still likely do well here. Of course its easy to like somebody when you dont have to deal with them much, so maybe not.

I hope he waits until I'm back in the UK then - then I won't have to put up with President Blair.

Just less than 33 hours left

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm watching your clock.

No further comments

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
its almost 2005 now... and NONE of these thing have come true. I guess the title of "7 days left to prove Bible code true" was the wrong title, wasnt it??!!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, maybe all that was going to be bad has already happened- we've had enough "bad " stuff as it is...

I dont believe the Bible codes anyway. Seems to me you can look at that stuff and come up with whatever you want, anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So far the only "Prediction" was Rabins Mureder, Everything else can be found only when going back with the facts of the event. If we absolutely knew about the events everything that could be done would be done to change it. God's will, IMHO, will happen regardless if this code becomes 110% accurate. The events itself may not be changed, but the Matrix and wording may change, which could totally provide the exact opposite of a code found.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm on the West Coast - it's 1:16pm now - just less than 10 hours still left of 2004.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be easier to do a 2005 Bible code search? after all we got a whole year to predict and to see whether or not its all bullpats.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No- it's much better to do it this way...make the BIble Code blievers sweat it out.

Ha! But that's just me being cynical. Then again, there's only several hours left

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
hmm.. I'm hoping that this prediction comes true.. of course stricltly for the purpose of proving that the Bible Code is legit and real.. I'd hate to see something happen to your president. (I live in the U.S but don't regard him as my prez)

But as luck will have it and fate maybe.. it seems like nothing will happen and we will have 4 more years!4 more years!4 more years!

what a f'n drag.. LATE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join