It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven days left to prove or disprove the Bible Codes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Less than 7 hours left in California... which I believe means 11 hours at the international date line. This one is almost hopeless at this point.

If there are any bible code believers here I want to make a wager.
If Bush gets rubbed out before midnight I will streak across the field during the superbowl with a sign that says "Bible codes are true", but if he doesn't, you have to legally change your name to Nostradumb*ss.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What really bothers me about the "Bible Code" hoax is that, no matter how many times the prophecies fail, there will always be a fresh batch of sheeple who will gladly accept the next set of prophecies.

I cannot figure out why that is.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Almost.......

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I really must use the 'Bible Code' software on 'Pisky's ATS Story'

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Yes you should.

Given that over half of the world is already into the New Year it is time to bury the bible code and call it a hoax.

I am willing to bet the guy that was selling the software now feels like a fool

[edit on 12/31/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

GRRR@ your story. You've really fouled up my attempts at a conspiracy story. Anything I write seems to infringe on yours. It's too dang good.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
What really bothers me about the "Bible Code" hoax is that, no matter how many times the prophecies fail, there will always be a fresh batch of sheeple who will gladly accept the next set of prophecies.

I cannot figure out why that is.

Because they do not understand the Bible Code. What you have to understand is that while it is believed to fortell the future, you can not find out untill you have all the facts. So in essence you can't know it fortold the future untill after the event. The Matrix it needs to be in is very very small, and to be able to do this yourself would in essence make you a prophet, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The thing about prophecy when it comes to the torah, as I have mentioned before, is that the standard is 100%. If one fails, the prophet is suppsoed to be stoned.

That being said, the new testament makes it clear that "tongues" (confused language) is only valuable if there is one there to translate the prophecy. That being the case, you could say that there is a scriptural basis for prophecy which can not be interpreted until after the fact unless of course a devinely gifted interpreter is provided.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
trickmastertrick says:

"Because they do not understand the Bible Code. What you have to understand is that while it is believed to fortell the future, you can not find out untill you have all the facts. So in essence you can't know it fortold the future untill after the event. The Matrix it needs to be in is very very small, and to be able to do this yourself would in essence make you a prophet, so to speak."

I think what you're trying to say is that we can't say it works unless it works.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will wait until something like the recent tsunami happens, then wait for a "prophet" to hop up and say, "Hey! I was going to predict this very thing last week, but I never got around to it." Then theyt say "Yeah, that makes sense. He really was going to make the prediction, so we can give him some money and buy his books, because the's the real thing."

But I'm certainly not one of those people.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Pardon my semantics, but that defeats the word "foretell". It can still be a prophecy I suppose, if you wanted ot be really permissive, but all its good for is corroborating the past and vindicating the prophet. Not a really useful code.
Even if true, in that sense it would be almost irrelevant, except perhaps as an authenticator for the text in which it was found. In the bible this is still important, but what if the same sort of codes were found within Moby Dick? Would that present a contradiction or would that only be a coincidence, even while the same codes in the bible were seen as "authentication"?
I'm asking- seriously. What do you all think.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, looks like you've got your answer...

Think about it this way.

Let's say a bunch of guys get together. We write 20 books, and come up with a code to include in them, that tells man all they need to know.

Then, the church takes about 12 of these books, ignoring the other 8, and makes a religious text out of it.

Then, that text is translated out of it's native language.

Furthermore, the text is edited. Phrases are taken out, added to, or changed.

Then, a King comes along, says more editing is needed, as it doesn't support what he's trying to do. Ok, more editing takes place.

How much (if there was such a code to begin with) do you think that code would hold true???

The bottom line is, even IF one were to believe such a code ever existed, it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that with all of the inclusions/exclusions, translations, editing, revising, etc., that it would STILL be intact and decipherable. It's bull#.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is sorta off topic and excuse me.. but anyone here have any links for me to be able to download the bible code software?

thanks ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The window of opportunity has gone

Cant wait to see whats inflicted on us this year

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, looks like you've got your answer...

Think about it this way.

Let's say a bunch of guys get together. We write 20 books, and come up with a code to include in them, that tells man all they need to know.

Then, the church takes about 12 of these books, ignoring the other 8, and makes a religious text out of it.

Then, that text is translated out of it's native language.

Furthermore, the text is edited. Phrases are taken out, added to, or changed.

Then, a King comes along, says more editing is needed, as it doesn't support what he's trying to do. Ok, more editing takes place.

The thing is that it is supposed to be done with the Hebrew Version of the Torah. It is only the first five books of the Old Testament, which is understood to be God's direct word to Moses. The problem that arose since around the Birth of the Roman Catholic Church, was the elimination of books, and heavy translating there after. But this is only towards the New Testament. So we can basically eliminate that from the equation. And for anyone truly into interpreting the Bible, knows that "Adding" words is a direct no no from God and they will be punished extremely for it, Like the NIV, it has allot of mistranslations and words added to it. It is meant to be applicable to todays "Times" and readily understandable for everyone to read.

How much (if there was such a code to begin with) do you think that code would hold true???

If there is indeed such a code, then I would have to say that it would be 150% correct. I we take into consideration 'Revelation', which was written almost 90 years after Jesus died, It pre-tells the end of the world. So God already knew he was going to destroy the world, based on his battle with Satan. So if He indeed put a hidden code in there, it could just be a warning to change your lives, in order to put off the End.

The bottom line is, even IF one were to believe such a code ever existed, it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that with all of the inclusions/exclusions, translations, editing, revising, etc., that it would STILL be intact and decipherable. It's bull#.

The thing, to me, is that if it was there in the first place, how could it be changed? Just based on the 9-11 Matrix, you have "twin", "towers", "airplane", then as you extend the Matrix, you have "It knocked down", "Twice". The Mathmetical and Statistical Probabilities of this happening in any other book or work the same size as the Torah, is almost impossible. Now, the model this matrix was based off of, is the same version of the Torah that has always been used, and not changed or edited. So even though the words were entered into the program after the fact, they were always there to begin with.

I totally understand where you are coming from though. I didn't buy these books just to find out the Future, but as something that sparks my interest from studying the Bible. The Code itself has not been "Disproven". The only way for it to work was when computers being able to process it were available. You could not do this by freehand, due to the large number of probabilities you would come up with. It takes the beginning of the Torah all the way to the end in one straight line, then uses the ELS to break it down a builds a matrix of letters around it. You could find say Bush, Assassinated, a date, but then that could be in fifty different spots, all with different meanings and outcomes. I have been trying all day to think of an analogy to try to get My Point across as simple as possible, and when I find it, Ill report back

All in all it comes down to Faith. Valhall gave me a good analogy based on the events surrounding Revelation... Sorry If I mess it up Val but it was like...

It's like a game of chess, He's thinking three moves ahead, but when that first move is made your like WoW.

Maybe Ill have her chime in on this.....

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If there is indeed such a code, then I would have to say that it would be 150% correct. I we take into consideration 'Revelation', which was written almost 90 years after Jesus died, It pre-tells the end of the world. So God already knew he was going to destroy the world, based on his battle with Satan. So if He indeed put a hidden code in there, it could just be a warning to change your lives, in order to put off the End.

Of course, many Biblical scholars think that this doesn't point to the end times, but actually Nero...

Another point is this...if the end is already set, then what's the point? Why have a code at all? Sounds like he's made his decision....

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It works !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lol, Pisky,
i knew you could do it! Little did you know your stories were prophetic, huh?

The New Pisky Codes, hey, you could make a bundle!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by W411Eddie
This is sorta off topic and excuse me.. but anyone here have any links for me to be able to download the bible code software?

thanks ahead of time.

There many this is just one of them.

www.research-systems.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Another point is this...if the end is already set, then what's the point? Why have a code at all? Sounds like he's made his decision....

Bingo!, Thats where I have drawn my line. The whole Bible Code is just interesting to me, I find it amazing that something Like this could exist, but all you need to know is right in front of you in the Bible itself. God has put the words before us for everyone to see. If anything, Biblically speaking, it could be put out by Antichrist, or someone following him in order to turn everyone away from the Bible itself. As Michael Drosnin has worked for the Washington Post, I have seen some people refer to him as Part of the NWO, which wants a one world religion free from Christianity, so he in essence could be working for Satan. Thats just one of the Nuttier Theories I have seen. Remember we are going on a Mathematical Assumption here that it is correct, then you may have some people who say 2+2=5, so again Who Knows? All about Faith IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My understanding from what I read is it is likely 1 year off because of how the calendar is counted. Also, how hard is it to assasinate anyone? JFK although some would speculate he wasn't that well protected, was still fairly well surrounded. And the gun technology back then was a joke compared to what it is now.

And you got the President doing open outdoor speaking events.

As much as I am not a fan of his policies, I honestly don't think anyone wants to see Dick Cheney become president.

Also, it would be safe to say if it didn't happen this year, the bible code is false if it says 2004.

One thing to consider is, there is a rumor going around that Cheney may step down this year and a Bush will have the opportunity to pick a new VP.

There are a lot of benefits for him to do this. One, Cheney could use a break because of his health. And two, to give a Republican a better chance at carrying the White House for another 8 years.

If this scenerario occurs, and say it's Condeleeza Rice like the rumor mills are saying, I could see a posed danger.

It was Chris Rock who once did a bit where he said if the Vice President was black, he couldn't wait to shoot the president, saying he'd be a hero in prison. He'd be like Malcolm X, signing autographs.

I don't see that happening though.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join