It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside look at the American Airlines's 787

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Looks pretty nice for a commercial airliner. I especially like the auto tinting windows. I didn't know they had stair to crew bunks in there either:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Neat looking, but I saw an hour long special on the quality control problems with the assembly process. I'll be dodging this product for as long as possible until after they've killed a few hundred people working out the bugs and getting past the recalls. You can see it here:www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh please. There are issues with the development of every new airplane. That's why there are extensive flight test programs. And even then, if there are further widespread issues, ADs will be issued and complied with immediately to fix the problem ASAP. The 787 has done well operationally already and will do so in the future.

Airbus aircraft have literally crashed because the pilots were confused by its systems. MD-11s have an extensive accident history. 737s have had ADs released before. Are you going to avoid all of those aircraft too? Get real.
edit on 13-6-2015 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There are at least 282 aircraft delivered and flying regular routes every day. So far the worst problem they had was an ELT fire on a parked aircraft. It has since been repaired and flying scheduled routes with no problems. That video was nothing but a hit piece, full of crap information. This aircraft is as safe as any other aircraft flying.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There are at least 282 aircraft delivered and flying regular routes every day. So far the worst problem they had was an ELT fire on a parked aircraft. It has since been repaired and flying scheduled routes with no problems. That video was nothing but a hit piece, full of crap information. This aircraft is as safe as any other aircraft flying.

Very True Zap.

We will be getting ours soon and will do like we do with all new birds..work out the kinks.
The 777 was no easy, ready set go bird either.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Oh god no. They had tons of problems at first, and everyone thought it would fail horribly. Now it's one of the most successful and safest commercial aircraft ever built.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i have flown in this plain fron alcudia to the uk in may 2015 and we got up to 42000 feet and very smooth flight it was ....

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A really neat aircraft. Im going to say the humidifier addition sure was a long time coming. Made me wonder why that took so long...flying boogers are always a nuisance on business trips. Thanks for the Vid

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nice craft.

I will alwAys pick fully recline fat bed over a z position in business class. Especially for Long hauls to Australia, which they don't do with this Dreamliner, so I'm non the wiser
The desk space is impressive.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The 787-9 has the range to do it. Air New Zealand has a few of them flying already to the West Coast. They were the launch customer for them. United started service between Los Angeles and Melbourne at the end of 2014 with a 787-9.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

We call the Melbourne leg the Hepburn. You leave like Audrey and return like Katherine.

The seating can be configured however, shame AA went with for a Z-Business, it will cost them bums on seats over say CX to BJS.

I'd love to fly in it though, maybe a short haul one day.

Though on the BUE leg they will get good traction. Last time I flew AR they had vinyl seats that your legs would stick to and your sweaty skin would peel off when you stood up
That was a while ago, but you never know it may still be horrific as they have an old fleet.
edit on 13-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

AA just launched service to Sydney with their new 777-300s which have similar (if not the same type) lie flats in business. It's not a Dreamliner, but still a nice ride.

edit on 13-6-2015 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They only fly old, busted and dirty 737's out of here. Unless I take an international flight, I'll never see the inside of one of those "big planes".

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

I know, but I still call Australia home....Qantas all the way for me baby!.

Loved this ad campaign (special memory for me)

link   
woooah triple post error! DO I get a stuffed toy! DING DING!

link   

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Siberia? Aeroflot?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Worse. Alaska.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The 787-9 has the range to do it. Air New Zealand has a few of them flying already to the West Coast. They were the launch customer for them. United started service between Los Angeles and Melbourne at the end of 2014 with a 787-9.

the longest I've been on a non-stop is almost 6 hours from Miami to San Francisco...I was going nuts, I can't imagine 12 to 14 hours in a airliner....even people that have taken a shower before going to the airport, start becoming stink factories at that amount of "ass-in-seat" length of time.....I would be having fantasies about how much jail time would I REALLY get if I punched that guy behind me that keeps kicking my seat, FOR 10 HOURS STRIAGHT!!!.....or that 10 year old, the one that won't shut up, and whines or cries about every 30 minutes, just let me have ONE GOOD SLAP LADY, PLEASE!!!...I'll buy you a Mercedes when we land!!!.....and people who have feet that smell like a 3 month old brown gooie diaper, stuck right up under your nose....BRING FOOT POWDER!....I could go on, but it's bringing back too many bad airline memories....

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I've done HNL-LAX, with a short layover in LA, before going to Manila through Japan, and then back the other way. That made for two long days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join