It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another stunning 787 display in preparation for the Paris air show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Clay Lacey is my favorite. They use Lears and do most of the in flight commercials you see.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I seem to remember we used to get Clay Lacey Learjets over here,they had the registration suffix 'CL'.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Super cool video, thanks for sharing!

Its always nice to see those big metal birds making some manoeuvres! Wing vortexes!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

No barrel roll?

I agree there are several things that bird could do to show off it's power to weight ratio (almost empty with min fuel) Rolls and even an immelman with all the thrust to power the bird has no problem.. The 737 will get up and dance and even the old 727 would but... it would become a lawn dart if you screwed up.. 737 was very forgiving ... I do not know how they have the computer flight control system hooked up in the 787... It ain't no Airbuss I would be willing to bet though..

Tommy Boles father did a roll in the 707 right after it first was introduced; if I remember correctly, it was during a fly over of a big football game.. He worked for Boeing as one of their test pilots.

You can roll just about anything unless the flight is managed by flight control computer restrictions.

Or, give Matt Younkin a check out an let him do the display.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The barrel roll was done during the Sea Fair air show they have every year over lake Washington in 1954. "Tex" Johnson actually did it twice that day.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That's what kicked the door open for orders and turned it into a wildly successful aircraft.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

After the demo, Johnston was called to Boeing's big wigs and told him not to perform such a maneuver again, Johnston replied that he was simply "selling airplanes".

Boeing Test Pilot John Cashman said that just before he piloted the maiden flight of the Boeing 777, his last instructions from Boeing's boss were "No rolls."
edit on 11-6-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: 727Sky

The barrel roll was done during the Sea Fair air show they have every year over lake Washington in 1954. "Tex" Johnson actually did it twice that day.

I think Tommy's father got called into the office; I do not know if it was Tex or someone else who said "No more or find another job". All this is third hand and was told to me in the late 70s. I do remember some of the engineers had concerns of slinging a pod engine if the maneuver was not done correctly.. All the pilots knew that was a crock because they never planned on screwing it up.

For all I know Tommy's dad could have been the right seater ? Stories go from We to I sometimes in the retelling of events.. Some great war stories by REMF (s)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That doesn't surprise me. The President of Boeing was at the boat show with the heads of several airlines. He KNEW he was watching their pride and joy crash in front of them.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Some Boeing highlights from the first day at the Paris Air Show and the Boeing test pilots perspective on the 787 display:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ok, I have found probably one of the coolest videos ever. Boeing released another video of the test flight, but this time, you get to choose your view of the flight, and can switch between them. One camera is in the nose, one is on the helicopter, and one is in the cockpit of the Dreamliner.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join